Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

5 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Take away the Cas fans and under 8k Wire fans turned out for their first home game of the season. Pretty hard to dress it up as anything other than disappointing.

Of course, we really should be breaking the 10k for every game imo. 

When we played Cas prior to the pandemic it was a Thursday with 9.3k in. 

Wigan, or the soccer club, have irritatingly blocked off half the away stand. I'm sure if we headed down to the far end or the corners there's loads of room but there doesn't really seem any need to squash most people together in this place right now when it's more than half empty.

9 hours ago, Dave T said:

I notice that kid season tickets no longer give free access to away games, when did that stop? 

Clubs agreed between themselves last season that it was to be paused while crowds were restricted, and then somehow nobody restarted the conversation. It’s a similar story in the Championship, albeit our two away games so far (Featherstone and York) have - commendably - been free entry for all kids, while Bradford likewise do free entry for home games so presumably don’t have any junior season ticket holders. 

24 minutes ago, M j M said:

Wigan, or the soccer club, have irritatingly blocked off half the away stand. I'm sure if we headed down to the far end or the corners there's loads of room but there doesn't really seem any need to squash most people together in this place right now when it's more than half empty.

First dozen rows are empty looking on telly!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I mean let's have it right they didn't have 8k even when they were so that's hardly relevant. Leeds isn't an 'RL town' - football dominates by a considerable distance and then some. 

Yes agreed football is loads bigger but say Leeds Utd’s attendances are 3x Rhino’s, I bet more people from outside Leeds go to watch Utd than the Rhinos so in terms of people from Leeds going to the match it may only be double going to Elland Road compared to Headingley, or 2.5 x at the most? 

• Like 1