Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

2 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Australia isn´t England plus three of NRL´s teams are moving to a new smaller stadium in Sydney so it´s not an oversized box. 

Really,there was talk of a new stadium to be built in Western Sydney with the Bulldogs & Tigers as possible tenants but I thought it had been scrapped.

On 16/02/2022 at 03:00, Eddie said:

At the moment yes, but the downward trajectory hasn’t stopped yet so hopefully they’ll be able to do the before attendances drop below Saints or Wire’s. I would absolutely love to see Wigan and Leeds averaging 15-16k each again, would be great for the game. 

You`d have to think all the T.V. coverage the game is getting, especially if the FTA stuff keeps up and continues to look as good as everyone is reporting, then it will have a positive impact on crowd figures. 

On 15/02/2022 at 16:25, Chrispmartha said:

Leeds were averaging 14-15k steadily but the stadium redevelopment in 2018 meant a drop to 12,500, I think well be back up to 14k-15k again this season Theres not really been a downward trajectory as such because you have to take into account the redevelopment 

The redevelopment of the stadium then Covid straight after. But it’s easy to forget while Leeds attendances are slightly down from the pre development of Headingley days, corporate hospitality attendance is significantly up, bringing in a massive amount of match day revenue.

6 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

The redevelopment of the stadium then Covid straight after. But it’s easy to forget while Leeds attendances are slightly down from the pre development of Headingley days, corporate hospitality attendance is significantly up, bringing in a massive amount of match day revenue.

The corporate hospitality bit is great news, but doesn’t explain or excuse the huge drop (not slight drop) from five or six years ago. 

• Like 1

It shouldn't be a huge surprise that Leeds' crowds have dropped due to being less successful, a building site stadium, a football team on the rise, plus Covid impacts. Their crowds still hold up well, but hopefully with two or three of those things behind us they can start to build again. 

5 hours ago, Eddie said:
5 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

The corporate hospitality bit is great news, but doesn’t explain or excuse the huge drop (not slight drop) from five or six years ago. 

I've seen nothing to suggest that corporate hospitality attendance is "significantly up" at all. The club did sell out its existing corporate areas for big games in the Golden era (which given Headingley has almost never-ending additional corporate bits which can be opened up on the cricket side was already going some). However the main effect of the somewhat increased capacity of the new facilities is to transfer people who used to go in the pavilion and up in the Lewis Jones suite over to the Not Emerald Suite.

Prices went up a lot as well mind you so revenue is probably up.

SL attendances for the weekend. If the weather is going to be as bad as they say it is it could knock a few off, especially travelling fans. 
wire v Cas 10,800

wigan v Leeds 11,500

Hull v Saints 11,400

Huddersfield v HKR 5,800

Catalans v Wakefield 8,000

Salford v Toulouse 3,600. 
these are only guesses, please don’t get annoyed if you don’t like any of the attendances 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Josef K said:

SL attendances for the weekend. If the weather is going to be as bad as they say it is it could knock a few off, especially travelling fans. 
wire v Cas 10,800

wigan v Leeds 11,500

Hull v Saints 11,400

Huddersfield v HKR 5,800

these are only guesses, please don’t get annoyed if you don’t like any of the attendances 

I wouldn't be surprised by those kinds of numbers, but hopefully, them being home openers for these clubs we may see a boost. 

• Like 1

Just now, ShropshireBull said:

Three of those numbers would be worring (Wigan and Hull under 12k for season opener after wins  and Giants less than 6k.

Salford are baked in but they are leaving that box next season so will improve the product. 

I’m thinking of the weather SB, if it’s going to be as bad as they say you wouldn’t want to travelling over the Pennines. I wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t put off some home supporters, if it’s going to lash it down with severe gales. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Three of those numbers would be worring (Wigan and Hull under 12k for season opener after wins  and Giants less than 6k.

Salford are baked in but they are leaving that box next season so will improve the product. 

Strangely I think the opposite, 11,500 would be a win for Wigan. 

Huddersfield I’d be hoping for more, especially with HKR’s travelling support. 

1 hour ago, Josef K said:

wire v Cas 10,800

wigan v Leeds 11,500

Hull v Saints 11,400

Huddersfield v HKR 5,800

Sadly I don’t think the wire one will break the magical 5 figure barrier.