Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

8 hours ago, Leonard said:

I actually think premier will boost attendances. Nothing like regular TV coverage to make a league look more relevant and, therefore, attractive to potential match goers.

The whole game last night was made into more of an occasion due to the coverage and this can only increase going forward.

From a Fev point of view we have just put on 2 big performances on the TV would be nice if it prompted a few armchair fans back in to the ground 

• Like 2

On 06/02/2022 at 23:58, Josef K said:

I think there will be 8,800 at Saints on Thursday. I know a few people who would go but because of work commitments and it being a Thursday night they have to give it a miss. 
the other gates

(Cas v Salford 7,400) (HKR v Wigan 7,900)
(Leeds v Wire 12,300)  (Toulouse v Huddersfield 4,500) (Wakey v Hull 5,300). 

Toulouse Union’s game is on Sunday evening, hopefully it won’t impact on Olympique’s crowd too much, I think 4k would be considered a success. 

I think there will be 8,800 at Saints on Thursday. I know a few people who would go but because of work commitments and it being a Thursday night they have to give it a miss. 
the other gates

May be a bit higher at Saints as Home Bargains are giving away a lot of East Stand tickets to staff as part of their sponsorship deal.

I'd hope for a 10,000+ crowd.

• Like 1

the other gates

These are pretty conservative estimates for the first games of the season. Historically these are high crowds for clubs as there is a lot of optimism about (before Hull fans start tearing their season passes up).

Saints v Catalans 11,500, Cas v Salford 9,000, Hull KR v Wigan 8700, Leeds v Wire 13,800, Toulouse v Huddersfield 5,700, Wakefield v Hull 6,500

Saints is a GF rematch plus a strong promotion from the club. Definitely a solid five figure crowd

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Saints v Catalans 11,500

Fingers crossed but I'd be pleasantly surprised if it's that high. The last Thursday night game vs Catalans got 9100 and season ticket numbers are a little down on pre-covid restrictions. With the extra 'event' stuff going on and, like you say, it's the first game of the season I reckon 10-11k would be pretty reasonable. Less than 9k would be very disappointing and quite worrying tbh.

• Like 1

On 06/02/2022 at 18:02, ShropshireBull said:

Widnes had some tough years . First normal season since relegation and if they can stay competitive could be on road to recovery.  1500 for York is respectable but maybe a touch disappointing.  

Longer playoff hunt is open should mean longer interest is maintained.  

Not so long ago we were only getting 500 attending .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Moove said:

Fingers crossed but I'd be pleasantly surprised if it's that high. The last Thursday night game vs Catalans got 9100 and season ticket numbers are a little down on pre-covid restrictions. With the extra 'event' stuff going on and, like you say, it's the first game of the season I reckon 10-11k would be pretty reasonable. Less than 9k would be very disappointing and quite worrying tbh.

Do you know how much down on pre-covid sales?  Sounds odd but I wonder if Saints winning it comfortably for the last three years has switched some people off a bit. 

1 hour ago, paulwalker71 said:

Bit late to this, but Bulls vs Sheffield was 3547

Those who skipped it didn't miss much

17160 across the 7 championship clubs, slightly higher than the opening week. Not bad to average not far off 2500 after each club has had one home game, only Newcastle below the 1000 mark.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, JonM said:

17160 across the 7 championship clubs, slightly higher than the opening week. Not bad to average not far off 2500 after each club has had one home game, only Newcastle below the 1000 mark.

Yeah 638 must have been disappointing for Newcastle, especially with Newcastle Utd not playing last weekend and the Union team being away. Not sure how they can hope to sustain a full time team with attendances like that, hopefully they’ll pick up. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Do you know how much down on pre-covid sales?  Sounds odd but I wonder if Saints winning it comfortably for the last three years has switched some people off a bit. 

Not sure. McManus mentioned during the week that season tickets were slightly down but didn't say by how much. Corporates are back to pre-covid restrictions though so hopefully it's just a case of a few still being unsure about the situation and half-season tickets do well later in the year.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Moove said:

Not sure. McManus mentioned during the week that season tickets were slightly down but didn't say by how much. Corporates are back to pre-covid restrictions though so hopefully it's just a case of a few still being unsure about the situation and half-season tickets do well later in the year.

Fair point. Also fans buying season tickets for 2 years and not being full value for money - mostly due to Covid of course.

9 hours ago, Chris22 said:

May be a bit higher at Saints as Home Bargains are giving away a lot of East Stand tickets to staff as part of their sponsorship deal.

I'd hope for a 10,000+ crowd.

That would be excellent Chris, hopefully the bars will make a bit of cash. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Fair point. Also fans buying season tickets for 2 years and not being full value for money - mostly due to Covid of course.

True, I do know a few who have had to think a lot harder about renewing this year than they would normally. Seeing a number of clubs making a push on the off-field side of things is a positive sign that they've recognising they're going to need to work a bit harder to get everyone back - I just hope they stick with it and they might find they attract a few new faces long-term too.