Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Looks like there’ll be another beast of a crowd at Saints on Good Friday. It’s to see them, Hull KR and Cas growing their home attendances, though on the flip side the rate at which Leeds and Wigan are haemorrhaging fans is a massive concern. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10166457909425475&id=324255640474&m_entstream_source=timeline

There really is a feel good factor at Saints at the moment, let’s hope it carries on all season. Hopefully the club have got things planned for 2023 to try and keep the fans turning up. Winning the GF would be a huge help. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

What's one of those?

LMTB League Match Ticket Book

Not sure myself,  but looking at FC Barcelona website they're offering a season ticket for all home matches in all competitions, and a League Season ticket for league games only. This may be what a LMTB is, league games only. 

3 hours ago, Josef K said:

There really is a feel good factor at Saints at the moment, let’s hope it carries on all season. Hopefully the club have got things planned for 2023 to try and keep the fans turning up. Winning the GF would be a huge help. 

I think that losing the GF would help. It would mean that they will have an ambition the following year to do better than this. Anyway, it's time someone else won it.

4 hours ago, HawkMan said:

LMTB League Match Ticket Book

Not sure myself,  but looking at FC Barcelona website they're offering a season ticket for all home matches in all competitions, and a League Season ticket for league games only. This may be what a LMTB is, league games only. 

A season ticket then?

19 minutes ago, meast said:

A season ticket then?

LMTB’s were slightly different as they didn’t offer priority on cup games, away tickets and the like. A precursor to the modern equivalent of different membership levels.

I think.  

2 hours ago, johnh1 said:

I think that losing the GF would help. It would mean that they will have an ambition the following year to do better than this. Anyway, it's time someone else won it.

Agreed, I’m a Saints fan (though more of a fan of the game in general) but think the GF needs a different winner this year so fans of other teams don’t switch off. 

8 hours ago, meast said:

What's LMTB?

Sorry, I'm not up with the acronym way of reading and writing.

Sorry it is a League Match Ticket Book. I apology. 

Anyone want explain to me how say the Hull FC Membership scheme is different from a season ticket? Is it different or just an alternative name or does it give extra advantages for the supporter? 

Hearing your feedback @Dave T on promotion for Wire matches is a little depressing.

I can’t say that the RL boffins in Aus are much better. It really irritates me to know that the 2022 season opening round was a record round for viewership of any other round, ever, yet, the only club that could crack 20k were Brisbane, who themselves had a pretty poor 32k turnout for a season opener against a big draw like Souths.

Watching the Warriors V Cas game, if there were 10k fans there, then maybe I can expect the real Easter Bunny to make an appearance this year.

I’m not sure if it is the same in the SL, but I definitely think the NRL clubs rest on the laurels because they get such a high share of television revenue. A truly mindless attitude to earning an income and delivering entertainment that grows the number of financially committed supporters.

I get panned on here because I am a fan of more than one sport. One such sport I follow opened their season this weekend and have delivered crowds of 40k, 72k and 58k in its first three games. Funnily enough, I think those two smaller crowd numbers are low. There may well be a stadium 75% crowd limit that limited the 40k crowd from being nearer the 50k mark. The membership and attendance culture within this sport are unrivalled in Australia.

Back to SL, I feel like the game is not focused on attendances at all. With the exception of a few clubs. Fixtures on at the same time. Thursday nights. Most others on a Friday night. I expect Wigan to draw no less than 15k for a home game all season.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

32,000 at Brisbane = poor

5000 at Salford = great attendance 

Leeds are always the best supported Super League club yet their attendances are often labelled poor on here, just as the best supported NRL club in Brisbane, with an incredible 32,000 attendance is labelled poor. That’s the logic on this forum. 

5k probably is good for Salford. As far as I am concerned, it’s not good enough for SL.

I concede, there may have been capacity restrictions in Brisbane, so whilst in normal circumstances, 32k for a season opener is poor, there may have been a better reason for the low crowd other than complacency.

The logic that 32k being poor for Brisbane yet 5k being good for Salford is what Albert would refer to as relative.

31 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Leeds are always the best supported Super League club yet their attendances are often labelled poor on here, just as the best supported NRL club in Brisbane, with an incredible 32,000 attendance is labelled poor. That’s the logic on this forum. 

That’s like comparing premier league and welsh football attendances though, if Man Utd got 59k it would be very poor but if Rhyl got 2k it would be superb. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Rather than comment on the game itself and another Leeds loss we should, of course, focus on and criticise Salford’s attendance.

That’s the logic of Sir Kev on this forum.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Great that Salford worked hard to fill seats , and for once it paid off with decent weather and a good entertaing game and most importantly a WIN , but they must follow this up , one off initiatives only work if the information and contacts gained are used long term  , I genuinely hope they do 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, theswanmcr said:

Rather than comment on the game itself and another Leeds loss we should, of course, focus on and criticise Salford’s attendance.

That’s the logic of Sir Kev on this forum.

In fairness, this is the attendance thread. Sir Kev has opened a thread on Agar's position and commented on the match thread.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

It's all relative though?

As someone has pointed out, It's like comparing an English Premier league clubs' crowds with that of a Welsh Premier league club.

What's the point?

Edited by meast
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I don't think anyone said 32000 for Brisbane was poor - it was posted on an other thread to show how amazing the NRL is compared to SL.

On the same weekend Saints go a crowd bigger than just about every NRL game - but SL is still poor. Cats got 31500 crowd 3 years ago but I bet all the NRL fans were saying how amazing SL is.

5700 for Salford is a great crowd- its because most RL fans on here want them to do well so a crowd like that is a great step forward.

• Like 2

Salford’s crowd was fine. Everything is relative. They have put together a very exciting side, and the more people that see it the better. I think SL crowds are holding up fine. Neither brilliant nor disastrous. 

Meanwhile, I am really looking for the Aussie Rules “guy” to post his AFL World Cup crowd figures so we can do a compare and contrast. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Salford’s crowd was fine. Everything is relative. They have put together a very exciting side, and the more people that see it the better. I think SL crowds are holding up fine. Neither brilliant nor disastrous. 

Meanwhile, I am really looking for the Aussie Rules “guy” to post his AFL World Cup crowd figures so we can do a compare and contrast. 

take a break EW, you don’t have to be one all the time.

https://www.austadiums.com/sport/australian-football/results

As you are so obsessed, there’s a link to show you the AFL crowds this year. Swans pulling bigger crowd than any Sydney NRL game this year is a concern. Except that it’s the norm. Their 25k is the Sydney benchmark so far and not a very high one. How long do you think until an NRL game in Sydney draws more?

Back to RL, it was great to see the Sharks back playing at home. Good turnout considering the restrictions due to the development. The atmosphere more resembled some of the great SL matches I’ve attended. Prime Minister was there in support of the win as well. Good to see.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

take a break EW, you don’t have to be one all the time.

https://www.austadiums.com/sport/australian-football/results

As you are so obsessed, there’s a link to show you the AFL crowds this year. Swans pulling bigger crowd than any Sydney NRL game this year is a concern. Except that it’s the norm. Their 25k is the Sydney benchmark so far and not a very high one. How long do you think until an NRL game in Sydney draws more?

Back to RL, it was great to see the Sharks back playing at home. Good turnout considering the restrictions due to the development. The atmosphere more resembled some of the great SL matches I’ve attended. Prime Minister was there in support of the win as well. Good to see.

Not sure what the AFL has todo with it, we may as well compair, SL, NRL and AFL to the English Premier League football attendances- pointless comparing different sports.

Edited by Mr Frisky

8.1k at Wire. 

Lowest of the year despite heavily discounted tickets. 

A lacklustre event, my daughter disappointed as Wolfie nowhere to be seen. Maybe he thought it was a 3pm kick off. Either way, seems odd when the focus of today was family tickets. 

That said, I personally enjoyed sitting out in the sun having a couple of beers with family and friend. 

I expect 4kish in the cup next week. 

• Like 1