Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

31 minutes ago, Spidey said:

What have the other clubs done that would be useful for Warrington?

KR, Saints and Cas have focused on the event element and all have seen positive results. 

Wire are one of the few clubs way down on their recent averages. 

I saw more effort for the bonfire night celebration. 

20 minutes ago, Dave T said:

KR, Saints and Cas have focused on the event element and all have seen positive results. 

What made them events though? 

Edited by Spidey

53 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I am surprised by the low crowds at their opening home games, in recent years Warrington have been lauded for their excellent social media presence (not that I’m on Twitter or owt like that so don’t see it myself). 

4 hours ago, Spidey said:

What made them events though? 

I'm not sure of the point you're making. Wire are an outlier with low crowds, they are massively down. 

If they get a big crowd on Sat, great, but I dont see any effort other than cheap tickets

26 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I'm not sure of the point you're making. Wire are an outlier with low crowds, they are massively down. 

If they get a big crowd on Sat, great, but I dont see any effort other than cheap tickets

They’re pushing it on Facebook and presumably other social media platforms. Discounts for families and blue light card holders are nice ideas. 

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

I’m not trying to be awkward. What are the other clubs putting on to make it an event?  You say Warrington aren’t doing enough - what are you expecting from them?

On 15/03/2022 at 13:15, DimmestStar said:

Hull KR's average is going to shoot up with the next 2 home games against Warrington & Hull sold out.mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmcusercontent.com%2F5ef7ce242c8e03422fc4e6450%2Fimages%2F27f8912d-2d91-b103-4869-06318fa8e29b.jpg&t=1647354410&ymreqid=4f4f70bf-2df0-c07e-2f2c-5a00eb019a00&sig=12MKsWgUPmQGNiISvHLJLA--~D

Well it is worth asking HOW literally certain clubs are building attendance.

The above is clear enough. The KR management must have worked out or gambled that gaining X amount extra supporters at £1 per family i(plus all the food, drink, merchandise plus) is going to be more (short term and long term) in the X account who would attend from that dynamic ordinarily.

I am curious to know if this is sustainable and not a Bullmaniac moment before the precipice.

I heard the Wires had a gaggle of kids in the way end. And what have Cas being up to?

Personally I think increasing attendance is a Priority ambition. 

What I would like is a costed jointly supported and enacted policy of co-ordination such as the obvious successful KR version.

Why not?

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I’m not trying to be awkward. What are the other clubs putting on to make it an event?  You say Warrington aren’t doing enough - what are you expecting from them?

There has been a combination of pushing food and drink, light shows, ticket offers, theme nights (Tonga support at Saints). 

I'm finally in a position where I can go to Wire games and I've been underwhelmed. Rubbish food and drink, lacklustre events, basically no effort. We got just over 9k vs Catalans with kids for a quid and adults at a fiver. We've gone dirt cheap again this week (which I'll benefit from, great), but look at the social media and online presence, it's really basic - "there's a game on, here's an offer, please come". 

But tbh, it doesn't matter whether I can list things they should or shouldn't be doing, we are massively under-performing versus our competitors and our recent history. 

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

There has been a combination of pushing food and drink, light shows, ticket offers, theme nights (Tonga support at Saints). 

I'm finally in a position where I can go to Wire games and I've been underwhelmed. Rubbish food and drink, lacklustre events, basically no effort. We got just over 9k vs Catalans with kids for a quid and adults at a fiver. We've gone dirt cheap again this week (which I'll benefit from, great), but look at the social media and online presence, it's really basic - "there's a game on, here's an offer, please come". 

But tbh, it doesn't matter whether I can list things they should or shouldn't be doing, we are massively under-performing versus our competitors and our recent history. 

First and foremost they need to perform on the field, but for the other stuff you’ve listed o don’t think they’re miles behind everybody. If you look back to when that stadium opened the options in the south stand have increased. Things like what Hull KR have done with their “street end” will get an initial boost as it’s all new, maintaining it is the tricky bit, especially with a bad run of games, such is sport

43 minutes ago, Spidey said:

First and foremost they need to perform on the field, but for the other stuff you’ve listed o don’t think they’re miles behind everybody. If you look back to when that stadium opened the options in the south stand have increased. Things like what Hull KR have done with their “street end” will get an initial boost as it’s all new, maintaining it is the tricky bit, especially with a bad run of games, such is sport

The opener was a worry. We have a new coach and some enthusiasm around the team. It was way down on previous opener. We won our first three games. 

The next game they went for cheap tickets but still a few thousand down on what they would normally get. 

I worry this Saturday will be the same, but I hope I'm wrong. 

It feels like a real basic attitude to promotion at the moment, nothing more than a standard preview and ticket offer. 

The outcomes support my perception. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Dave T said:

The opener was a worry. We have a new coach and some enthusiasm around the team. It was way down on previous opener. We won our first three games. 

The next game they went for cheap tickets but still a few thousand down on what they would normally get. 

I worry this Saturday will be the same, but I hope I'm wrong. 

It feels like a real basic attitude to promotion at the moment, nothing more than a standard preview and ticket offer. 

The outcomes support my perception. 

Why is the promo so downbeat? I thought they were the games innovators. 

8 minutes ago, fevtom said:

10,042 announced at Wigan. 

Have to say I thought it was going to be lower than that, with one stand empty the rest have to be more than half full to go over 10k.

Me too.

Although if Wigan have 7-8k season ticket holders they may be counted regardless. That is not uncommon in sport. Arsenal do it all the time.

16 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Why is the promo so downbeat? I thought they were the games innovators. 

It's not unusual for is to almost go through the motions with some games, the likes of Wakey would probably be one of them normally. But things like the home opener would be a big ticket game and it wasn't. The Catalans game was also a lesser event than usual. 

I don't think we have created any kind of buzz around the club, which is a shame as we have a new coach and are looking to be entertaining again. 

It's my personal preference but, I accept that, but the branding and promotion is all a bit dour, players looking serious and moody - it doesn't really scream fun. They are pushing families with cheap tickets, but why should families go other than its cheap? Tell me why I should bring my family. Where's Wolfie in all this promo (literally the only thing my 5 year old cares about!). 

That said, we do have cheap family tickets (it'll cost me £25 instead of £60 on Saturday), Wakey are doing £1 coaches, and there did seem to be a tie in with a uni partner for a student day out, with DJs etc. although that seems to have been deleted and never mentioned again. So hopefully there is stuff going on that will see us break 10k.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Scubby said:

Me too.

Although if Wigan have 7-8k season ticket holders they may be counted regardless. That is not uncommon in sport. Arsenal do it all the time.

It is urban legend in Shock City, that when Peter Swales was in charge of MCFC, he keenly added every STH, LMTB, at all to every match in the 1980s/90s to float the sky blues miserable crowds. In the days when you could just roll in at 230pm and pay on the door, my kid brother and me used to go to Maine Road and scratch our heads that the official attendance did not look anything near the real one.

These days, the contemporary legend is the current owners hold a couple of thousand season tickets that aren't sold for yer Brentfords home and just add them on. Not my opinion, just the rumour.

I am told SRD do not count the match day numbers or the STHs in or out.. First the Stadium is run by someone else (a whole thread on its own) and its them who count the number of heads in and out only.

Got to say that the numbers wouldn't suddenly jump dramatically if they did count all STH irrespective iif in or out. (before some wag jumps in) but it would be  moderately swell the figures.

By the way I am taking two newbies tonight. 

Edited by idrewthehaggis
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

It is urban legend in Shock City, that when Peter Swales was in charge of MCFC, he keenly added every STH, LMTB, at all to every match in the 1980s/90s to float the sky blues miserable crowds. In the days when you could just roll in at 230pm and pay on the door, my kid brother and me used to go to Maine Road and scratch our heads that the official attendance did not look anything near the real one.

These days, the contemporary legend is the current owners hold a couple of thousand season tickets that aren't sold for yer Brentfords home and just add them on. Not my opinion, just the rumour.

I am told SRD do not count the match day numbers or the STHs in or out.. First the Stadium is run by someone else (a whole thread on its own) and its them who count the number of heads in and out only.

Got to say that the numbers wouldn't suddenly jump dramatically if they did count all STH irrespective iif in or out. (before some wag jumps in) but it would be  moderately swell the figures.

Hope they enjoy it mate. Two points there for the taking tonight! 😉 

Edited by Scubby
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Looks like there’ll be another beast of a crowd at Saints on Good Friday. It’s to see them, Hull KR and Cas growing their home attendances, though on the flip side the rate at which Leeds and Wigan are haemorrhaging fans is a massive concern. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10166457909425475&id=324255640474&m_entstream_source=timeline

First Good Friday games with a full capacity for, what, three years? Saints v Wigan and FC v KR should be close to a full house. 

Just now, Jughead said:

First Good Friday games with a full capacity for, what, three years? Saints v Wigan and FC v KR should be close to a full house. 

Great isn’t it, there seems to be such a buzz about Hull KR too.

I do wonder if Wigan or Leeds’ boards are even bothered about their decline in attendances, the stadium rebuild excuse at Leeds has worn thin and there seems to be fewer people at Wigan every time I see them on tv. To me they’re the biggest two clubs and they should be leading the way with 14k+ averages. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fevtom said:

10,042 announced at Wigan. 

Have to say I thought it was going to be lower than that, with one stand empty the rest have to be more than half full to go over 10k.

Compares to 10,058 (I presume they counted the same way then) in the most recent completely unaffected season. A Saturday in April 2019.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

What's LMTB?

Sorry, I'm not up with the acronym way of reading and writing.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, meast said:

What's LMTB?

Sorry, I'm not up with the acronym way of reading and writing.

I know it stands for Logarithmic mean temperature difference, but can’t confirm whatever that’s what’s meant here.