Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

On 17/09/2022 at 17:29, Dave T said:

Do we have numbers for all 4 playoff games? 

Tbh,  after watching all four of them,  I though they came across pretty well.  The presence of noisy away fans in all four games added to the atmosphere on TV,  and I assume in the grounds too. 

I'm not sure why some people like to make out away fans aren't important. 

6,327 at Huddersfield 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

We need one more team pulling in 8k in SL and then thats another team who can spend up to cap and challenge at the top. I still think that can be Toulouse who pulled in 5k with their covid hit nightmare and got 9k for what should’ve been a Saturday game.

Ideally another one in the UK also. But hard to see in current state anyone, maybe Leigh having an awesome start next year might see it happen. 

Agreed.....the Bulla I'd guess still have enormous capacity for 8k and more with some success and backing 

4 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Was taking about this with union mate. Our Champ far far outweighs the union. Means a 14 man SL should be a show in

Why does the popularity of a different sport's second tier have any bearing on the size of our top tier?

• Like 5

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, ShropshireBull said:

Buy what? it owns nothing. That´s the problem that no purchase or part purchase of any stadium took place over the last two decades and now it would almost be impossible. You wouldn´t buy Broncos, you´d just start again. 

That's why he put ' sell ' 

19 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

We need one more team pulling in 8k in SL and then thats another team who can spend up to cap and challenge at the top. I still think that can be Toulouse who pulled in 5k with their covid hit nightmare and got 9k for what should’ve been a Saturday game.

Ideally another one in the UK also. But hard to see in current state anyone, maybe Leigh having an awesome start next year might see it happen. 

Widnes too, at a push. 

12 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Not unfair, crowds were reasonable when up and only now recovering from admin hell. My worry is the catchment area is too small, like Leigh.    Wire St’s Wigan And of course Leeds all have 6 figure populations to draw on.

Widnes and Leigh’s crowds in SL last time were good but 6k seems to be the limit.

Widnes 2004/5/6 got up to 7.5K. I think that was the peak.  I’m not sure how we get back to anything like that

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Not unfair, crowds were reasonable when up and only now recovering from admin hell. My worry is the catchment area is too small, like Leigh.    Wire St’s Wigan And of course Leeds all have 6 figure populations to draw on.

Widnes and Leigh’s crowds in SL last time were good but 6k seems to be the limit.

There is untapped Cheshire on their doorstep. I’m not saying that would be easy, or even possible, but they’re not hemmed in like Leigh are. 

Crowd of “over 60,000” expected tomorrow. Not sure if we are supposed to be impressed by that figure, since 60,000 should really be the bare minimum for a game like this. With two local well-supported clubs involved, it should be in sell out territory.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonNgog said:

Crowd of “over 60,000” expected tomorrow. Not sure if we are supposed to be impressed by that figure, since 60,000 should really be the bare minimum for a game like this. With two local well-supported clubs involved, it should be in sell out territory.

Looks fairly full on map when I was looking for another seat for a late entry to our group (we got lucky with a nearby single seat)

Don't think they haven't opened top tier yet?

5 minutes ago, JonNgog said:

65k is fine. 60-65k is disappointing. 65 to 70k good. imho.

We should remember it is World Cup year and a lot of neutrals will be buying for that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JonNgog said:

Under normal circumstances yes, but with the World Cup coming up and cost of living rocketing I’d expect a lower crowd. 65k would be decent. 

3 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

The Knowles incident wil have put plenty of people off 

Know anyone who was genuinely going to go who now isn't?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Think a lot of the Knowles stuff is internet hysteria, I doubt anyone who had tickets prior to Wednesday has chucked them in the bin as a result of that outcome. Has it put some last minute punters off? I doubt it, if they hadn’t committed by Wednesday evening, were they ever going to go? 

Edited by Jughead

5 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

I think a fair few last minute buyers will have been put off by the decision. It ain't gonna be thousands but some people are disillusioned with some of the goings on within the game at the minute and just won't bother.

How many is a fair few?

I'm willing to bet you could do a survey of people who didn't attend and the option, "I was infuriated by a decision made by the disciplinary panel" would be a statistical zero.

• Like 3