Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

17 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

There’s nothing that i wrote that isn’t true.

Leeds V Cats has always been one of the lowest attended games at Headingley.

You said it has never got great attendances. It has. It rarely drops below 13k and has had over 15k. They are outstanding attendances and we would do anything for that kind of crowd now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Archie Gordon said:

The ground looked ~empty at both ends again. The cheap side looked 1/4 full. I couldn't see the expensive seats on the camera side but I did see them for the Huddersfield game and there they looked 1/4 full. It would surprise me if that side had 3k in this time.

I watched this from my settee.

I'm not accusing TO of lying.

I don't have an alternative attendance to give you.

I simply struggle to visualise 4887 in there. I struggled to visualise 5k in there last time. 

So youre able to extrapolate the attendance at a ground you've never been to, with zero data on which to base your guess? Wow, what an analyst......and yes i did spell that last word correctly....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Dave T said:

You said it has never got great attendances. It has. It rarely drops below 13k and has had over 15k. They are outstanding attendances and we would do anything for that kind of crowd now. 

And the leeds public would probably do anything to have a team as successful and as good as when we we’re getting those attendances 😉

the great attendance point was in context of attendances at the time.

Leeds have a lot of work to do on and off the field to get back to those types of attendance figures.

One thing that won’t help is we don’t have a home fixture on our preferred Friday night until round 7, if we can pick up the performances on the field I would hope that game against Saints would get a decent crowd

• Like 2

Is that good or bad? I don’t imagine there’s too many more than 500 Broncos STH, so even with a couple of hundred Bulls fans, that’s quite a high percentage of Broncos fans turning out for a cup game after a poor run of results to start the season. 

25 minutes ago, langpark said:

Mick Gledhill said on commentary that the Bradford players were "going across to thank the 400 or so travelling supporters".

Was that just MG living up to his reputation or were there only 150ish home fans there?

13 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

Mick Gledhill said on commentary that the Bradford players were "going across to thank the 400 or so travelling supporters".

Was that just MG living up to his reputation or were there only 150ish home fans there?

Is that a rhetorical question?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

19 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

Not sure, but in this photo, posted by MG himself, which I believe is the away end, does not look like much more than 100 there.

1221 at York vs Newcastle today.

With the game live on YouTube, tickets at full price (albeit with a free cinema ticket), a small (but loyal) away support and York probably putting in their worst half of rugby last week for many a year I thought today would’ve been 600-700 so a very good attendance all round. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

1221 at York vs Newcastle today.

With the game live on YouTube, tickets at full price (albeit with a free cinema ticket), a small (but loyal) away support and York probably putting in their worst half of rugby last week for many a year I thought today would’ve been 600-700 so a very good attendance all round. 

I think that's pretty good for the Cup. We just need a way to make the Cup into a big thing again.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

I think that's pretty good for the Cup. We just need a way to make the Cup into a big thing again.

I’m hoping that having the final at Spurs will boost the crowd this year, will certainly be taking a few down from Norwich for it, 🚂 🍺 ☀️ 

11 hours ago, Jughead said:

Is that good or bad? I don’t imagine there’s too many more than 500 Broncos STH, so even with a couple of hundred Bulls fans, that’s quite a high percentage of Broncos fans turning out for a cup game after a poor run of results to start the season. 

It would be many, many years since the Broncos last had 500 season ticket holders. In fact, I'd be staggered if they have more than 50 at this moment in time.

• Like 1

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

22 hours ago, dkw said:

So youre able to extrapolate the attendance at a ground you've never been to, with zero data on which to base your guess? Wow, what an analyst......and yes i did spell that last word correctly....

If it adds any weight to any argument, we went to Toulouse for the opening game and those who were there all said there is no way there's over 5,000 in that ground, if there was half of them were in the toilets at the same time.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Archie Gordon said:

The ground looked ~empty at both ends again. The cheap side looked 1/4 full. I couldn't see the expensive seats on the camera side but I did see them for the Huddersfield game and there they looked 1/4 full. It would surprise me if that side had 3k in this time.

I watched this from my settee.

I'm not accusing TO of lying.

I don't have an alternative attendance to give you.

I simply struggle to visualise 4887 in there. I struggled to visualise 5k in there last time. 

So you are not accusing them of lying but are stating that they are not telling the truth?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, daz39 said:

If it adds any weight to any argument, we went to Toulouse for the opening game and those who were there all said there is no way there's over 5,000 in that ground, if there was half of them were in the toilets at the same time.

Thats an entirely different situation, thats people in the ground rather than some bloke on his sofa who`s never been to the ground before watching telly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 27/02/2022 at 08:03, Archie Gordon said:

Sadly, judging from the highlights, the 4887 at Toulouse once again looks dubious. 

That seems to indicate that you think they are not telling the truth even though you don’t think they are lying