Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

Over 16k at a Friday night league game, banging atmosphere and a good game before Saints ran away with it; any passive or non-RL fan who flicked that on would probably have kept watching.

It was such a contrast to games at other clubs (or Saints’ other games) which seem dull in comparison and it’s really set a bar, for Saints and everyone else. I’d love to see more crowds and atmospheres like that at SL games. 

6 hours ago, Josef K said:

The only big complaint i do have is the 8pm KO, they should bring it forward 15mins. I think the hooter went at about 9.45pm. 

That’s probably the shortest duration for a TV game in quite a while. There was another 10 minutes on that in the Leeds game on Thursday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

I don’t know why they stopped putting info like that on the big screen after video ref decisions.

Add in the fact that refs often don't bother with signals to the crowd anymore. They just walk slowly to where they are giving something and wave their hand in the direction of who is getting the ball. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

That’s probably the shortest duration for a TV game in quite a while. There was another 10 minutes on that in the Leeds game on Thursday.

I don’t think there would be many complaints if the Sky games KO at 7.45pm. 

Hull KR have sold out the home match against Wire in 3 weeks already - some clever “bring a friend” marketing to members did its stuff, should be a great atmosphere 

96DA9224-6A25-4CF2-BB70-DB497AC17E7A.jpeg

• Like 15

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

On 12/03/2022 at 13:43, GeordieSaint said:

Biggest club in SL… 

Can you pin that?

(Lose a few and there’ll be wall to wall tumbleweed again of course, but it’s humbling to be living in an era where everything Saints is just so much betterer…) 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Hull KR have sold out the home match against Wire in 3 weeks already - some clever “bring a friend” marketing to members did its stuff, should be a great atmosphere 

Excellent, what's the full capacity?

16 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Out of interest, are they providing any sort of facility for season ticket holders to return their ticket for that game if they are unable to attend and then the club can re-sell it?

16 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Excellent, what's the full capacity?

Just over 10,500 these days, now we’ve mothballed the south end for the Craven Streat food & drinks area.

…not that I’d have ever let my worst enemy buy one of the 1,500 south terrace tickets when we used it anyway, worst view in the league (unless it was a Hull FC match, and wind & rain was forecast 😂)

• Thanks 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

10 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Out of interest, are they providing any sort of facility for season ticket holders to return their ticket for that game if they are unable to attend and then the club can re-sell it?

Don’t think so. Know they’ve held a few tickets back for anyone that wants to buy a season ticket in the meantime, so might be some last minutes ones released a day or so before the match I’d expect. 

13 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

So they’ve given away a shed load of free tickets and not sold the game out at all

Let me fill your glass. It’s obviously half empty.

• Like 8

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

So they’ve given away a shed load of free tickets and not sold the game out at all

Marketing Podcast, coming soon:

In this weeks first instalment, Sir Kev tells us he doesn’t understand how sampling works as a new customer acquisition strategy. Later in the episode he’ll explain how he’s confused about how member retention can be increased by value-add bundles including one “bring a friend for £1” special match per season.

Next week, join us again for Sir Kev’s investigation into how discretionary spend of £15 per head on food, drink and merchandise could create incremental revenue even when tickets are discounted. Watch as he scratches his head, before finally admitting “it’s all a bit complicated this stuff isn’t it, why don’t we just not do anything and hope for the best?”, before shrugging his shoulders and getting the last bus home 

• Like 7
  • Haha 13

8 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Watched on the red button and that number looked creative from the tv

The TV coverage that only showed 3 sides of the ground ?

Barrow really must be doing well if they exaggerate the attendance and pay Workington their share of the gate that didn’t exist.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Marketing Podcast, coming soon:

In this weeks first instalment, Sir Kev tells us he doesn’t understand how sampling works as a new customer acquisition strategy. Later in the episode he’ll explain how he’s confused about how member retention can be increased by value-add bundles including one “bring a friend for £1” special match per season.

Next week, join us again for Sir Kev’s investigation into how discretionary spend of £15 per head on food, drink and merchandise could create incremental revenue even when tickets are discounted. Watch as he scratches his head, before finally admitting “it’s all a bit complicated this stuff isn’t it, why don’t we just not do anything and hope for the best?”, before shrugging his shoulders and getting the last bus home 

Bus ? Don't kid yersen - LIMOUSINE!

Do any other sports argue about crowds like RL fans? In a matter of posts we go from an 1825 crowd looking creative on TV to looking more like 2500.

Barrow have been on a upward trajectory in terms of their crowds and I simply don't think they have reason to lie either way. I'm more than happy to give the club the benefit of the doubt on these things and an attendance does not equate to income so the actual attendance figure is pretty meaningless anyhow. 

• Like 1

Just under 4,000 at the Salford match, i imagine they would’ve been hoping to reach 4,000 but the weather wouldn’t have helped so it was a decent effort.                  Did Wakey give out free tickets for school kids ?, I think they would have got a bigger gate only for the weather.