Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

12 hours ago, Wholly Trinity said:

7046 at BV v Wigan to say goodbye to the East stand

I sat in the East stand courtesy of a free ticket from work, it was quite busy, but noisy, noisy with kids and teens roaming about and just generally messing around so I went and stood in the North then which was an ear opener.

Some Wakefield fans were openly hostile towards their club, Carter, Poching and some slagging the players off, but  most seemed hell bent on blaming Mr Kendall for their loss, it has become the norm in RL though, players win games and referee's lose them it seems.

But wandering around Belle Vue without my Huddersfield colours on you really do get the impression of just how tired it is now.

good turnout of Wigan fans although they were very quiet and passive.

Edited by meast
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, daz39 said:

5,672 at Cas, that's shocking and surely with that Huddersfield-esque attendance they cannot be offering anything to Super League, saying that though what percentage of the capacity was being used?

Doesn't matter, it was a good attendance cos it was Cas and the crowd looks good in their small, tatty ground.

There wasn't many empty seats to count so it's a good crowd.

Obviously when Huddersfield get less than 10,000, it's terrible for the sport but it's fine for everyone else 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

It’s a shame more of them don’t go regularly, they might have got the stand done sooner if they had. 

It was £10 for adults and kids for free, there was 4 games all in too, I heard many people saying how they'd not been for years.

It was nice to see a ground busy though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, meast said:

Doesn't matter, it was a good attendance cos it was Cas and the crowd looks good in their small, tatty ground.

There wasn't many empty seats to count so it's a good crowd.

Obviously when Huddersfield get less than 10,000, it's terrible for the sport but it's fine for everyone else 🙂

That's because they don't have many seats 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

That's because they don't have many seats 

Exactly, and sparse terracing doesn't count in the crowd counting championships, only emplty seats, blue and white ones in West Yorkshire to be exact!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Phil W said:

36,821 at St James Park today and 3,034 at Kingston Park last night.

Superb that. I’ve been out all day and didn’t watch a second of it but great to see a couple of solid attendances there 👌

• Like 1

Just now, Mr Frisky said:

Sunday crowd is always lower- 61K for the 2 days- great stuff.

It‘a higher than last year, lower than the pre Covid Newcastle ones. It’s pretty much bang on average.

• Like 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

9 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Sunday crowd is always lower- 61K for the 2 days- great stuff.

How is it great stuff?  Pretty much zero growth for the last 5…6…7….8 years?  30,000 seats unsold, need to advertise more and get more locals and neutrals to give it a go.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Sometimes we should just enjoy it rather than stress about % growth. 

This is an attendances thread so it is fair to ask what can be done to get more people in.

You’ve said yourself that Magic has essentially become a beer soaked weekend with some rugby attached.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Re growth how about a big music act to play, I'd be disappointed if at the very least Sam Fender wasn't asked. He's a massive NUFC fan.

It was good to see players in the studio on sky but could we do a lot more around interaction etc. Would IMG improve a lot of this next year.

Hopefully we can agree the venue and date asap for next season so people know and can plan and get booked up.

2 hours ago, Phil W said:

Re growth how about a big music act to play, I'd be disappointed if at the very least Sam Fender wasn't asked. He's a massive NUFC fan.

It was good to see players in the studio on sky but could we do a lot more around interaction etc. Would IMG improve a lot of this next year.

Hopefully we can agree the venue and date asap for next season so people know and can plan and get booked up.

Won't change anything. Football and union don't bother with a Magic weekend. The NRL copied out but it helps that they are the number 1 sport in NSW and Queensland. Maybe ditch the concept altogether or just accept that 50-60k split across both days is the most you'll get.

4 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Or have the team that represents the city actually play in the event, that might help... 

I don't think a part-time Thunder would have helped. They need to work out getting good crowds at Kingston Park first.

3 hours ago, gingerjon said:

This is an attendances thread so it is fair to ask what can be done to get more people in.

You’ve said yourself that Magic has essentially become a beer soaked weekend with some rugby attached.

It's also fair to suggest that a par average can just be appreciated for what it is.