Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

Great crowd at Cas as well, it looks like Radford is getting the player jelling now.

A mate sent me a photo of what a couple of Wire fans had put on Twitter aimed at Charnley, it wasn’t very nice. I know people will apologise and say “it was the heat of the moment”, but the best thing to do is take a step back and take a deep breath. i imagine they are loyal fans to travel all that way on a v cold Friday night but those type of comments shouldn’t be put on social media for everyone to see. 

9 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Several thousand free tickets 

“Tell me you know nothing about marketing without telling me you know nothing about marketing” 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

16 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

People are obviously happy to accept free tickets but won’t necessarily show up on the night 

Please stop telling lies about free tickets.

Hey Kev season ticket holders have reserved places whether they turn up or not but Craven Park was packed to the rafters apart from the away section and it was a quite brilliant atmosphere.

But hey it's everyone pays full price for our next home Super League game and there's now just 400 tickets left. It can't be much fun watching Leeds Rhinoceros at the moment so why not grab yourself a ticket while they are still available.

• Like 2

Well done HKR , filling a stadium no matter how you do it can be self serving in creating an inviroment that people then want to go back to again , I'll get shot down for this , but that's why a decent vocal away following can work as well , create the atmosphere , a shared emotion 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Well done HKR , filling a stadium no matter how you do it can be self serving in creating an inviroment that people then want to go back to again , I'll get shot down for this , but that's why a decent vocal away following can work as well , create the atmosphere , a shared emotion 

A good away support absolutely makes a match better, home games with no away fans are damp squibs  

9 hours ago, yipyee said:

Leeds only allocated 1500 to saints, shooting themselves in the foot there, is that the capacity of the derelict stand they force away fans into?

No, not even half the capacity of the away end. St Helens were also allocated seats in the North Stand.

But I have no idea what "shooting themselves in the foot" means, or what you think it means.

Very few away ticket allocations in SL are fixed and they are often decided in consultation with the away team - i.e. how many do you think you will sell. If the away team thinks they are going to sell out their allocation the conventional thing is to ask the home club for more tickets. If that didn't happen then St Helens have an administration problem.

Edited by M j M

3 hours ago, M j M said:

No, not even half the capacity of the away club. St Helens were also allocated seats in the North Stand.

But I have no idea what "shooting themselves in the foot" means, or what you think it means.

Very few away ticket allocations in SL are fixed and they are often decided in consultation with the away team - i.e. how many do you think you will sell. If the away team thinks they are going to sell out their allocation the conventional thing is to ask the home club for more tickets. If that didn't happen then St Helens have an administration problem.

I think Saints sold 1,800 in all with a few more paying at the gate(or using a debit card). How much are seating tickets in the North Stand MJM, if i ever go to Leeds again i might be tempted to take a sit down. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, M j M said:

No, not even half the capacity of the away club. St Helens were also allocated seats in the North Stand.

Just mean lack of revenue.

Away fans tend to want to stick together in one end but its good that some who don't want to or can't stand all game have a sit down option.

Surprised it ended up 14k great showing from the Leeds faithful during a period of uncertainty.

8 hours ago, yipyee said:

Leeds only allocated 1500 to saints, shooting themselves in the foot there, is that the capacity of the derelict stand they force away fans into?

5 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Just mean lack of revenue.

Away fans tend to want to stick together in one end but its good that some who don't want to or can't stand all game have a sit down option.

Surprised it ended up 14k great showing from the Leeds faithful during a period of uncertainty.

So they didn’t shoot themselves in the foot and No away fans were “forced” to do anything.

2 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

So they didn’t shoot themselves in the foot and No away fans were “forced” to do anything.

Calm down amigo..

Away fans want to stay together, bit poor on Leeds to house the away fans in early 20th century conditions but hey ho its the same for all visiting clubs.

I was enquiring the capacity of this dodgy stand and were Leeds limiting themselves ie shooting themselves in the foot.

The away end looked full and if its 3500ish that end can fit in then maybe there were several pay on the gate.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Josef K said:

I think Saints sold 1,800 in all with a few more paying at the gate(or using a debit card). How much are seating tickets in the North Stand MJM, if i ever go to Leeds again i might be tempted to take a sit down. 

Adult is £32 if bought in advance. Away fans are allocated Section A which is adjacent to the Western Terrace.

It was a good following from Saints on Friday, the terrace looked around half full. The official capacity is exactly 4,000 so maybe 2,000 fans. Perhaps a bit less as some Leeds fans do stand there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Anyone know any of today’s Championship or L1 attendances? Not sure if I can wait until League Express arrives. 

You won't find any on Twitter. Why, I don't know. In between informing us when the coach farts, clubs ought to be able to tweet the day's attendance. How difficult can it be?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hopping Mad said:

I was at Keighley. Attendance announced as 863.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Anyone know any of today’s Championship or L1 attendances? Not sure if I can wait until League Express arrives. 

Not official and merely a guess but I’d say around 400-450 at Hurricanes. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Hopping Mad said:

You won't find any on Twitter. Why, I don't know. In between informing us when the coach farts, clubs ought to be able to tweet the day's attendance. How difficult can it be?

It’s similar with the radio, countless times I’ve been listening to Radio Leeds and you can hear the crowd announcement in the background but the commentator is waffling over the top....just stop, breathe for 5 seconds and let us statfans get our fix! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hopping Mad said:

1,438 at Wire v Saints in the women's Challenge Cup.

As reported by Wire on Twitter.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.