2022 Supercoach Forum League: Season Complete. Thank You. Join us here again for SC 2023

5 hours ago, Graham said:

Here’s an interesting question….

Who would you have Nico Hynes or Cam Munster?

Both high scorers on their day. Which is the better prospect as a keeper for the season?

I intend to upgrade from Schneider to Hynes this week. It will mean getting rid of David Fafita but there are cheaper ways of getting 50 points a week  with a second row forward. Just waiting for tomorrow's team lists.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

After 2 rounds I have scored 400 points less than last year but am 15,000 places higher in the overall rankings. Just goes to show how much tougher the scoring is this year so far!!

Also, apologies to Graham for beating him.

I thought Hynes was a gamble when I picked him for round 1, but so far I am very happy with him. However, Munster probably has a higher ceiling when the rest of the Storm team are fit and firing.

16 minutes ago, Spotty Herbert said:

After 2 rounds I have scored 400 points less than last year but am 15,000 places higher in the overall rankings. Just goes to show how much tougher the scoring is this year so far!!

Also, apologies to Graham for beating him.

I thought Hynes was a gamble when I picked him for round 1, but so far I am very happy with him. However, Munster probably has a higher ceiling when the rest of the Storm team are fit and firing.

Apology accepted  SH

giphy.gif

Edited by Graham
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Graham said:

Hynes or Munster…
Or… what other changes are you considering?

Now is a good time to make a couple of changes before the price changes kick in… unless of course you have the perfect squad that’s just been misunderstood.

For me this week is about making money in order to be able to upgrade players as the season develops. If you haven't already got them the big winners (assuming they play this week) will be the two Kings in the front row, Randall at hooker, Tago and Penisini in the centres, Schneider, Clune and Clifford in the halves. Plus Dom Young and Corey Oates, neither of whom I would have considered before round 1.

The plan was to  get rid of Fafita then I saw the ream lists, Crichton to interchange. So now they are both gone. MistakeI? Time will tell.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

19 minutes ago, Irish Saint said:

The plan was to  get rid of Fafita then I saw the ream lists, Crichton to interchange. So now they are both gone. MistakeI? Time will tell.

Second row has traditionally been fairly easy to pick with a small number of outstanding players. So far this season it looks like there could be as many as a dozen useful second rowers and they are not necessarily the names we would have expected. I thought it was my weakest area, but so far it hasn't been too bad!

Yes, a lot of better scores this week with the 1,000 point target being hit and passed by 3/4 of us.

Let’s have a look at how the points have totalled up after Round 3

TOTAL POINTS AFTER ROUND 3

yInPQby.jpg

zOcso5U.jpg

As you can see the points scored this week have gone up quite dramatically. What do you put that down to?

Are you happy now or are changes still wanted/needed.

Anyone planning for a Cleary inclusion soon/eventually? Have you seen his price currently?

Right then how did the Head2Heads go?

Well it was either a win or a loss. How did it go for you?

Here’s how the individual matches went.

Notice there were two very close results:

R3 H2H Fixtures:

kdJnSJe.jpg
There was a 7 point victory for James (Clubber Langs) and an eleven point win for Draco (Supercoach Dragon). 

Those results have produced this league table…

HEAD2HEAD AFTER ROUND 3

u4wur2X.jpg
m6ccEHZ.jpg

Kurtis and James are topping both ladders. Well done both.

Early days yet, but that was an early key round in terms of reshaping the teams before price changes came in.

I hope you did well or at least have a cunning plan.

Cheers.

Enjoy your Rugby League.

Edited by Graham

• Graham changed the title to 2022 Supercoach Forum League: Results usually posted Mondays - Results After Round 3

Cody Ramsey has been called in and had his contract torn up. If only i had played Mann those opening weeks ..... Cobbo gets benched this week and probably gone next week

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Anybody else seeking change.

Is it stick or twist for you?

Its got to be twist, but can't decide which of my failures is more important to replace. Plus, with Cleary named do we need to find a way to get him in?

1 hour ago, Spotty Herbert said:

Its got to be twist, but can't decide which of my failures is more important to replace. Plus, with Cleary named do we need to find a way to get him in?

Clearly can wait until his price drops for me although he will have to come into my side at some point, maybe after Origin.

Probably only Tylan May to come in for me this week but Starling at Raiders could be an option as well.

• Like 1

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

• Graham changed the title to 2022 Supercoach Forum League: Results usually posted Mondays - Results After Round 4
  • Graham changed the title to 2022 Supercoach Forum League: Results usually posted Mondays - Results After Round 5
  • Graham changed the title to 2022 Supercoach Forum League: Results usually posted Mondays - Results After Round 5 … Teddy?
11 hours ago, Graham said:

What do you think about Teddy? Is he really a keeper? What about swapping him for say Gutho?

Gutho is my captain this week. Haas benched replaced by Josh King. Only doubts in my team are CTW as my three reserves there haven't played a game thus year. Tho I have hopes for Koula.

Tedesco, most traded out player this week never was in my team. It was Pap,  who I regret not captaining two weeks ago, and Gutho.

Roosters guns have been poor this year. VC Crichton and Keary have been moved on.

Full Back has been very low scoring this year.  In previous seasons to do well in SC you needed to have two gun FB's.  Teddy, Turbo, Papy, Ponga etc.  Bar Papys huge score last week none of them is really setting the world on fire and are no more valuable than a gun in any other position.

Maybe it will sort itself out?  Teddy to Taafe could be a goer for me as it would free up big money to bolster my front row especially with Haas suspended this week.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

I still think 2 top full backs are a necessity. Nobody is consistently scoring the points they did last year (with the exception of Nicho Hynes). Blake Taafe is a gamble, but he may make money and enable you to upgrade elsewhere, but I would suggest that moving Tedesco on is the sort of risk that could come back to haunt in a couple of weeks. Specially when you look at who they face in the next three / four weeks.