Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

7 hours ago, Josef K said:

This is my guess at the SL’s attendances for this week. 

Leeds/Catalans 9700

Wigan/Huddersfield 9,500

HKR/Cas 7,200

Saints/Wakey 8,900

Hull/Salford 11,000

Toulouse/wire 4,800

Leeds tend to get quite good crowds against Catalans tbf

8 hours ago, Josef K said:

This is my guess at the SL’s attendances for this week. 

Leeds/Catalans 9700

Wigan/Huddersfield 9,500

HKR/Cas 7,200

Saints/Wakey 8,900

Hull/Salford 11,000

Toulouse/wire 4,800

I think (and hope) those are very low considering the last two weeks’ crowds. 

Leeds 11k

Wigan 11k

HKR 8.5k

Saints 10.5k

Hull 10.5k

Toulouse 5k (not sure if bars are open now)

11 hours ago, Eddie said:

I think (and hope) those are very low considering the last two weeks’ crowds. 

Leeds 11k

Wigan 11k

HKR 8.5k

Saints 10.5k

Hull 10.5k

Toulouse 5k (not sure if bars are open now)

I know Eddie i was thinking of the freezing weather again. I don’t blame any fans if they don’t turn out, if i didn’t have a season ticket i think id give the Saints game a miss. 

• Like 1

10,200 my mate said was announced. I think that’s pretty positive. We shouldn’t dip too far under that now, even though these next two Thursdays will be a challenge. 

The crowd will be one up on tonight for the next two games anyway🙋‍♂️ (the missus and her southern family have a lot to answer for). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josef K said:

Leeds MOM was the fans, an excellent 10,655 turning up in awful weather. They should all give themselves a pat on the back. 

It was genuinely terrible conditions, i have only been colder once at a rugby game (which was in November), and I had a bit of a beer jacket tonight.

• Like 1

On 23/02/2022 at 07:33, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

So no Salford will not own Moor Lane they will be renting. Salford are not going to take out a 15 year lease on Moor Lane and develop the ground. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

Well this is what I said on the Moor Lane thread having just left the Fans' Forum led by our Managing Director Paul King:

"Due diligence suggests v feasible/affordable. Discussions ongoing with architects/construction sector about increasing capacity to between 6.5k and 8k (can build up, not out) subject to planning permission (PP not expected to be major obstacle, more dependent on what we are quoted for the work)."

Is he deluded? 

On 23/02/2022 at 08:58, Tommygilf said:

Fair enough.

I think you are misreading his point though. He is saying that Salford are unlikely to spend significant sums to renovate the ground if they only have a 15 Year Lease.

I have no idea where any confirmation of a 15 year lease has come from, it certainly wasn't me. 

Again, from the Moor Lane thread shortly after the Fans' Forum:

"Effectively yes (Salford would own the ground) as it would be a long term leasehold (as Salford City have now) between 21 and 100 years with full control over the stadium's commerciality"

On 23/02/2022 at 10:53, theswanmcr said:

Good point on corporates - we always played Friday nights at Willows for this. Of course the AJ Bell is good for these facilities and Ray C may have more idea on hospitality revenues

AFAIK Salford receive nothing from food and beverage/hospitality on top of the price of the match ticket as it is the stadium management company who control hospitality

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray Cashmere said:

AFAIK Salford receive nothing from food and beverage/hospitality on top of the price of the match ticket as it is the stadium management company who control hospitality

Thanks Ray. I did wonder if that might be the case - and that really is rubbish all round.

2 hours ago, Ray Cashmere said:

Well this is what I said on the Moor Lane thread having just left the Fans' Forum led by our Managing Director Paul King:

"Due diligence suggests v feasible/affordable. Discussions ongoing with architects/construction sector about increasing capacity to between 6.5k and 8k (can build up, not out) subject to planning permission (PP not expected to be major obstacle, more dependent on what we are quoted for the work)."

Is he deluded? 

I have no idea where any confirmation of a 15 year lease has come from, it certainly wasn't me. 

Again, from the Moor Lane thread shortly after the Fans' Forum:

"Effectively yes (Salford would own the ground) as it would be a long term leasehold (as Salford City have now) between 21 and 100 years with full control over the stadium's commerciality"

They would not effectively own the ground, they wouldn’t own the ground at all, they would have a lease for the ground as all renters do, Salford will be renting the ground, hence me saying they are not going to spend millions on its development, just as someone renting a house doesn’t pay to build an extension. 

55 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

They would not effectively own the ground, they wouldn’t own the ground at all, they would have a lease for the ground as all renters do, Salford will be renting the ground, hence me saying they are not going to spend millions on its development, just as someone renting a house doesn’t pay to build an extension. 

People don’t usually rent the same house for 25 years though. 

2 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Has any club in the history of any sport ever paid for a ground to be developed/expanded when they do not own the ground? 

Yes. It's happened surprisingly often. To give one obvious example, Moor Lane Salford. Odsal Stadium is another.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1