Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

6 minutes ago, Dallas Mead said:

…… and they still DID and WOULD average only about 3,500 in the top tier of rugby league.  Yes?

I’m not a big fan of predictions, I would hope with a sustained period in SL, they would do better. Bit no-o e knows, it’s over 20 years since we were able to find out. 

Flying high at the top of the table with an invincible team is very different from being P10 W1 L9 in Super League - ask Toulouse. 

They are doing okay in SL with 5-6k crowds but sport is a much tougher sell to fans when you are bottom of the ladder. Fev are on a feelgood march at the moment and it is good to see the crowds improving.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

That is absolutely true, they draw fans from across the WMDC. Unfortunately 2 other Super League clubs and indeed Leeds also do too.

They do, but there is no formula for the number of fans from any given population, nor for calculating a population of catchment (geographical? Metropolitan? Socio-economic?). It’s all conjecture. If they play well enough and get promoted, we’ll find out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scubby said:

Flying high at the top of the table with an invincible team is very different from being P10 W1 L9 in Super League - ask Toulouse. 

They are doing okay in SL with 5-6k crowds but sport is a much tougher sell to fans when you are bottom of the ladder. Fev are on a feelgood march at the moment and it is good to see the crowds improving.

No doubt, but until they achieve promotion, no-one knows. Much the same as we don’t know what Saints/Wigan/Leeds crowds would be like after 25years in the second division. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Tubby said:

No doubt, but until they achieve promotion, no-one knows. Much the same as we don’t know what Saints/Wigan/Leeds crowds would be like after 25years in the second division. 

I recall watching Fev a lot as a teen in the late 1980s and early 1990s and the best average I think in the top flight was around the 4,700 mark. I think they have a good chance of beating that in 2023 and a 5k average in their first year of SL would be commendable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris22 said:

If Featherstone win the Championship Grand Final, they deserve a chance in Super League irrespective of potential crowd figures or location.

I'm all for franchising and think having 3 teams in Wakefield borough in SL is crazy... but totally agree with that.

They've been great to watch this year and if they do win then they totally deserve their place.

7 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Saints was 2,882
Wigan 1,410 (they actually brought more for the friendly - 1,692)
Wire 1,419

And just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons, Hull brought 1,288 and Hull KR (cup) brought 1,290

There's always one ' smart Harris ' that has to show you up isn't there ? 😁

5 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

If Featherstone are promoted I can say as a Leeds fan I probably wouldn’t bother going to Featherstone away, it has very little appeal. If Featherstone think they’d double their attendances in Super League they’re completely deluded.

That's a plus then 👍

2 hours ago, Tubby said:

I’m not a big fan of predictions, I would hope with a sustained period in SL, they would do better. Bit no-o e knows, it’s over 20 years since we were able to find out. 

It's the ' sustained ' bit that's the problem 

2 hours ago, Tubby said:

Bradford are trying their best to show us 😉

6 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

If Featherstone are promoted I can say as a Leeds fan I probably wouldn’t bother going to Featherstone away, it has very little appeal.

Fortunately you're not representative of Leeds fans (if you are a Leeds fan). Fev away in the league has always generated very large Leeds followings, such as in 2016 and before that the famously violent game in November 94. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bring back GB said:

Has anybody got all the attendances for last weekend?

Cas 7 649

Leeds 11 167

Warrington 8 102

Wigan 10 783

Hull 9100 or so

HKR haven't seen a figure.

3 hours ago, theswanmcr said:

I'm all for franchising and think having 3 teams in Wakefield borough in SL is crazy... but totally agree with that.

But presumably you are comfortable having Saints, Wigan and Warrington, all 3 in a similar close proximity, in SL

19 minutes ago, bigbaldnmad said:

But presumably you are comfortable having Saints, Wigan and Warrington, all 3 in a similar close proximity, in SL

In the interests of fairness you should add Leeds and Huddersfield into the Wakefield mix too then.

21 hours ago, JonM said:

Yep. This is the one away game of the year that we avoid in any case, but this really will just be the absolute diehards only. Less than 200 from Widnes I would think.

I'd be amazed if its more than 100 Jon. Last I heard no coaches were going, don't know if that's changed.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.