Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

2 hours ago, RBKnight said:

I think the Knights management will be very pleased with last night's crowd and income. The last couple of decades of RL in York are not exactly sprinkled with 3K+ regular-season crowds, let alone being the showpiece fixture for a new live broadcaster. 

Hope the Fev fans enjoyed their night - fantastic away attendance (800-900 on a Monday night 😀)

This is about growing the game and profile of the club in York, which in turn will boost the supporter base and increase sponsorship income...... No, the Knights did not lose out (apart from on the pitch) last night !

We certainly enjoyed our visit and did a bit of shopping ( the Wife's idea lol) and then Nando's ( my idea) enjoyed the seats and view in the ground and will be back.

• Like 4

I was just looking down the first page of threads on here and found there are 8 threads based around the topic of people going to games. I think it would be more appropriate to just have one place for these in depth discussions a bit like when the forum was getting swamped by Toronto threads and they were all merged. 

I mean, 8 threads, come on! 

...ah, erm, make that 9. I didn't say the 'a' word though! 

• Haha 1

• John Drake changed the title to Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)
5 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I was just looking down the first page of threads on here and found there are 8 threads based around the topic of people going to games. I think it would be more appropriate to just have one place for these in depth discussions a bit like when the forum was getting swamped by Toronto threads and they were all merged. 

I mean, 8 threads, come on! 

...ah, erm, make that 9. I didn't say the 'a' word though! 

All now merged.

No more, please.

• Like 2

Sorry John, I was just in one of those moods where you look at 8 of something and feel a 9th is really what would solve the problem! 

Still, amazing that adding all those threads together equalled 10 pages of comments! How many more comments do we need to beat that Toronto merged thread from a couple of years back?? 

On 01/02/2022 at 21:15, Bring back GB said:

Not even 27.

Our crowds will be 3000 plus in Summer for the games against Bradford, Widnes, Leigh etc, especially if we get some wins under our belts.

Full credit goes to the Sheffield fans who made the journey though. 

On 01/02/2022 at 13:59, Jughead said:

Can we have a thread about what clubs are doing free tickets, what clubs are doing reduced price tickets and one about what traffic, TV and ticket prices and how it affects away attendances?

As you mentioned the price of tickets i was told by a mate for Saints fan’s to pay at the gate at Hull will be £28. I thought flipping heck that seems a bit steep perhaps they’re offering a free cuppa with it. He said “no it’s £28”. I was going to go, but with the 12pm KO and live on Ch4 one will be missing this now sadly. 
But i wonder with the all seater stadia at Wigan & Hull if they will bring back any standing areas ?. 

Wonder what sort of crowd Warrington are expecting tonight v Salford. I have noticed they are only opening 1 stand. Yet they got more than I thought they would for the Stef Ratchford testimonial.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cw25 said:

Wonder what sort of crowd Warrington are expecting tonight v Salford. I have noticed they are only opening 1 stand. Yet they got more than I thought they would for the Stef Ratchford testimonial.

If you look at the line up it won't surprise you if they open only half a stand, it 90% kids. So lots of friends and proud family members. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Josef K said:

As you mentioned the price of tickets i was told by a mate for Saints fan’s to pay at the gate at Hull will be £28. I thought flipping heck that seems a bit steep perhaps they’re offering a free cuppa with it. He said “no it’s £28”. I was going to go, but with the 12pm KO and live on Ch4 one will be missing this now sadly. 
But i wonder with the all seater stadia at Wigan & Hull if they will bring back any standing areas ?. 

Hull City/ stadium management just been taken over by a turkish media man so interesting times to see what ideas he has

4 hours ago, Cw25 said:

4 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

If you look at the line up it won't surprise you if they open only half a stand, it 90% kids. So lots of friends and proud family members. 

Tonights match is a really weird one. Warrington have announced a 2nd team which I think is disappointing for Lee Mossop as it is his testimonial. They announced the other day that the tickets sold for the East Stand would be relocated to the North and they were closing the East.

I also have no idea why a testimonial is being held at Warrington for this, and I think it is a touch sad for Mossop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

Widnes had some tough years . First normal season since relegation and if they can stay competitive could be on road to recovery.  1500 for York is respectable but maybe a touch disappointing.  

Longer playoff hunt is open should mean longer interest is maintained.  

There was a promotion on, but judging by the chaos at the refreshments at half-time it took the club by surprise.