Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

About 500 more than I expected and up with where we were pre Covid , I'm never satisfied with any non sell out attendance , but it was a good start , plenty resting on next Monday's match at Fev , both from a playing point and fan engagement 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, westlondonfan said:

If you mean financially, that is not necessarily the case, if half the spectators paid only paid £1 or £5 at Wimbledon. This was probably the case yesterday if there were 400 Widnes fans present.

Fine with that - their beer sales help the rent be relatively low - at £200k - and help the club play in a decent stadium and not a jazzed up park.

You never know - they might even come back.

Ealing was £120 for a season ticket. They were hardly raking it in on the gate.

Edited by Leonard

36 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

Apart from those many times it did.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_London_Broncos_season

So outside Fev - with away fans - and the novelty of Toronto and Toulouse - barely broke 800. And crowds fell away at the end of the season - a season they make the £1m game.

Even the Super 8s were pitiful - given away support. An average of 962 with Super League opposition and the attraction of Toronto is nothing to brag about.

So - nope from me. Ealing was done and dusted.

Edited by Leonard

5 hours ago, cookey said:

David Hughes would be delighted to 'sell' London, after the enormous amount of money he has put in to it. Unfortunately, no one wants to buy it, at any price. When he is no longer around, neither will be London. So get your criticism in now, you wont be able to in the future. It's staggering that so many people with neither knowledge or information (and certainly no money) just love to criticise others.

His son will take on the reins I reckon 

4 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Not changing the date of the fixture,twice might help,especially the away contingent.

I understand the frustration for Haven fan's but I strongly doubt that Saturday would have produced a better attendance that Sunday brought in, I reckon it could have been as much as a 1,000 down, maybe it's just Leigh but Saturday figures have proved disappointing previously.

• Like 2

Some other decent attendances in the championship

Barrow v sheffield 1927

Batley v halifax 1796

Dewsbury v bradford 2241

Leigh v whitehaven 3334

London v widnes 2182

Workington attendance not given 

These are not bad figures at all

Thoughts

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Rocket said:

Do you think doing whatever it takes to get those away fans turning up might be another priority.

You live there so you`ll have to tell me but I thought one stand full of noisy northerners might be just the thing that dilletante London League fans might just find appealing. I know everyone loves it over here at the cricket with the touring Barmy Army, in fact they can`t get the bloody cameras off them half the time.

Anyway just thought if the Broncos could strike some sort of deal for visiting fans and work with their clubs it could go along way to enhancing the game day experience.

As with Perpignan  the location is a a significant attraction, though engaging the local(ish) community would gain a greater benefit. The other thing to take into account is there are plenty of ex-pat "noisy northerners" in and around London but most do not not turn up unless their team are playing London Broncos, why they do not turn up for other matches is for them to answer. There had been talk of needing to attract the NZ/Aus ex-pat/traveller community that also drew little benefit. There was a lot of hope when Junior RL in London grew at its fastest rate with free tickets available to parents of junior players. They even had periods of giving away tickets in one of the main London newspapers. You can debate how successful or not those tactics have been but there is no convincing case for them. 

Good engagement with the existing fanbase and local communities has been suboptimal, you could also argue the same for the matchday experience. Though crucially the club moving around so many times is one of the other big factors, though when they initially move they get a boost but have often not managed to build on it. 

2 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Lets see what York get tonight. 

Advance warning York City Knights home attendances are no longer given. The first 2 Knights matches at the new stadium had crowds given, the 10 matches since then haven’t.

A Knights official said on Facebook if they don’t believe the attendance given by the Stadium Management Group (who run the stadium) then they don’t publicise it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Very RL that we are now onto the third thread about yesterday's Championship attendances.

• Like 5

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

4 hours ago, The storm said:

Clubs have to make a big effort to increase revenue now tgat central funding is reduced. 

So leigh must have took over 50 grand for that game 

Tickets incl sponsorship/dining/boxes would have topped £100k - secondary spend on top but that stays with LSV

2 hours ago, Leonard said:

Fine with that - their beer sales help the rent be relatively low - at £200k - and help the club play in a decent stadium and not a jazzed up park.

You never know - they might even come back.

Ealing was £120 for a season ticket. They were hardly raking it in on the gate.

Season ticket holders buy beer too.

I imagine the number of season ticket holders has gone down since the price was more than doubled.

4 hours ago, Archie Gordon said:

I don't fully follow this.

You could also say 800 at Ealing would be better than 500 at Wimbledon.

There are lots of moving parts on right-hand side of the attendance equation. But Broncos average home attendance so far in 2022 is 2182 - long may that number hold up.

800 in a 9000 seat modern stadium doesn't look good at all.