Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

1 hour ago, Southport Tiger said:

Where has this sudden preoccupation with attendance figures come from.  Can't we just go back to the old fashioned method of counting the empty seats

Only problem is with standing areas, would need an equation to calculate spaces to crowd size. 😁

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Josef K said:

Attendances have always been a talking point in RL ever since i started going.
When i meet up with mates at a game we sometimes have a sweep and the closest to the correct attendance wins the cash. When i speak to people who didn’t go to the game they will ask “how many was on” and “how many away fans were there”. 

Yes it's usually , " what was the score ? " followed by either " Leigh are sheeite " or " were they playing the blind school ? " Depending on the result , then " how many was on ? " , And finally " you'd have to pay me to watch them " 😉

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Yes it's usually , " what was the score ? " followed by either " Leigh are sheeite " or " were they playing the blind school ? " Depending on the result , then " how many was on ? " , And finally " you'd have to pay me to watch them " 😉

And thats just walking into the George and Dragon

42 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

People always used to say when an attendance was announced, “blimey there is more than that on”. 

10 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

£10 tickets and kids free with Fev putting bus's on free of charge - its the equivalent of 1800 on a sunday 3pm, when if it had of been say Sunday at 5.30pm on our League without those offers the gate would be the same if not better, and York considerably better off. Premier are decimating income that clubs cant afford to lose with funding cuts.

But it seems like its a disease we have to live with this season.

I think the Knights management will be very pleased with last night's crowd and income. The last couple of decades of RL in York are not exactly sprinkled with 3K+ regular-season crowds, let alone being the showpiece fixture for a new live broadcaster. 

Hope the Fev fans enjoyed their night - fantastic away attendance (800-900 on a Monday night 😀)

This is about growing the game and profile of the club in York, which in turn will boost the supporter base and increase sponsorship income...... No, the Knights did not lose out (apart from on the pitch) last night !

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Or any threads about starting more attendance threads 

Ha! Good luck with that.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson