Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

43 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Shows what York's real low base is now.  Great progress in a few years. I do hope York can sneak through and get one of the big six at home in the cup. 

London move to a perfect stadium with a chance to grow a new fanbase and decide thats the year to gut the squad to League 1 . We all saw it coming sadly. 

While I accept your obsession with York (and Newcastle), 1,200 isn’t a SL low base, or anywhere near it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

Anyone know any of the cup attendances, other than York and London? 

Batley v Navy   1271

Doncaster v Whitehaven. Not given

Halifax v Fev.   1625

Hunslet Club Parkside v Sheffield   450

London v Bradford   551

North Wales v Hunslet   452

Rochdale v Barrow    Not given

Workington v Dewsbury    Not given

York v Newcastle   1221

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I was saying it within the wider context of Shropshire Bull frequently saying York should be given a place in SL. 

The c500 increase in base support over the last few years is a good effort and shows that they are doing something right

1 hour ago, LeeF said:

The c500 increase in base support over the last few years is a good effort and shows that they are doing something right

Absolutely. Once they can treble it they’ll be on a par with Salford and can start to think about being a well supported SL team. 

2 hours ago, johnh1 said:

Batley v Navy   1271

Halifax v Fev.   1625

London v Bradford   551

York v Newcastle   1221

There would have been less than a thousand at Fax if Fev fans weren't included. In fact I would say that over half were Fev fans. Really poor turn out that from Fax. What a shame for them.

6 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Shows what York's real low base is now.  Great progress in a few years. I do hope York can sneak through and get one of the big six at home in the cup. 

It’s nothing amazing but it shows an upward trend. If York can average 2500 this season which I don’t think is impossible then the good work continues although on and off the pitch the club are a long way from being ready for SL, in my opinion.

I just think 80% of the clubs usual home support turning up for a full price all pay cup game is good, I don’t know of any figures but I’m guessing a lot of SL clubs have a lower percentage turning up. 

2021 Average - Unknown, very few crowds given.

2019 Average 2025

2018 Average 1692

2017 Average 1088

2016 Average 592

2015 Average 428

2014 Average 628

2013 Average 735

• Like 6

Looks like Broncos have closed the south stand again, so looks like might struggle to match the Haven gate. Should beat the 550 though, I'd expect about 1K but not much more

Looking more and more that the 2.2K vs Widnes will end up being a one off, and 1K being around the level now.  Not sure how we get close to the 5K Dave H wanted

Also with South Stand closed, that means no fan zone, which was one of the main reasons Broncos moved.

• Sad 3

4 hours ago, Josef K said:

My guess at attendances in the top tier for this weeks fixtures 

wakey/Leeds 5,100

HKR/saints 7,800

wire/Catalans 10.100

Toulouse/Wigan 5,200

Huddersfield/Salford 5,000

cas/hull 7,700

Probably your closest estimate yet Josef and one or two may dip below that sadly. Hope not as there are some great games there.

• Like 1

Just now, Scubby said:

Probably your closest estimate yet Josef and one or two may dip below that sadly. Hope not as there are some great games there.

Will the weather put people off do you think. Also no offence too Wakey but i wouldn’t fancy paying £23 to stand on their flat uncovered terracing. I don’t know how much it would be to sit in their main stand ?. 

On 28/02/2022 at 14:19, johnh1 said:

Batley v Navy   1271

Halifax v Fev.   1625

London v Bradford   551

York v Newcastle   1221

Do Hunsley and Hunslet Parkside play out of the same stadium ?

5 hours ago, Josef K said:

My guess at attendances in the top tier for this weeks fixtures 

wakey/Leeds 5,100

HKR/saints 7,800

wire/Catalans 10.100

Toulouse/Wigan 5,200

Huddersfield/Salford 5,000

cas/hull 7,700

I worry about Wire's crowd. I bought a ticket in the seats behind the sticks today and the block was almost empty. 

Hopefully that's because they are all in the other end where a kid for a quid deal is on. 

Tbh, we don't seem to be doing much, particularly when you look at the way some others are presenting their match day offering. 

37 minutes ago, EggFace said:

Do Hunsley and Hunslet Parkside play out of the same stadium ?

No. But from the highlights I've seen from the weekend, they moved their match against Sheffield to South Leeds Stadium (Hunslet's home ground).

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Barley Mow said:

No. But from the highlights I've seen from the weekend, they moved their match against Sheffield to South Leeds Stadium (Hunslet's home ground).

So 450 must of being Hunslet RFLC fans fans as 450 is great for a amateur side.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Not particularly good figures, but ok given it’s Thursday/Friday nights and the weather isn’t great. 

The Wire attendance doesn’t look too bad for a cold Friday night. I thought there might’ve been a smidgen more at HKR, it’s no good me complaining because i didn’t go the game or even listen to it. I went watching Mark Thomas instead Who actually mentioned RL, as his mate is a Wakey fan. He went a Wakey/Cas game but he didn’t say when. He did say Rugby League and not rugby. He’s a AFC Wimbledon fan, i wonder if he can be persuaded to go and watch the London Broncos. 

• Like 1