Just now, Scubby said:
  1. Leeds 10,655
  2. Wigan 10,291
  3. Saints 10361
  4. Hull KR 7119
  5. Hull 10,081
  6. Toulouse 4887

Total 53,404    Average 8901

That doesn't seem bad for a round that wasn't blessed with outstanding fixtures. It'd be nice to see none of those 4 10k clubs drop below that number now. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

That doesn't seem bad for a round that wasn't blessed with outstanding fixtures. It'd be nice to see none of those 4 10k clubs drop below that number now. 

Time for Warrington to up their game. We should have 5 clubs with 10k averages at the end of the season.

28 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Time for Warrington to up their game. We should have 5 clubs with 10k averages at the end of the season.

Agreed. That was a bad opener for Wire. The Cas game isn't always a huge draw and it was a Thursday in weather warnings, but an opener really should be getting 3 to 4k more than it did. 

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Agreed. That was a bad opener for Wire. The Cas game isn't always a huge draw and it was a Thursday in weather warnings, but an opener really should be getting 3 to 4k more than it did. 

Is the Catalans game being used as a offer/promotion opportunity? It has worked for clubs in the past.

Just now, Scubby said:

Is the Catalans game being used as a offer/promotion opportunity? It has worked for clubs in the past.

West Stand is open with adults a fiver and up to four kids for a quid each with an adult ticket. But if our starting point was 8k or so for the opener I worry that 10k could still be a struggle. 

Hopefully they are working hard behind the scenes... 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Leeds v catalans at home has never got great attendances, eg 2014 it was below 8,000 i think

This isn't true, they usually get over 13k, and have only dropped below 13.2k a very small number of times. 

The 2014 game you refer to was an all-pay playoff game. 

The next lowest was over 10k on a Wednesday night. 

All according to rugby league project 

• Like 1

On 26/02/2022 at 05:00, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

They would not effectively own the ground, they wouldn’t own the ground at all, they would have a lease for the ground as all renters do, Salford will be renting the ground, hence me saying they are not going to spend millions on its development, just as someone renting a house doesn’t pay to build an extension. 

Couple quick ones, based on a bit of work history/perspective:

- secure land tenure (ie 25+ years guaranteed lease in this case) does result in significant uplift contributed by the lease holder. This could be renovations, modifications or general preserving of the condition. This is the case for both private residential holdings and commercial property

- in terms of commercial leasing, it’s normal that any modifications/improvements are funded by the tenant, not the landlord.

So, in the case of Salford, they could definitely look to fund improvements if it financially made sense. If they’re able to keep the hospitality sales, food and drink sales, etc then they probably will look to make modest improvements. 

17 minutes ago, Dave T said:

This isn't true, they usually get over 13k, and have only dropped below 13.2k a very small number of times. 

Correct, it's the second-lowest ever crowd for a regular season Leeds-Catalan game.

15 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Didn’t Salford council invest heavily in the AJ Bell Stadium? At the end of the day the club still needs to pay rent to recoup that money, they can’t just spend council tax payers money to run the club be it Salford or any other club. Salford are opting to move out to move to an inferior cheaper rented stadium. 

I know nothing , just saying.

47 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

Sadly, judging from the highlights, the 4887 at Toulouse once again looks dubious. 

What have you seen? I've only watched the tries which don't show the crowd on the camera side. 

The ground looked ~empty at both ends again. The cheap side looked 1/4 full. I couldn't see the expensive seats on the camera side but I did see them for the Huddersfield game and there they looked 1/4 full. It would surprise me if that side had 3k in this time.

I watched this from my settee.

I'm not accusing TO of lying.

I don't have an alternative attendance to give you.

I simply struggle to visualise 4887 in there. I struggled to visualise 5k in there last time. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

The ground looked ~empty at both ends again. The cheap side looked 1/4 full. I couldn't see the expensive seats on the camera side but I did see them for the Huddersfield game and there they looked 1/4 full. It would surprise me if that side had 3k in this time.

I watched this from my settee.

I'm not accusing TO of lying.

I don't have an alternative attendance to give you.

I simply struggle to visualise 4887 in there. I struggled to visualise 5k in there last time. 

Can you also have a go at estimating Huddersfield's crowds by seeing a few tries on TV?

Edited by Scubby
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

So let me get this right, you " struggled " to see 5000 in there last time but you were wrong and there was, and now you`re saying you struggled to see 4887 based on the same evidence. 

Crowd numbers especially when dispersed throughout a stadium can be deceptive, and groups here and there can add up very quickly. 

There was 5049 at the NRLW today and I too was surprised by the figure, but based on past experience I`m not prepared to dispute it. 

The other thing is I don`t care, if it makes the game look good to the casual viewer who may see that figure and be surprised, then there may be a chance they are more likely to go along next time if they think 4887 other people thought it worthwhile.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

... if it makes the game look good to the casual viewer who may see that figure and be surprised, then there may be a chance they are more likely to go along next time if they think 4887 other people thought it worthwhile.

That would be great. I'm hoping that TO can become as big as the Dragons.

12 hours ago, Dave T said:

There’s nothing that i wrote that isn’t true.

Leeds V Cats has always been one of the lowest attended games at Headingley.

The attendance this week wasn’t great and should be better, it was still the highest of the week, don’t get me wrong our attendance figures have dropped, weve had a perfect storm of factors, stadium rebuild, covid, and poor performances.

• Like 1