Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

29 minutes ago, Josef K said:

What was the official attendance at Catalans ?.Ā 

I guess very few away fans. Also Toulouse being at home means a lot of the diehard treizistes from Aude, Tarn etc. have an alternative. Lot of criticism in France about the decision to play at 8:30 on a Friday night too.

Edited by JonM
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

Except for the Wigan end which I'm sure will go. Great news though - shame Saints can't get 20k+ in.Ā 

If they could theyā€™d then get grief on this forum for their ground looking empty when they only have 11k at a game.Ā 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, welshmagpie said:

Absolutely fantastic work. Well done Salford. However, I am curious as to the Bristol link. Does anybody know more about that?

That also struck me as odd / impressive. How they managed to get all those kids to come up from Bristol on a Friday night.

13 hours ago, langpark said:

That also struck me as odd / impressive. How they managed to get all those kids to come up from Bristol on a Friday night.

By bus I imagine.Ā 

• Haha 1

"There has never been a Challenge Cup semifinal of 65,000 either individually or combined" - Damien

16 hours ago, langpark said:

I found it odd that they had to go all the way to Bristol to find a school interested in attending.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, fevtom said:

Anyone got the championship attendances from the League Express?

Looks like my usual shop has stopped stocking it so iā€™ll have to start ordering it direct.

Barrow v London 1979

Batley v Fev 1582

Dewsbury v Newcastle 786

Haven v Sheffield 1239

Worky v Bradford not given

York v Widnes 2156

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cw25 said:

Barrow v London 1979

Batley v Fev 1582

Dewsbury v Newcastle 786

Haven v Sheffield 1239

Worky v Bradford not given

York v Widnes 2156

Brilliant thanks!

Disappointing that Workington look to have stopped giving theirs.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, fevtom said:

Brilliant thanks!

Disappointing that Workington look to have stopped giving theirs.

Bradford v Leigh last week, Also not given

London Skolars 52-18 British Army. Friendly at the Artillery. Crowd 525.Ā 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Just over 2,000 , things just seem to be ' stalling ' at Fax šŸ™

2k is ok for them isnā€™t it? Especially after their woeful start to the season, and itā€™s on a par with Halifax Townā€™s attendances.Ā 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

2k is ok for them isnā€™t it? Especially after their woeful start to the season, and itā€™s on a par with Halifax Townā€™s attendances.Ā 

It used to be betterĀ 

Halifaxā€™s average attendance in 2019, the last year without any restrictions/suspensions of season etc, was 1,761. To get a crowd of 2,202 on a Monday night for a televised game is a very good attendance. The same game in 2019 on a Sunday pulled in 2,245.Ā 

Edited by Jughead
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Monday night as well, not great for younger kids.Ā 

It's just a general opinion on where Fax used to be , maybe a decade ago , they seemed to be getting better crowds and the place had a different feel to it , again plenty of work went into getting the stand finished and it was hoped that would help them kick on , maybe winning the Championship when promotion wasn't the reward has dented that vibrancy , all IMOĀ 

Fax unlike most other clubs when moving grounds in the 90's found crowds at the Shay were well down on Thrum Hall.

Despite finishing 3rd in SL attendances were way short of the late 80's early 90's era.

Financial problems and subsequent relegation meant a different club and the last 20 years has seen them mainly as one of the best part time teams in the Championship with crowds of around 2,000.

Sharing the ground the football team get similar attendances and are punching above their weight against teams with far bigger resources.

Can't see this changing much unless a money man is around the corner.

3G pitches have no place in RL SB.

Monday night was a Ā£10 admission deal, so half the income in real terms and either the crowd was sheeite or Monday nights are not attractive - certainly not for Leigh fans who have now had to travel to Yorkshire 3 times on a Monday night so far, not helping the habit to return after covid and the SL experience

Ā 

Ā 

8 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

They definitely have a place if we want clubs to be financially sustainable, grow the sport at grassroots and add value to the areas the clubs are based.Ā 

Agreed, clubs need to get as much use out of their facilities as possible. Personally think that sports hubs are the way forward, creating somewhere for the community and having an artificial pitch helps this.Ā 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

They definitely have a place if we want clubs to be financially sustainable, grow the sport at grassroots and add value to the areas the clubs are based.Ā 

They do if they are put on a car park or training pitch,not in a stadium.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

They do if they are put on a car park or training pitch,not in a stadium.

Quite. It's bonkers that people are suggesting we should compromise player welfare and our core product, professional Rugby League, for this.

Stick them on training pitches, not the middle of a pro sports stadium.

• Like 4

On 21/03/2022 at 13:25, Eddie said:

Things not going quite so well for the away sales. On sale this morning (what have they been waiting for?) and comments suggest it is hard going.

Ā 

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, Ā£7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a Ā£2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.