Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

2 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I don't understand why more clubs don't do this, especially my own. There's literally nothing to do at some clubs pre-match and post match. You've got thousands of punters you're essentially telling to go away!

Like many others you don't own the stadium 

Rugby League isnt very good at giving out attendances to the press anymore. Yet you can go and look at tier 5&6 in football and they are quite happy to show their attendances along with the results. Although it would be better if St Helens Town AFC just showed the attendance and not the results, their defence is like WWR. 

14 minutes ago, Eddie said:

No

Seems odd to relate me to them then.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

8 hours ago, The storm said:

Some other decent attendances in the championship

Workington attendance not given 

Seen figures of 1200-1500 bandied about by Workington fans elsewhere, which seems a couple of hundred up on what they were getting last year.

Makes roughly 16.5K total for the round, which is encouraging.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Josef K said:

Rugby League isnt very good at giving out attendances to the press anymore. Yet you can go and look at tier 5&6 in football and they are quite happy to show their attendances along with the results. Although it would be better if St Helens Town AFC just showed the attendance and not the results, their defence is like WWR. 

NCEL usually post attendances along with results within an hour of full time, incredible when you consider half the crowds don’t get into 3 figures and it’s level 8/9.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Brilliant i have soft spot for Barrow (Remember Rocket Reddy being coach there way back) the potential in Barrow is huge IMHO for what its worth.

Headmasters marks out of 10 10 +:)

I think we all have a soft spor spot for barrow but if they can generate £3000 to £5000 profits on drinks and food 

Widnes sell hollands pies and they akways sell out

I often wondee who orders the ours as they are just gone by half time. 

Media presence is also garbage at widnes 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Toronto didn't invent fanzones, chief. The fanzone at Wimbledon is like a mini BoxPark, which have been around in London for a long time now.

It's not in sight of the pitch in any case. Quite different from the beer garden at Lamport.

I see you don't have the honest answer to the honest question; just semantic replies.   I'm disappointed in you.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Leonard said:

So much for Premier Sports decimating crowds.

£10 tickets and kids free with Fev putting bus's on free of charge - its the equivalent of 1800 on a sunday 3pm, when if it had of been say Sunday at 5.30pm on our League without those offers the gate would be the same if not better, and York considerably better off. Premier are decimating income that clubs cant afford to lose with funding cuts.

But it seems like its a disease we have to live with this season.

Edited by sweaty craiq
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

£10 tickets and kids free with Fev putting bus's on free of charge - its the equivalent of 1800 on a sunday 3pm, when if it had of been say Sunday at 5.30pm on our League without those offers the gate would be the same if not better, and York considerably better off. Premier are decimating income that clubs cant afford to lose with funding cuts.

What happened with the vote?

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Kids have got in free at York for years. It does not have a lower equivalent attendance, the attendance is what it was, yet again you are talking rubbish. You said the Championship tv deal was a disaster and you are wrong, it’s great exposure for the Championship clubs and competition.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

3604 good crowd 

To be pedantic, 3,602.

Be interesting to see how many York get on Sunday, when it's back to £20 (£15 concessions, U16s free) and the opposition isn't terribly attractive.

Last night, York were handing out glossy flyers (not the first time), advertising the Dewsbury match. 

Edited by Hopping Mad

5 minutes ago, Hopping Mad said:

To be pedantic, 3,602.

Be interesting to see how many York get on Sunday, when it's back to £20 (£15 concessions, U16s free) and the opposition isn't terribly attractive.

Last night, York were handing out glossy flyers (not the first time), advertising the Dewsbury match. 

What's wrong with advertising  your next game, maybe more clubs should do it.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

What's wrong with advertising  your next game, maybe more clubs should do it.

It’s exactly those sort of games, no disrespect to Dewsbury, where advertising and something creative and appealing is required but to most RL people, “what’s the point of [insert club name]? They bring zero away fans” is easier. 

• Like 1