Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

6 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

If Featherstone are promoted I can say as a Leeds fan I probably wouldn’t bother going to Featherstone away, it has very little appeal.

Fortunately you're not representative of Leeds fans (if you are a Leeds fan). Fev away in the league has always generated very large Leeds followings, such as in 2016 and before that the famously violent game in November 94. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bring back GB said:

Has anybody got all the attendances for last weekend?

Cas 7 649

Leeds 11 167

Warrington 8 102

Wigan 10 783

Hull 9100 or so

HKR haven't seen a figure.

3 hours ago, theswanmcr said:

I'm all for franchising and think having 3 teams in Wakefield borough in SL is crazy... but totally agree with that.

But presumably you are comfortable having Saints, Wigan and Warrington, all 3 in a similar close proximity, in SL

19 minutes ago, bigbaldnmad said:

But presumably you are comfortable having Saints, Wigan and Warrington, all 3 in a similar close proximity, in SL

In the interests of fairness you should add Leeds and Huddersfield into the Wakefield mix too then.

21 hours ago, JonM said:

Yep. This is the one away game of the year that we avoid in any case, but this really will just be the absolute diehards only. Less than 200 from Widnes I would think.

I'd be amazed if its more than 100 Jon. Last I heard no coaches were going, don't know if that's changed.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

3 hours ago, fevtom said:

Still think they'll top the attendance table at the end of the year? 

Sir Kev will almost certainly think so.

Myself, I think it will be close between Leeds, Saints and Wigan - perhaps a few bumper crowds for Saints will push them up to the top. 

Hopefully Leeds and Wigan, indeed everyone else, can start pushing back to better levels.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, fevtom said:

Still think they'll top the attendance table at the end of the year? 

10 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Sir Kev will almost certainly think so.

Myself, I think it will be close between Leeds, Saints and Wigan - perhaps a few bumper crowds for Saints will push them up to the top. 

Hopefully Leeds and Wigan, indeed everyone else, can start pushing back to better levels.

Yes I do, Saints have already played Wigan and Warrington at home, their local derby and 2nd biggest derby, they still have Wakefield, Huddersfield, Hull kr, Cas and Toulouse to play at home, Saints average will come down. The opposite is true for Leeds.

I also think we’ll again have the best attendance of the round again this week in, although it should be close between Leeds, Saints and Warrington.

17 hours ago, meast said:

Say what?

I mean if Featherstone is promoted to SL then good for them as It must ###### having the ambition to only play in the Championship and League 1 all the time..

19 minutes ago, Scubby said:

3166 at Wakefield. Trinity really are that drunken uncle of Super League. 

Good job we are artifically handicapping clubs like Toulose with travel costs and championship clubs with a 12 team comp to protect this giant of the sport. 

For what it is worth I think the developement can turn this around significantly but that is dire. 

Edited by ShropshireBull

1 minute ago, meast said:

Good job the Giants fans turned out in numbers then 😂

Saying that, £25 at that dump for a Thursday night game on TV, did anyone really expect anything substantially more?

Having grown up in Wakefield they literally have a free pass in terms of competition from other sports yet continually fail to engage the community. It has been a car crash of poor management for decades now. A crowd of 3k after 24 years of SL funding is pretty terrible.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Good job we are artifically handicapping clubs like Toulose with travel costs and championship clubs with a 12 team comp to protect this giant of the sport. 

For what it is worth I think the developement can turn this around significantly but that is dire. 

It's not even a lack of awareness, pretty much everyone in Wakefield will know of Wakefield Trinity. It is the only major sporting club holding the city's name. It has so often been seen as a car crash and unattractive to many locals.

9 minutes ago, meast said:

Good job the Giants fans turned out in numbers then 😂

Saying that, £25 at that dump for a Thursday night game on TV, did anyone really expect anything substantially more?

You just told me on the other thread Wakey were miles ahead of clubs in Championship.  Now we shouldnt expect more than sub 4k?  Pick one mate. 

2 minutes ago, Scubby said:

It's not even a lack of awareness, pretty much everyone in Wakefield will know of Wakefield Trinity. It is the only major sporting club holding the city's name. It has so often been seen as a car crash and unattractive to many locals.

That developement has to turn it around.  They are probably the team whose crowds relative to their potential catchment area of 100 k is the biggest to grow in SL.  

9 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

That developement has to turn it around.  They are probably the team whose crowds relative to their potential catchment area of 100 k is the biggest to grow in SL.  

A shiny new 80% empty stand won't change anything 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

A shiny new 80% empty stand won't change anything 

Increased Commercial income to increase the budget so as not to be a basement dweller has to help increase the crowds.  Come charging out the gates next year.  Tap into those sponsors  bit of momentum...

• Haha 1