Warrington Wolves 8734
Catalans Dragons 7979
Hull Kingston Rovers 7915
Castleford Tigers 7781
Huddersfield Giants 5388
Wakefield Trinity 4811
Toulouse Olympique 4652
Salford Red Devils 4376

and as a percentage of ground capacity, if you’re interested in that type of thing:

St Helens 69.5
Castleford Tigers 66.1
Hull Kingston Rovers 64.7
Leeds Rhinos 64.2
Catalans Dragons 61.4
Warrington Wolves 57.5
Wakefield Trinity 51.5
Wigan Warriors 45.1
Hull FC 41.5
Salford Red Devils 36.5
Toulouse Olympique 23.9
Huddersfield Giants 22.3
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, fevtom said:

Updated season averages:

Leeds Rhinos 12641
St Helens 12511
Wigan Warriors 11338
Hull FC 10542
Warrington Wolves 8734
Catalans Dragons 7979
Castleford Tigers 7781
Huddersfield Giants 5388
Wakefield Trinity 4811
Toulouse Olympique 4652
Salford Red Devils 4376

and as a percentage of ground capacity, if you’re interested in that type of thing:

St Helens 69.5
Castleford Tigers 66.1
Leeds Rhinos 64.2
Catalans Dragons 61.4
Warrington Wolves 57.5
Wakefield Trinity 51.5
Wigan Warriors 45.1
Hull FC 41.5
Salford Red Devils 36.5
Toulouse Olympique 23.9
Huddersfield Giants 22.3

What capacity are you using for Belle Vue?

IIRC it was limited to c.7.3k prior to east stand closure, now probably even less. Only 1.5k in North terrace. 

#ClingingToPositves

1 hour ago, fevtom said:

considering the rain and the lack of cover I think it’s fair to say a few walk ups might have been put off.

I hope they enjoyed the view of the dugout.

Edited by Eddie

2 hours ago, Wholly Trinity said:

What capacity are you using for Belle Vue?

IIRC it was limited to c.7.3k prior to east stand closure, now probably even less. Only 1.5k in North terrace. 

#ClingingToPositves

I just went by the Wikipedia figure of 9,333. I did have a feeling that it would be limited to a bit under that. Looks like it is 7,258 (although obviously not during the redevelopment) which would take it to 66.2% full. 

4 hours ago, fevtom said:

Updated season averages:

Leeds Rhinos 12641
St Helens 12511
Wigan Warriors 11338
Hull FC 10542
Warrington Wolves 8734
Catalans Dragons 7979
Castleford Tigers 7781
Huddersfield Giants 5388
Wakefield Trinity 4811
Toulouse Olympique 4652
Salford Red Devils 4376

St Helens 69.5
Castleford Tigers 66.1
Leeds Rhinos 64.2
Catalans Dragons 61.4
Warrington Wolves 57.5
Wakefield Trinity 51.5
Wigan Warriors 45.1
Hull FC 41.5
Salford Red Devils 36.5
Toulouse Olympique 23.9
Huddersfield Giants 22.3

There’s a couple of good news stories there but it’s really sad to see Leeds, Wigan and Wire’s crowds so far down on where they have been recently. 

56 minutes ago, Eddie said:

There’s a couple of good news stories there but it’s really sad to see Leeds, Wigan and Wire’s crowds so far down on where they have been recently. 

If all the media and controversy is focussed on clubs 10-14 then it has a ripple effect. All the talk should be on the pinnacle of our sport. 

• Like 2

On 24/07/2022 at 10:53, Ragingbull said:

Great to see a non heartland club less than a year old pullling in good numbers.  Bigger crowds than many  clubs who have been around for more than  a hundred years.   Just shows what  can be done with a bit of effort rather than just plodding along being happy to survive

Why ? 

3 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Also shout out to Wakey still get near 5k in woeful stadium and being awful.  Definite chance to push for 6.5k -7k in future with dev.  Could hold that crowd if they go down too. 

If Wakefield go down crowds will be 2-3k in 2023

Just now, ShropshireBull said:

Season Widnes went down they held up and Bradford only went from 6 to 5k first year in Champ. 

If you start winning some games and push the progress off the field I think you can be closer to 4.

Problem is what squad Wakefield will have if they go down? It's not beyond the possibility that they go fully part-time and there will be no main stand for that season. The club is run on peanuts. 

On 23/07/2022 at 23:55, meast said:

I would imagine there's quite a few exiles and genuine RL fans around the South West that are just glad to be able to watch live RL.

It's not always just about the results.

This is definitely true for a section of the supporter base. There is a lot of people from all over the UK that have moved to Cornwall and are RL people delighted to be able to watch it locally.

There are also folk like me, from the heartlands that have moved to Cornwall and are now bringing with them other people that have no association to RL at all and are really enjoying live RL for the first time. Coming back week after week, despite the score line, because they can appreciate the skills and commitment from both sides. I've no doubt that if Cornwall can kick on again, there is growth potential in that 1k marker.

BBC Radio Cornwall and other local media are really helping with the brand awareness too. On Saturday, there was no other professional sport happening anywhere near and therefore meant the Choughs got the lions share of the sports coverage locally. All baby steps, but positive baby steps.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

True but no team is going to do a Leigh and buy the League. Only Newcastle are full time. 

I dont know maybe I am being too optimistic but you get a fresh start and can attract players with the progress off the field, win some actual games and change the feeling around the club.  If you change coach plenty would want the role (although I would just be driving to Batley and grabbing CL)

Carter said if you had got relegated vs Bradford years ago he was done,  now with the re dev there is a good future even if you go down. Main stand is finished when? 

Middle end next year I think

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

Big Cas v Wakey derby drew just 6,796.

This was nearly 300 fewer than the Cas v Toulouse game. Another one for the away fans brigade.

I thought The Jungle was the ground everyone wants to go to “wiv it bein old skool” and the best atmosphere anywhere on the planet. 

14 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

3rd in the  league and only 4k ish home fans? Wow!

I don’t think the Fartown fans that turned up would be concerned. But if i was a Wire fan id be thanking Toulouse for being in the league. 

On 29/07/2022 at 23:22, Scubby said:

Big Cas v Wakey derby drew just 6,796.

This was nearly 300 fewer than the Cas v Toulouse game. Another one for the away fans brigade.

There were many away fans at Castleford v Wakefield.

More Castleford fans or neutrals must have attended for the Toulouse game.

For a club both a "new" team and those who bring a good following will attract a good crowd if marketed positively. 

Edited by Niels
  • Like 1