Newcastle next up.

RogerT

I really enjoyed that one, a very proud Bulldog tonight.

Huge thanks to Piggy's Mate for the lift up, it's really appreciated. I still haven't managed to wipe the smile off my face throughout the trip back to Wales.

There's not many better feelings than driving back after watching the lads do a number on a much fancied, full time opposition on their own backyard.

Well done lads!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Newcastle were nowhere near us over the entire course of the match and in my opinion are nowhere near being good enough to survive as a full-time team. Their pack was nowhere near taking ours on apart from a couple of really good breaks which only came about through us trying to grab shoulders instead of bodies. Yes they were quick at times on the dash but I personally didn't think they gave us as much of a game as last year.

15 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Another fabulous result. Didn't expect it to be as conclusive as that. 

Barrow n Batley off to a flyer and however you look at it, both will be higher up the table than either fev or leigh come Monday. 😊

Well done batley. ..again

Let's hope you draw, then we will be still above the both of you 🙃.

Batley v Widnes would be a good million £ game 😄

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

How fickle is the press! A number of journos have wasted column inches telling us how the likes of York and Newcastle are dark horses for promotion/ play-offs and how we're destined to do no better than 8th yet The YEP now changes Horses in midstream and tells us that we have just turned over the 'unknowns' of Newcastle Thunder....

I loved the thought as some of the Batley spectators started changing their shout about holding down and slowing Batley up to in the last ten mins "Let them lie on as much as they want" stopping them from winning.

Archived