Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Mate, 60,780 odd is a bad Grand Final attendance

We have got to September and we are still waiting for you to say one positive thing about SuperLeague.....you say Saints are a bad team.... 60k is a poor attendance in a WC year and England have poor players...... feel free to come back in January and try again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Rover said:

I thought that getting 60k with everything that's going on and with lots no doubt choosing to buy World Cup tickets was a decent attendance. The more alarming thing for me was that any media build up during the week was non existent. 

Probably a vicious circle tbf

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

We have got to September and we are still waiting for you to say one positive thing about SuperLeague.....you say Saints are a bad team.... 60k is a poor attendance in a WC year and England have poor players...... feel free to come back in January and try again. 

60k is a bad attendance, objectively. Feel free to suggest otherwise on an attendance thread.

I suspect IMG will have that as a top of the list priority to increase.

12 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

60k is a bad attendance, objectively. Feel free to suggest otherwise on an attendance thread.

I suspect IMG will have that as a top of the list priority to increase.

I thought this was an attendance thread.... your spouting so much anti SL drivel you don't even know which topic your answering to...

Feel free to post your RL opinions on the 'Hate SuperLeague and England RL thread'

You will love it on their mate, loads on negative people like you and photos of NRL players walking on water for you to look at...🤣

Edited by Mr Frisky

1 minute ago, Mr Frisky said:

Feel free to post your RL opinions on the 'Hate SuperLeague and England RL thread'

You will love it on their mate, loads on negative people like you and photos of NRL players walking on water for you to look at...🤣

A 10k average decrease in 11 years isn't a laughing matter sadly. Its a worrying trend.

• Sad 1

It is a poor attendance and the trend is downwards. Folk have seen our big teams play each other in Grand Finals and it offers nothing new for many of them. There is a 90% chance next season's Grand Final will involve two of Saints, Leeds and Wigan: few are getting excited about that beyond fans of those clubs, and even they are starting to shrug.

• Like 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, ÂŁ7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a ÂŁ2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Was only the odd empty seat around us in N2413 but I didn’t realise just how many empty seats there were facing the cameras. First GF I’ve attended in over a decade and thought it was great value for money at £28 in the corner, back half of the lower tier. We’ve got safe standing for the RLWC Final which is the equivalent view in the south west corner and they’re £60. Now that’s a tough sell.

A failure to sell out OT is a failure of the RFL / Superleague imo.

We shouldn’t be relying on the two finalists to sell it out, it should be an “experience” neutrals / newbies want to attend. 

What is a crying shame is it could be so much more, a DJ as pre match entertainment is pathetic / Jerusalem is standard, do something pre match, do something at half time for gods sake.

It’s not rocket science. 

• Like 1

My idea, to get more people to the final(I do realise it would damaged the pitch and Man U would probably say no... but)

Maybe the  Championship Final, Women's Super League  (in that order) should be played at Old Trafford as a curtain raisers for the Grand Final. Also, all amateur kids club should receive discounted group tickets (which I'm sure they already do to some degree)

And Finally, play the Grand Final on the same day as the NRL final... and make it a festival type atmosphere with beer gardens, meet former players, live NRL GF action on the Big screen and  while 2 extra games (Women's GF and the Million Pound Game) are being played inside the staduim. Almost a Magic Weekend feel about it.

We can market/name it as the Super league's "The Grand Day Out"

• Haha 1

Just now, Henson Park Old Firm said:

My idea, to get more people to the final(I do realise it would damaged the pitch and Man U would probably say no or find a stadium that would carter to our new needs...)

Maybe the  Championship Final, Women's Super League  (in that order) should be played at Old Trafford as a curtain raisers for the Grand Final. Also, all amateur kids club should receive discounted group tickets (which I'm sure they already do to some degree)

And Finally, play the Grand Final on the same day as the NRL final... and make it a festival type atmosphere with beer gardens, cheaper tickets, meet former players, live NRL GF action on the Big screen, while 2 extra games (Women's GF and the Million Pound Game) are being played inside the stadium.

Almost a Magic Weekend feel about it.

35 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

My idea, to get more people to the final(I do realise it would damaged the pitch and Man U would probably say no... but)

And Finally, play the Grand Final on the same day as the NRL final... and make it a festival type atmosphere with beer gardens, meet former players, live NRL GF action on the Big screen and  while 2 extra games (Women's GF and the Million Pound Game) are being played inside the staduim. Almost a Magic Weekend feel about it.

Its a bit 'stack em high', though I get what you mean.

It certainly seemed a bit basic at the GF today, which isn't to say it was bad, but there wasn't a wow moment within the RFLs control.

8 hours ago, Just Browny said:

It is a poor attendance and the trend is downwards. Folk have seen our big teams play each other in Grand Finals and it offers nothing new for many of them. There is a 90% chance next season's Grand Final will involve two of Saints, Leeds and Wigan: few are getting excited about that beyond fans of those clubs, and even they are starting to shrug.

90% chance?? That figure has been plucked out of thin air. What absolute nonsense.