Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

10 hours ago, Eddie said:

Expect a load of sarcasm but welcome to the forum, and it’s great to hear you’re enjoying rugby league 👍.   I’d have thought about 50 these days, used to be a fair bit more. 

Indeed , anybody and everybody is welcome , my opinion on fans who travel distance to support their team is well known on here 

12 hours ago, London Balham Bronco said:

I am new to this forum and rugby league in general but really enjoying following it already. Taking in Leigh v London next sunday and have tickets for the Broncos section. Just a query what sort of away supporter numbers would London normally take to this and to expect there next week?

Hope you enjoy the trip , you will be welcome at the LSV as is everybody , I applaud anybody that pays to watch the sport , especially those that travel distance to do so 👏

49 minutes ago, Josef K said:

What sort of attendances are clubs hoping for tomorrow, id go for. 
Cas/Leeds 8,500. Huddersfield/Saints 7,000. Salford/Catalans 3,500. Toulouse/HKR 5,000. Wigan/Wakey 11,500. Hull/Wire 11,000. 

I think you can add 1500 onto the Cas figure and deduct 1500 from the Huddersfield figure. Cas have had some big crowds this season, even the 7067 they got against Toulouse was pretty good. 

• Like 2

On 14/04/2022 at 22:17, Tommygilf said:

Its a near enough 3 hour drive each way. Utter stupidity to arrange this for a Thursday.

It is being described as a 'Derby' match Tommy? It's no more a Derby than the Aberdeen Sliders v Birmingham Sweepers in the UK Curling comp.

PS sorry for the late reply.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

It is being described as a 'Derby' match Tommy? It's no more a Derby than the Aberdeen Sliders v Birmingham Sweepers in the UK Curling comp.

PS sorry for the late reply.

It is a Derby in the sense that it is the two teams from France in the competition.

On 16/04/2022 at 11:25, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

50% of Leeds home games so far have been Thursday night games. Our next 3 home games are all on our preferred Friday night, our average will start to improve with this.

Saints have only had a single Thursday home game and had local derby’s at home against Wigan and Warrington already. Saints average will start to fall as the season goes on.. Leeds are still the best supported club in Super League and will end the season with the best average across Super League.

That should be a given Kev with a population of 800K, at the present rate only 1 in every 66 of Leeds folk actually go, whereas in Castleford 1 in every 5 support their local team, so which is the more popular in respect of percentages.

22 hours ago, Dave T said:

I'm not sure I follow? 

Surely if I'm buying a draught beer the landlord can't just water it down like Cordial however they want? 

Carlsberg is often sold, and that is 3.8% in this country, so weak as owt anyway. 

Now you worry me Dave, in the same post you say both Draught Beer and Carlsberg as though they have some connection? how anyone sups that amber stuff full of bubbles is one of the world's conundrums, like "why do men have nipples"

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Just Browny said:

I have no idea why people get so angry about a little kid in a car.

The first time it's funny, but then gets totally tedious, just like the brain deads who think that a decision taken nigh on 60 years ago by Dr Beecham to close the railway line through Leigh still carries some form of wit.

30 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

It is a Derby in the sense that it is the two teams from France in the competition.

It's not a Derby in what ever way anyone wants to describe it. In your reckoning Tommy if the French teams had been in Dunkirk and Marseille it would still be a Derby?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

It's not a Derby in what ever way anyone wants to describe it. In your reckoning Tommy if the French teams had been in Dunkirk and Marseille it would still be a Derby?

Steady on Harry, people on this forum will be debating the merits of a SL team in Dunkirk next. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

The first time it's funny, but then gets totally tedious, just like the brain deads who think that a decision taken nigh on 60 years ago by Dr Beecham to close the railway line through Leigh still carries some form of wit.

Tbf to Beeching he didn’t make the decision to close the railways, he often gets slated for that but he just wrote the report. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Damien said:

When Wigan were at home and Hull FC were at home. That's a 13k swing there.

The better comparison would be to 2018, when Hull KR and St Helens were last at home at Easter.

In 2018, 59,137 attended the round of fixtures.  That compares to 62,529 this in 2022 and does not account for the fact that Hull KR's capacity is now reduced by almost 2,000.

Edited by Chris22
  • Like 5

57 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

That should be a given Kev with a population of 800K, at the present rate only 1 in every 66 of Leeds folk actually go, whereas in Castleford 1 in every 5 support their local team, so which is the more popular in respect of percentages.

On 16/04/2022 at 10:03, fevtom said:

This rounds attendances:

St Helens v Wigan - 17,980

Leeds v Huddersfield - 11,286

Hull KR v Hull FC - 10,300

Catalans v Toulouse - 8,922

Warrington v Salford - 8,486

Wakefield v Castleford - 5,557

Updated Season Averages

St Helens 14392
Leeds Rhinos 12342
Hull FC 11145
Wigan Warriors 10622
Castleford Tigers 9213
Hull Kingston Rovers 8758
Warrington Wolves 8603
Catalans Dragons 7702
Toulouse Olympique 5290
Huddersfield Giants 5247
Wakefield Trinity 5093
Salford Red Devils 4570

Wakefield probably have the best attendance of the round using your bizarre logic Harry. Population size is irrelevant, the only thing that matters is the number of paying customers through the turnstiles and how much revenue they bring in to the club. 

1 hour ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

On a statistical note - attendances on Good Friday 2019 were 79173, this year 62529.

The hull and Saints /wigan Derby where they at the same venue or at wigan and Hull, that its self can add 17k to the total. 

1 hour ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

On a statistical note - attendances on Good Friday 2019 were 79173, this year 62529.

Hull Derby 20k

Wigan/Saints 22k

LEEDS 13K

Warrington 11k

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Wakefield probably have the best attendance of the round using your bizarre logic Harry. Population size is irrelevant, the only thing that matters is the number of paying customers through the turnstiles and how much revenue they bring in to the club. 

Yes off course that matters Kev, but just think if even one more in 66 of the Leeds pop. were in the least slightly bit interested in the Rhino's the average attendance would be 24,000, 

Pretty poor marketing of the club that the ratio should be do low.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes off course that matters Kev, but just think if even one more in 66 of the Leeds pop. were in the least slightly bit interested in the Rhino's the average attendance would be 24,000, 

Pretty poor marketing of the club that the ratio should be do low.

@Sir Kevin Sinfieldno need to be confused, just tell me what you are struggling with that Leeds cannot tap into more than 1 in 66 of the population of the city and I will explain it to you.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Tbf to Beeching he didn’t make the decision to close the railways, he often gets slated for that but he just wrote the report. 

And little did he know that 60 years later he would be providing mirth to myriads of RL fans the length and breadth of Britain 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1