Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

1 hour ago, langpark said:

McDermott talking about some Fev's ambitions and saying that a 4,500 to 5000 average is their target. How far off that target are they at the moment? 

https://fb.watch/cD_XXkFfYd/ 

Averaging 3,442 this year.

Highest of 4,562 against Leigh but that was on the TV on a wet Monday night so there wasn't a massive amount of away fans.

Widnes, Bradford and York all still to come so I imagine the average will rise before the end of the season.

Edited by fevtom
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, fevtom said:

Highest of 4,562 against Leigh but that was on the TV on a wet Monday night so there wasn't a massive amount of away fans.

Widnes, Bradford and York all still to come so I imagine the average will rise before the end of the season.

It wasn't that bad from Leigh , around 500 on the night 

11 minutes ago, fevtom said:

Do you really think Widnes,Bulls and York will bring many ? , Given the likely results ?

47 minutes ago, Dallas Mead said:

No chance, all the years in the top league they averaged about 3,500.  The population is what…..13,000? Jeepers.

15,244 at the last census apparently, though they must get decent support from places like Pontefract too, so it’s not like they only have a population of 13k to draw from. If they’re getting 3.5k in the championship I don’t think 5k in SL is unreasonable. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

About 3k atm this season. Can imagine that if they went up with Leeds , Wakey, Cas all being sell outs they would be 4k and above. 5 seems a stretch but if they go up, first season in SL and buzz then it´s not impossible. 

Leeds and Wakefield won't be sell outs and Cas will be about 6kish. Wakefield got 5,000 for Leeds and 5,500 for Cas at home. The days of huge travelling support are long gone.

4 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Do you really think Widnes,Bulls and York will bring many ? , Given the likely results ?

I would think Bradford and Widnes will bring more than the last few games at post office road (Sheffield, London, Halifax) and everything else being equal they would attract more home fans too. 

Fev have said they expect this weekends game to be the biggest crowd for five years so they must be on track for close to 5,000.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Leeds and Wakefield won't be sell outs and Cas will be about 6kish. Wakefield got 5,000 for Leeds and 5,500 for Cas at home. The days of huge travelling support are long gone.

Back in 2017 our best was about 1500 from Saints , Wire and Wigan were very disappointing 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

It wasn't that bad from Leigh , around 500 on the night 

Yeah not bad for a Monday night. I just mean you could see the 4.5k figure in a fixture like that and assume the excess crowd was down to the away following, but in this case there were still around 4k home fans on a rainy night for a match that was on TV.

Edited by fevtom
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ShropshireBull said:

But it has been a long time since Fev played any of their local rivals and not been diminshed by constant loop fixtures.  I think the effect of being in SL for proper derby will get at least one at that 7k mark.  

First game without doubt , but if you're 5/6 games in without a point , then it's unlikely 

1 minute ago, ShropshireBull said:

But it has been a long time since Fev played any of their local rivals and not been diminshed by constant loop fixtures.  I think the effect of being in SL for proper derby will get at least one at that 7k mark.  

Cas maybe but Fev played Wakefield in a pre season friendly and have also played Leeds - it is not a novelty value anymore. The key to Fev getting strong attendances in 2023 is home support and they have done really well this year.

Hopefully they can get regular 4k attendances for those unglamorous games like Salford, Catalans, Huddersfield and then they will reap the benefits of some 5k+ crowds. Cas is best shot for 6-7k. Wigan, Warrington and Saints really don't bring those numbers across anymore.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, fevtom said:

Yeah not bad for a Monday night. I just mean you could see the 4.5k figure in a fixture like that and assume the excess crowd was down to the away following, but in this case there were still around 4k home fans on a rainy night for a match that was on TV.

Even on a Sunday it'd have only been another 2/300 at the absolute max , so it was a good turnout by the locals 

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

About 3k atm this season. Can imagine that if they went up with Leeds , Wakey, Cas all being sell outs they would be 4k and above. 5 seems a stretch but if they go up, first season in SL and buzz then it´s not impossible. 

Wakey v Cas recently only managed 5000, I can’t see why a game against Featherstone would be any bigger 

43 minutes ago, fevtom said:

I would think Bradford and Widnes will bring more than the last few games at post office road (Sheffield, London, Halifax) and everything else being equal they would attract more home fans too. 

Fev have said they expect this weekends game to be the biggest crowd for five years so they must be on track for close to 5,000.

Can't see Widnes taking many on Sunday. They've sucked all the enthusiasm out of us. I'd be looking at around £40 to £45 for ticket and petrol and tbh I'd probably get more pleasure flushing the money down the loo.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

31 minutes ago, meast said:

Would Featherstone really attract 5-6,000 in SL?

I'm not too sure really, maybe the first couple of games, maybe against Castleford or Leeds, but I think they'd more than likely struggle to attract 4,000.

The novelty of seeing top flight rugby would soon wear off I think.

The novelty of getting your Harris wupped would 

13 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Back in 2017 our best was about 1500 from Saints , Wire and Wigan were very disappointing 

Saints was 2,882
Wigan 1,410 (they actually brought more for the friendly - 1,692)
Wire 1,419

And just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons, Hull brought 1,288 and Hull KR (cup) brought 1,290

15 hours ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Can't see Widnes taking many on Sunday. They've sucked all the enthusiasm out of us. I'd be looking at around £40 to £45 for ticket and petrol and tbh I'd probably get more pleasure flushing the money down the loo.

Yep. This is the one away game of the year that we avoid in any case, but this really will just be the absolute diehards only. Less than 200 from Widnes I would think.

16 hours ago, Dallas Mead said:

No chance, all the years in the top league they averaged about 3,500.  The population is what…..13,000? Jeepers.

Why do people insist on assuming support comes from within a mile of the ground.  Is this assumed for all clubs?  Do Warrington fans travel more than a mile to get to the HJ?  Featherstone's support has always come from the Five towns area with 300,000 or so to go at.  Yes, the ground is in Featherstone, but most support comes from the many towns and villages around.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, meast said:

Would Featherstone really attract 5-6,000 in SL?

I'm not too sure really, maybe the first couple of games, maybe against Castleford or Leeds, but I think they'd more than likely struggle to attract 4,000.

The novelty of seeing top flight rugby would soon wear off I think.

So Featherstone's have to put up with being in Limbo League as every team deserves the right to be in the top flight if that's what they want off course.

51 minutes ago, Tubby said:

Why do people insist on assuming support comes from within a mile of the ground.  Is this assumed for all clubs?  Do Warrington fans travel more than a mile to get to the HJ?  Featherstone's support has always come from the Five towns area with 300,000 or so to go at.  Yes, the ground is in Featherstone, but most support comes from the many towns and villages around.

That is absolutely true, they draw fans from across the WMDC. Unfortunately 2 other Super League clubs and indeed Leeds also do too.

2 hours ago, Tubby said:

…… and they still DID and WOULD average only about 3,500 in the top tier of rugby league.  Yes?