Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

4 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Heard it is the council in charge and Why its dross. 

Had there been half the number it would still have been crowded.

They shut the first bar area which is actually far better set up with two sets of doors in and out.

8 minutes ago, Damien said:

Totally:

At Widnes today, I've never seen anything like it. Luckily, we were covered but with the lights from the stand and the wind you could just see huge swirls of hale coming down across the pitch and around the stands. It was actually pretty cool, but I'm sure it wasn't for the players!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Damien said:

Totally:

I think we should definitely consider Rugby League becoming a summer sport.

• Haha 5

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

I think there will be 8,800 at Saints on Thursday. I know a few people who would go but because of work commitments and it being a Thursday night they have to give it a miss. 
the other gates

(Cas v Salford 7,400) (HKR v Wigan 7,900)
(Leeds v Wire 12,300)  (Toulouse v Huddersfield 4,500) (Wakey v Hull 5,300). 

9 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

At Widnes today, I've never seen anything like it. Luckily, we were covered but with the lights from the stand and the wind you could just see huge swirls of hale coming down across the pitch and around the stands. It was actually pretty cool, but I'm sure it wasn't for the players!

I went to watch Cas play Widnes in the 4th round of the 2006 Challenge Cup.  We sat in the large stand that is to the right of the tv cameras.  I was sat in the second row from the back and the driving rain and hail was so horizontal that it was smacking me in the face.

And to make it a thoroughly miserable day Widnes then in the Championship, or whatever it was called then, beat us 14-4.  I am sure that David Peachey played that day for Widnes.

Edited by Adelaide Tiger
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

I went to watch Cas play Widnes in the 4th round of the 2006 Challenge Cup.  We sat in the large stand that is to the right of the tv cameras.  I was sat in the second row from the back and the driving rain and hail was so horizontal that it was smacking me in the face.

And to make it a thoroughly miserable day Widnes then in the Championship, or whatever it was called then, beat us 14-4.  I am sure that David Peachey played that day for Widnes.

Think Peachy scored twice that day.

Tbh, although it was cold and windy the weather was okay for most of yesterday.

The hailstorm only arrived in the last couple of minutes.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

Good turnout by both home and away tonight , best crowd I've ever seen at Fev 

Didn't stop the Fev ' ultra's ' giving it the " came in a taxi " , we must have some big taxis in Leyth 😉

Edited by GUBRATS
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, bigbaldnmad said:

Hat's off to Leigh, more came than I expected.... but would have been more on a Sunday.

3,100 on a Sunday afternoon in 2019.

4,500 on a Monday evening in 2022.

• Like 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

20 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

No , we didn't take 4,500 last night , neither did we take 3,100 in 2019 

Fascinating. You're a very interesting person.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

26 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

3,100 on a Sunday afternoon in 2019.

4,500 on a Monday evening in 2022.

With last nights game being on TV too. 

I live quite a drive from Fev these days and with the bad weather and work early this morning I almost stayed at home and watched on the TV. Glad I didn't now.

• Like 2

Great to see the 2 televised games  so. far have had great attendances & a certain posters talk of big financial losses of income for these games has been a figment of his imagination.

Live games on TV & good attendances across  the league are real positives for the Championship so far,let’s hope it continues.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Great to see the 2 televised games  so. far have had great attendances & a certain posters talk of big financial losses of income for these games has been a figment of his imagination.

Live games on TV & good attendances across  the league are real positives for the Championship so far,let’s hope it continues.

Early days Dav , but hopefully it will continue and be a success 

• Like 3

I actually think premier will boost attendances. Nothing like regular TV coverage to make a league look more relevant and, therefore, attractive to potential match goers.

The whole game last night was made into more of an occasion due to the coverage and this can only increase going forward.

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

We've started with two good games mind. A modern stadium and arguably a top 2 clash.  I worry how the coverage will look when we get to some less modern grpunds or top games  .

But York showed how to make it look good.  Confident Barrow would work some magic to make it an event. Newcastle vs York if both are running well.  

More worried it will show how bad Bulls are if they show a game and we only have 3000 rattling around the stadium.  

Sheffield for new stadium opener might be one to pencil in.

Yeah Batley v Workington wouldn’t look great but I assume Premier will be picking and choosing their games.