Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

15 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

One of the reasons I stopped watching footy , sit down , stand up , sit down , stand up , etc , etc , etc 

Which team did you used to watch? In my experience it tends to be like that behind the goal but not along the sides. Agree though the constant up down is a pain in the backside, I don’t mind standing all game but up and down is woeful. 

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Which team did you used to watch? In my experience it tends to be like that behind the goal but not along the sides. Agree though the constant up down is a pain in the backside, I don’t mind standing all game but up and down is woeful. 

United  

49 minutes ago, meast said:

Warrington would be fine for Wigan v Saints, Doncaster would be fine for Huddersfield v Hull KR.

I think those two grounds have a capacity of 15k each. If we could be confident of filling them then I think that should be the approach. Two appropriate semi final grounds with healthy crowds. 

The problems started when we struggled to sell out grounds like Leigh, Wire, Salford etc. 

Part of the challenge for me is that semi finals often don't get treated with the respect they deserve. IMHO they are some of the best games of the year, losing in a semi final is worse than a final, and winning a semi final is so exciting. 

I think we have forgotten how to make these things positive for fans. Just staging a game at Widnes or Salford, with nothing going on to make it an event is lacklustre and isn't really a draw for the more casual fan. They have become events for the more hardcore, which is a dwindling number. 

I was OK with the double header as it means better grounds and bigger events, but the crowds so far have been only modest success at best. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, M j M said:

Toulouse more attractive to Leeds fans than Huddersfield were. Attendance tonight 11,167.

Just as Toronto were as oppose to Hull KR vs Leeds in 2020

Edited by Tommygilf
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, M j M said:

Toulouse more attractive to Leeds fans than Huddersfield were. Attendance tonight 11,167.

Did you ask them all?

I doubt many Huddersfield fans care if they're attractive to Leeds fans to be honest 😁

Plus relegation battles between the league's poorest 2 sides will usually attract a willing audience, as well as Leeds fans turning up with the expectation rather than hope of seeing a win again 😀

Edited by meast
  • Haha 1

Just now, meast said:

Did you ask them all?

I doubt many Huddersfield fans care if they're attractive to Leeds fans to be honest 😁

Its a fact though, Leeds find it easier to sell games against certain opposition than others.

8 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Yep teams need games of equal stature and dare I say it , variety. Its why 14 team league with a genuine chance for your Yorks Newcastles amd Toulouse to stick around would be significantly better but another discussion.  

There is certainly an aspect of that. As a minority sport we need to accept the level of objectively unattractive fixtures we can sustain

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

A relegation decider brings 1800 plus people in on its own? Thats new.

Relegation battle brought out the ' pies ' back in 2006 , you'd not remember that , being about 6 at the time 

• Haha 1

We keep hearing from certain posters that Leeds’ low crowds are because they have so many Thursday games and they’ll go up on the preferred Friday, so for a club who were averaging 15k+ not long ago, 11k on a Friday night is worryingly low.

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

We keep hearing from certain posters that Leeds’ low crowds are because they have so many Thursday games and they’ll go up on the preferred Friday, so for a club who were averaging 15k+ not long ago, 11k on a Friday night is worryingly low.

This is one of the worst Leeds squads in 20 years. The club has taken its eye off the ball since the redevelopment started and appears to be chasing corporate ££ at the expense of the team and regular fans. They are still good enough to finish mid table and will do so comfortably by the end of the season.

By the time it comes down to the last game it will be Salford, Wakefield and Toulouse down there as predicted. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Scubby said:

This is one of the worst Leeds squads in 20 years. The club has taken its eye off the ball since the redevelopment started and appears to be chasing corporate ££ at the expense of the team and regular fans. They are still good enough to finish mid table and will do so comfortably by the end of the season.

By the time it comes down to the last game it will be Salford, Wakefield and Toulouse down there as predicted. 

Yes , all we ever hear is " yes but we sell 1500 meals on a Friday , so who cares how many ' plebs ' are in the south stand ? " , 

• Like 1

Just now, GUBRATS said:

Yes , all we ever hear is " yes but we sell 1500 meals on a Friday , so who cares how many ' plebs ' are in the south stand ? " , 

Wearing thin isn’t it. Leeds and Wigan’s haemorrhaging of fans is one of the most worrying aspects of the game, and neither club seem bothered about it.