Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

3 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

You cant make a team win a sport to spread out the wins to keep people happy - the whole point of sport is to see who is the best team.

Not saying you should , but it is a factor , we'd all like to see Salford getting 10K at the AJ Bell , that won't happen without some success along the way , and by that I mean winning trophy's 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

I went, as a ‘big event’ it was poor (not the game itself) 

it was more like a normal SL round just in a bigger stadium.

well yep, but I have always thought that, even when we had a good band playing which of course gave some focus rather than queuing for drinks.

My observation was that a huge number prior to game start were just hanging around outside the toilet and refreshments area, drinking or most of time q'ing for drinks.  Then upon game start bring lots of drink into game watching area.

So I'm not sure that anything would have changed that groups of fan focus pre-game.

Of course need more for the family side of attendee's but there I reckon is our biggest problem. We neglect the family going side of the fan base and hence proving good entertainment for them, apart from a flag to wave or cardboard to hold up saying try.

Edited by redjonn

45 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Not saying you should , but it is a factor , we'd all like to see Salford getting 10K at the AJ Bell , that won't happen without some success along the way , and by that I mean winning trophy's 

Agree with that, their away support at Hudds and Saints for the play off games showed that.

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

What was the reason Terry O'Connor brought the trophy? Was it simply because he played in the 1st HF, and presumably they didn't have to pay his travel as he was already in the stadium? 

If you were going to pay homage to that first GF, surely Jason Robinson was the obvious choice, and he links nicely to the RLWC as an ambassador too? 

I just assumed it was a ex-Widnes captain thing, with it being Kevin Brown last year 😜

6 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Whilst I didn’t disagree with most of that, can we shift the narrative about the same teams please? Last few GFs have had .

2017 - Leeds vs Castleford

2018 - Wigan vs Warrington

2019 - Saints vs Salford

2020 - Saints vs Wigan

2021 - Saints vs Catalan

2022 - Saints vs Leeds

That’s 7 different sides in 6yrs - Saints only really the constant. Yep, only 3 of those sides have won the title but it’s not true it’s always the and sides in the final. 

Dont be stating facts on here. It stops people making things  up and talking garbage 😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Tez will always be a legend if only for being the man who took 8 straight punches to the face from Gordon Tallis and still coming out on top.

Best WCC moment ever..

As far as the attendance goes - agree with a few comments in that its WC year so 60k isn't bad and I thought the crowd and atmosphere came across great on TV.

The atmosphere felt decent for the most part inside .....it really lifted before half time when Leeds scored. Once Saints ran away it ebbed though

.Outside was a squib 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

7 hours ago, RL Tragic said:

Dear Lewis Wiltshire at IMG

please ensure the stand that’s on TV is full even if the one across is empty at all costs . At least let’s look like we can sell out a venue 

All tickets one price , sell out from the middle 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

It makes it worse that it was the 25th anniversary- suravely they should have made more if that, get past players on the pitch do interviews etc etc

The average RL fan doesn't care what any former players have to say , honestly we don't 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Crowd given as 3.200 for Cumbria v Jamaica match .

Think with the 100s of kids they let in it was closer to 4000 - but it was a great night for RL in Cumbria 

Edited by Mr Frisky
Fat fingers typos
  • Like 5