Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

5 hours ago, EggFace said:

Why don't councils support sports teams and do what's best but I suppose my all the people who I know are high up in Council jobs are complete wits.

Didn’t Salford council invest heavily in the AJ Bell Stadium? At the end of the day the club still needs to pay rent to recoup that money, they can’t just spend council tax payers money to run the club be it Salford or any other club. Salford are opting to move out to move to an inferior cheaper rented stadium. 

6 hours ago, EggFace said:

Why don't councils support sports teams and do what's best but I suppose my all the people who I know are high up in Council jobs are complete wits.

I think you’re barking up the wrong tree if you think Salford have had a lack of financial support from their local council. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EggFace said:

Councils do very much support sports teams - often historically propping up clubs/stadiums, when they wouldn’t for other industries, as they are seen as a source of civic pride.

Fact is councils have had an average 40% reduction in government settlement in the last decade which is billions of pounds reduction. They no longer have funds, unlike say the French regional gives, for any direct financial input.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Didn’t Salford council invest heavily in the AJ Bell Stadium? At the end of the day the club still needs to pay rent to recoup that money, they can’t just spend council tax payers money to run the club be it Salford or any other club. Salford are opting to move out to move to an inferior cheaper rented stadium. 

Go on then I’ll bite…

Salford are not opting to move out - we cannot pay the agreed rent. And We have heard you bang on about Moor Lane being a rented stadium many times.

We are where we are. What would you do now if you were the Salford chairman?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

In 25 years time, they'll bump up the rent to match the expansion.

Without wishing to go into detail, it is a standard part of a commercial property contract for improvements/alterations to a premises to be disregarded in any rent review.

Besides, the landlord will be Salford City Council, just as it is now for Salford City FC. It would not be a comparable  landlord/tenant relationship to Hull, Wigan or Salford @ AJ Bell.

15 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

They would not effectively own the ground

15 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

just as someone renting a house doesn’t pay to build an extension.

We would 'effectively' own the ground, it wouldn't be like someone renting a house. 

Commercial property is not residential property. Given your Super League score predictions have proven more accurate than your understanding of commercial property law I'd suggest not taking this further. 

Edited by Ray Cashmere
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Ray Cashmere said:

Without wishing to go into detail, it is a standard part of a commercial property contract for improvements/alterations to a premises to be disregarded in any rent review.

Besides, the landlord will be Salford City Council, just as it is now for Salford City FC. It would not be a comparable  landlord/tenant relationship to Hull, Wigan or Salford @ AJ Bell.

We would 'effectively' own the ground, it wouldn't be like someone renting a house. 

Commercial property is not residential property. Given your Super League score predictions have proven more accurate than your understanding of commercial property law I'd suggest not taking this further. 

You can repeat it as many times as you like, it will still not make it true. Salford will not effectively own Moor Lane if they are to move there. 

10 hours ago, Eddie said:

10,361 at St Helens last night, not bad. Anyone know HKR’s? 

I thought it was an excellent crowd with around 150/200 Wakey fans who made the trip. I only turned up at my usual spec at about 7.50pm only to find it was packed with Commodores who i have never seen before. You get to know people who stand or sit were you always go, but some of these were new faces. I’m not going to complain though the more people that turn up the better.
I would still go back to a 7.45pm KO, i think the Saints game finished at 9.50pm and a mate who usually brings his little girl said he has stopped bringing her with the KO being later. I don’t know if Saints mentioned anything about why they had gone back to 8pm, ive not seen anything. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Didn’t you used to say they’d average 10k in SL? Or maybe that was some other posters with wild expectations. 

They will get much better crowds in the summer months (union closed season). They will also enjoy more travelling support from May to September with Saints, Leeds, Hull, Catalans at home during the summer

At the moment they are up against the Top 14 RU and Six Nations. France were playing today and are on a bit of a resurgence.

Not forgetting Covid being behind us.

Edited by Scubby
  • Like 2

Just now, Scubby said:

They will get much better crowds in the summer months (union closed season). They will also enjoy more travelling support from May to September with Saints, Leeds, Hull, Catalans at home during the summer

At the moment they are up against the Top 14 RU and Six Nations. France were playing today and are on a bit of a resurgence.

Hopefully they won’t be all but relegated by then. 

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Hopefully they won’t be all but relegated by then. 

I think Castleford and Wakefield will still be in the #### but they do need a couple of wins in the first 10 games to keep morale going. Wakefield and Castleford away are big games in next few weeks.