Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

10 hours ago, Phil W said:

2127 at Thunder yesterday, despite the result it was a really positive day off the field.

Well done to all the kids, parents and volunteers who took part in the community festival and also to the hard working staff for making it happen.

It was fantastic to see the number of kids (and notably their geographical spread) and they certainly made up the vast majority of the crowd. Must have been one hell of an effort from the Thunder community team to coordinate it all!

Just over 2,000 sounded a little generous to me but I suppose the main stand is deceptively large, even when there was only a little over half of it open.

Had a corking view in the second half from a padded seat right on the halfway line. As luck would have it, Denis Betts was sat right behind me and I reckon he must have had a sore hand today with the amount of times he was thumping the desk in front of him!

Overall certainly a much more positive experience than when we’d previously played at Gateshead and as I say the level of community work is outstanding that will hopefully be fruitful both in terms of player pathways and building a support base. Think it’s fair to say that Gosforth is one of the more well-to-do areas to host Championship RL!

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Cheers, wonder what Salford had targeted forthis with £10 tickets and 1,000 away fans? looked ok in the ground though.

TBH I don't think there were 4400 there on Saturday and I'd always take our official attendance figures with a pinch of salt.

There was definitely a game earlier in the season that got announced as around 4500 but it was way fuller than against Hudds and a few of us reckoned more like 5500-6000. Either that or there were just a LOT of very fat fans in the ground that day.😁

21 hours ago, Archie Gordon said:

This is great to hear. Realistic but positive given 2022 has been tough.

I didn't heard about the Moody Cup until it was too late to enter but it looks like it's been a big success. Is it annual? Does it have a fixed slot in the calendar? 

It's a regular thing but don't think it has the same date in the calendar. Basically there's a festival followed by a Thunder game in the afternoon and the kids get free entry.

The next big thing to look out for is Squads on the Tyne on the opening weekend of the RLWC. 

It's from Friday to Saturday including primary, secondary, junior clubs boys and girls, masters, learning disability, physical disability and mixed touch over the weekend. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Phil W said:

It's a regular thing but don't think it has the same date in the calendar. Basically there's a festival followed by a Thunder game in the afternoon and the kids get free entry.

The next big thing to look out for is Squads on the Tyne on the opening weekend of the RLWC. 

It's from Friday to Saturday including primary, secondary, junior clubs boys and girls, masters, learning disability, physical disability and mixed touch over the weekend. 

Apologies, ignore me, you answer my question in this post! 😆

Thanks for providing the detail. 

Edited by Dave T

On 08/08/2022 at 18:29, Scubby said:

Wigan had their biggest crowd when Toulouse were in town.

Exactly. All clubs can be an attractive proposition, not just York’s/lancs/Cumbrian teams… and not just non-York’s/lancs/Cumbrian teams. Why do we have to be anti one side to be pro another?  They’re not mutually exclusive!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, SalfordSlim said:

TBH I don't think there were 4400 there on Saturday and I'd always take our official attendance figures with a pinch of salt.

There was definitely a game earlier in the season that got announced as around 4500 but it was way fuller than against Hudds and a few of us reckoned more like 5500-6000. Either that or there were just a LOT of very fat fans in the ground that day.😁

SS The 4400 attendance was was 1334 higher than the corresponding match last year.

In the West stand where we sit I counted up to twenty people, adults and children, who were on holidays etc,  so I was happy with the attendance, including the excellent turnout from Huddersfield, which helped to create the very good atmosphere and bearing in mind City were at home, United on TV, Salford City were at home and there was the cricket at Old Trafford as well.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, WSRD said:

SS The 4400 attendance was was 1334 higher than the corresponding match last year.

In the West stand where we sit I counted up to twenty people, adults and children, who were on holidays etc,  so I was happy with the attendance, including the excellent turnout from Huddersfield, which helped to create the very good atmosphere and bearing in mind City were at home, United on TV, Salford City were at home and there was the cricket at Old Trafford as well.

Obviously we only had 234 there last year then 😉

23 hours ago, Tubby said:

Exactly. All clubs can be an attractive proposition, not just York’s/lancs/Cumbrian teams… and not just non-York’s/lancs/Cumbrian teams. Why do we have to be anti one side to be pro another?  They’re not mutually exclusive!

Of course they aren't. Sadly the history of the game (and the perception of some club owners/directors/ceo's) is not so well balanced.

2 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

8.1 at Wire. 

How embarrasing that a team relegated can still pull in a bigger crowd than the Wolves.  

Remember many think the Frenchies bring nothing to the game 

Tbf that is Wire’s lowest crowd of the season and TO’s highest by far, but feel free to cherry pick. 

• Haha 1

Was there a decent turnout for Salford’s game, and Wakey’s ?. 
it’ll be interesting to see the turnouts tomorrow, i know a few people who are not wasting £23 tomorrow to go and watch Saints, even a couple of ST Holders are not bothering with so many players missing. Quality over quantity is what they want. 

22 minutes ago, Josef K said:

Was there a decent turnout for Salford’s game, and Wakey’s ?. 
it’ll be interesting to see the turnouts tomorrow, i know a few people who are not wasting £23 tomorrow to go and watch Saints, even a couple of ST Holders are not bothering with so many players missing. Quality over quantity is what they want. 

Salford haven’t even got the Hull score on their website yet https://www.salfordreddevils.net/team/fixtures-results/

• Like 1