Des drummond

Sticklebricks

In his twilight years at Town, but still never seen any other winger get the better of him, it was great to see such a legend of Rugby League in Town colours, he played a big part in a truly magnificent team.

RIP Dessie.

🔵⚪

RIP Dessie...

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

I recall a play off game at Huddersfield in the Peter Walsh glory days of the 90s when Tony Kay fed Dessie a short pass on the halfway line and in the blink of an eye he was putting the ball down under the posts for a crucial try. I was sitting in the main stand and it happened right in front of me, but i never even saw that pass, so it says a lot about Tony Kay but even more about Dessie. Absolute legend.

10 hours ago, Joe Aitcheson said:

I recall a play off game at Huddersfield in the Peter Walsh glory days of the 90s when Tony Kay fed Dessie a short pass on the halfway line and in the blink of an eye he was putting the ball down under the posts for a crucial try. I was sitting in the main stand and it happened right in front of me, but i never even saw that pass, so it says a lot about Tony Kay but even more about Dessie. Absolute legend.

I remember that, as soon as he got the ball he cut insude and touched down under the posts. Pure class

10 hours ago, Joe Aitcheson said:

Remember that well , Tony Kay got 10 yards on him , and He could motor , but Dessie arrived alongside him on half way , switched the turbo on and He was gone .An absolute quality player who we were all as Town fans lucky to see . RIP Dessie .

11 hours ago, Joe Aitcheson said:

Remember that well Joe, we where fortunate to see him in Town colours, a great of the game, you can tell by the tributes that have been paid to him on social media.

Rochdale , Premiership semi final 1993 . They were in a higher league and had a good side . Thousands of us went and it was one of the great days away , Dessie scored twice , and his second try just showed how good he was . Look it up on YouTube , in and away and he was gone

3 hours ago, DavidM said:

Rochdale , Premiership semi final 1993 . They were in a higher league and had a good side . Thousands of us went and it was one of the great days away , Dessie scored twice , and his second try just showed how good he was . Look it up on YouTube , in and away and he was gone

A brilliant individual and a gentleman, rip Dessie, 

Archived