Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

Barrow added extra bars, food outlets & a huge marquee so they can maximise match day revenue by letting folk in for before 12 or 1pm (can’t remember which) So these fans eat, drink & be merry in the ground instead of the pubs & restaurants outside the ground & Sheff usually don’t bring many so 99% will be locals. 

Hope we average at least 2500 this season.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, mickmike wilson said:

Barrow added extra bars, food outlets & a huge marquee so they can maximise match day revenue by letting folk in for before 12 or 1pm (can’t remember which) So these fans eat, drink & be merry in the ground instead of the pubs & restaurants outside the ground & Sheff usually don’t bring many so 99% will be locals. 

Hope we average at least 2500 this season.

Brilliant i have soft spot for Barrow (Remember Rocket Reddy being coach there way back) the potential in Barrow is huge IMHO for what its worth.

Headmasters marks out of 10 10 +:)

Edited by ATLANTISMAN

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Seriously ? , Given its a modern ( brand new ) stadium , surely it's all electronic ? 🤔

Ignore me. Crowd given as 3602, not bad to say York’s last weekday match (not including bank hols) was 451.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jughead said:

How do we then feel about London, who had a load at £1?

It is irrelevant, these are business decisions. Professional sport is a business.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, Eddie said:

Looks like Oliver/Hela is back. 

What???

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

11 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

I know. That’s why I said ignore me 🙃

Apologies for not being clear, its just that we were told Monday nights and being on TV would be terrible for crowds. Turns out its the best crowd of the week!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Jughead, I think the twice banned Oliver / Hela Wigman is probably back. 

Are you accusing me of being one or both of the above?

31 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Apologies for not being clear, its just that we were told Monday nights and being on TV would be terrible for crowds. Turns out its the best crowd of the week!

Ah, I thought you meant my comment about the stadium group never announcing the crowds at York! 

I hope crowds continue to be good, it’s a really positive start. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mickmike wilson said:

Barrow added extra bars, food outlets & a huge marquee so they can maximise match day revenue by letting folk in for before 12 or 1pm (can’t remember which) So these fans eat, drink & be merry in the ground instead of the pubs & restaurants outside the ground & 

I don't understand why more clubs don't do this, especially my own. There's literally nothing to do at some clubs pre-match and post match. You've got thousands of punters you're essentially telling to go away!

• Like 1
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg