Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

It’s really positive to see the clubs making an effort to get fans through the gate. But i hope they don’t think because they have promoted one round of games they don’t have to do anymore. Hopefully they will be thinking of other ideas too keep the public interested in attending more matches. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, M j M said:

Sales at Headingley have stalled a bit over the last week. Plenty of availability in the East Stand and a bit left in the North. Still, should be an above-average crowd. Hopefully there won't be any drum complaints from viewers. . .

I expect Leeds to have the highest round 1 attendance across Super League, with a 20k capacity there will likely be some empty seats still.

34 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I expect Leeds to have the highest round 1 attendance across Super League, with a 20k capacity there will likely be some empty seats still.

Hopefully around 15K. A decent crowd and a high intensity game will look really good for the game on terrestrial TV

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Josef K said:

It’s really positive to see the clubs making an effort to get fans through the gate. But i hope they don’t think because they have promoted one round of games they don’t have to do anymore. Hopefully they will be thinking of other ideas too keep the public interested in attending more matches. 

This is a challenge. If that kind of event draws in new fans and they attend an event that simply has an open stadium and 80m of sport they can feel peeved. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonM said:

Yorkshire Evening Post says Castleford-Salford was a sell-out, 10 500 capacity attendance.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/reds-stun-tigers-to-ruin-radfords-debut-3565357

God if only the rest of the country was more like Castleford.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, frank said:

Although it's raining the temp is about  28c hence the 4 quaters.

RL is an attritional game. The playing environment weather included  factors in to that. Two halves every time for me.

At last years CC Final the temperature hit 27c  - not for the first time.....

Today - a great game by the way - I didn't see any waterboys on the park- and little fatigue amongst the players.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Josef K said:

That’s a cracking photo, it didn’t look that good were i was stood. But i was in an area with the scruff’s and the Nando’s gang, who spend more time at the bar queuing up for a pint of ######. By the time they stagger back to their spec having spilt most of the lager, their mates are shouting “were the f****** hell have you been”. Five mins later they’re back off to queue up at the bar. Not before they’ve been for their 7th ###### of the night. 

Sorry, I’d have said hello if I’d have known. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14k+ was mentioned on the TV at Headingley. If so that means around 46-47k for the first 4 games. Strong showings at Wakefield 6-7k and Toulouse 5-6k could nudge a 10k average for round 1 which would be awesome.

Edited by Scubby

10 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

It was OK, but I really don't like the new look Headingley and it doesn't hold it well. The empty seats are very noticeable.

Putting seats in the South Stand has been a real brain fart imo for this reason more than any and as you say the patchy seats in the North are hard to miss. 

• Like 1

Crowd was decent today. Good following from Warrington, yes the North Stand was patchy but it will be with a third devoted to corporate and seating available in the South Stand too.

Eastern Terrace was busier than it has been in a while, not back to how busy it has been in the past though.

Just now, Leonard said:

Why don't they give the away fans part of the stand opposite the cameras?

or is not a good look to go without fans in the rain in an open end?

I think the block nearest the Western Terrace has been given to the Away teams in the past.

I think a lot of today's miss was corporate -  the centre Carnegie seats in particular were very empty. Whether that sort of stuff is just not happening at usual levels at the moment or if it's just because of the awkward day/kick off we'll see when we get back to Friday nights.

I will say I absolutely hate the new North Stand in conditions like today. Two thirds of the way back and you still get wet and it's a wind tunnel. The South Stand seats are so much better protected, and have more legroom, that I'm tempted to see if it's possible to transfer over there.

Edited by M j M
  • Like 2