Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

1 minute ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

It’s well known this is their cup final and Leeds always travel in big numbers to Cas

Nice that they won their cup final then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

There does (finally) seem to be some movement away from the ridiculous idea that playing twice over Easter is a good thing.

The RL media need to take their share of the blame for banging on about traditions in previous years though.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

There does (finally) seem to be some movement away from the ridiculous idea that playing twice over Easter is a good thing.

The RL media need to take their share of the blame for banging on about traditions in previous years though.

It's not like they wouldn't have enough fixtures to cover the whole weekend live schedule either. Just play 2 or 3 games each day and it covers the 5 days from Thursday to Monday  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Damien said:

Interesting tweet by Ryan Hall. As Easter Monday crowds are usually poor with low standard games it beggars belief that the game perseveres with these games:

Yep absolutely crazy. Could easily just do one round with two games Good Friday, two games Saturday and two games Easter Monday. Stagger them for TV, five on Sky like now, one on C4. Easy peasy.

As it is I imagine next week's attendances will suffer too once all the weakened match day squads are announced.

• Like 1

Just now, Moove said:

Yep absolutely crazy. Could easily just do one round with two games Good Friday, two games Saturday and two games Easter Monday. Stagger them for TV, five on Sky like now, one on C4. Easy peasy.

As it is I imagine next week's attendances will suffer too once all the weakened match day squads are announced.

This is what happens each season, the knock on from Easter fixtures is felt for 2 or 3 games.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Moove said:

Indeed, it would be fairly simple to do this.

The 2nd Easter game seems to have no real benefit and as I have already said in terms of attendances is usually a poorly attended game.

12 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I am going to write that down because it is so original and I don't want to forget it, I have never heard reference to a Railway Station before on these pages.

Tell me Anita, do you often crawl up the pants leg of tedium?

No, but tell me what its like up there.

You do seem to be playing the part of Mr. Angry at the moment, and playing it very well.

Relax, have a giggle. Supporting the teams I do, I cannot afford to take life too seriously.

2 hours ago, Damien said:

Interesting tweet by Ryan Hall. As Easter Monday crowds are usually poor with low standard games it beggars belief that the game perseveres with these games:

He is correct, but would his chairman and the others in the league agree with him. 

5 hours ago, Scubby said:

Easter Monday is not providing any boost in attendances - in fact regular weekly attendances are often better. Imagine if this B/H Monday had been Leeds/Hudds... You would have got 4/5k more at Headingley

Based on what?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I know they’re not published but does anyone know what sort of attendances NCL clubs get? Are there many that are as well supported as the less supported League One teams? 

I’d say my old team Wath Brow are probably the best supported,they regularly get 200-300 crowds with 1000+ for derby games with Egremont & Kells.

Thatto,Siddal & Egremont usually have a decent following at home

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Damien said:

Indeed, it would be fairly simple to do this.

The 2nd Easter game seems to have no real benefit and as I have already said in terms of attendances is usually a poorly attended game.

It is a rather jumbled approach to Easter Monday. We used to have double derbies. As a Wire fan we'd play Widnes on Friday and Wigan on the Monday. Wigan would have Saints then Wire. 

So we'd get a bumper weekend as the fixtures would be manipulated, however now it is just a standard round. 

7 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

I’d say my old team Wath Brow are probably the best supported,they regularly get 200-300 crowds with 1000+ for derby games with Egremont & Kells.

Thatto,Siddal & Egremont usually have a decent following at home

Saddleworth Rangers and Millom are also well supported 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

I know they’re not published but does anyone know what sort of attendances NCL clubs get? Are there many that are as well supported as the less supported League One teams? 

I guesstimated around 300 when I was at Heworth the other week. £2.50 to get in rather than £15-£20 though.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, meast said:

How many in the premier League for example?

Exactly... You can't compare.

I’m not. They are rugby league attendances in a rugby league attendance thread. End of. 

• Like 1

"There has never been a Challenge Cup semifinal of 65,000 either individually or combined" - Damien

Thursday - Warrington v Salford

Friday noon - Hull derby & Saints/Wigan

Saturday - Catalans v Toulouse

Sunday - Huddersfield v Leeds

Monday - Wakefield v Cas

Not sure about you, but that's a great set of TV fixtures that only covers one round rather than 2. Can't blame it on broadcasters if you can still get games on, surely?

• Like 7
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

51 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Thursday - Warrington v Salford

Friday noon - Hull derby & Saints/Wigan

Saturday - Catalans v Toulouse

Sunday - Huddersfield v Leeds

Monday - Wakefield v Cas

Not sure about you, but that's a great set of TV fixtures that only covers one round rather than 2. Can't blame it on broadcasters if you can still get games on, surely?

Sky only had games on good Friday and Easter Monday didn’t they. I’m sure sky would be happy to have one round of fixtures over the Easter weekend, I don’t think the reason we have 2 rounds is their demands. We really do need to fix this and cut out the 2nd fixture, playing twice in a weekend is ridiculous.

• Like 2