Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

6 hours ago, Dave T said:

So, here's my regular moan about the Wire clubs efforts off the field. 

Once again, this was a, nothing event. They made it a retro shirt night, which seemed to get announced just a few days ago, and purely based in the fact we had two retro kits to sell. 

We arrived an hour early and sat in the sun in our seats. There was a junior game that finished around 7.15, and literally nothing else pre-match. No dancers, no DJ, no flame throwers as they walked out, no light show, no entertainment in the bowl - all things that used to be standard. 

Once again, we opened the doors and played a game. 

I was also disgusted pre-match, as we were in so early there must have been 5 if us in the concourse as we'd just grabbed a drink to take up. A Wire employee marched along the concourse, youngish, clearly power mad, and he shouted at the top if his voice "how old are you... You, how old are you?" to one of the shell-shocked agency kids working behind the bar. It was an appalling way to speak to staff, and an appalling way to speak in front of customers. How you treat the lowest paid in an organisation is a good reflection of your business values. The guy was a scumbag and I'm afraid I'd have been telling him where to go if it was me. The group of kids working looked shell-shocked, and a lady spectator also present was shocked, and exchanged looks and head shakes with us. It sounds like a minor point, but I was pretty disgusted tbh. 

You should of reported him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EggFace said:

You should of reported him.

Tbh, it's one of those where I wish I'd have said something at the time, but I was rather shocked and it all happened quickly. I decided then I would report it afterwards as I have time, location, description etc. 

It was all so unnecessary, and clear bully-boy behaviour. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Tbh, it's one of those where I wish I'd have said something at the time, but I was rather shocked and it all happened quickly. I decided then I would report it afterwards as I have time, location, description etc. 

It was all so unnecessary, and clear bully-boy behaviour. 

I hate bully boy managers and especially those that take it out on kids just starting out. I'd hate to think anyone would treat my kids like that when they start work. I recall myself in my first part time job a manager kind of like how you describe. These people are usually cowards and treat people completely different depending on their age and status and it's completely wrong.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Damien said:

I hate bully boy managers and especially those that take it out on kids just starting out. I'd hate to think anyone would treat my kids like that when they start work. I recall myself in my first part time job a manager kind of like how you describe. These people are usually cowards and treat people completely different depending on their age and status and it's completely wrong.

I had just been to that hatch and bought three drinks, the atmosphere behind there was really friendly, they are always young kids but one of them made a mistake and asked a silly question and they all laughed at each other etc. Service was good and I walked away. Within seconds that friendly atmosphere had turned toxic and young 18 year old workers were suddenly looking shell-shocked and stunned at each other. 

Even when the kid answered saying he was 18, the guy didn't even acknowledge it or say thanks, he just continued to march off down the concourse. Its why it all happened so quickly. 

For me things like that give an indication of a culture at a place, and I wouldn't work somewhere like that. 

5 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I had just been to that hatch and bought three drinks, the atmosphere behind there was really friendly, they are always young kids but one of them made a mistake and asked a silly question and they all laughed at each other etc. Service was good and I walked away. Within seconds that friendly atmosphere had turned toxic and young 18 year old workers were suddenly looking shell-shocked and stunned at each other. 

Even when the kid answered saying he was 18, the guy didn't even acknowledge it or say thanks, he just continued to march off down the concourse. Its why it all happened so quickly. 

For me things like that give an indication of a culture at a place, and I wouldn't work somewhere like that. 

They’ll just say they outsource the catering and will “have a word” there won’t be any direct employees to discipline 

Leeds had a 90's DJ playing the music at the game - think his name was Pat Sharp. The week before it was 80's music.    I thought it added to the entertainment even though not my era. 

At least they make the effort plus the normal half time kids playing on the pitch.

The KR CEO spoke at our hospitality and mentioned that at KR they did a market, which he thought added to their games.

ON that point both The Leeds and KR CEO said as part of their workstream we should expect some announcement regards marketing and promotional expertise coming in to SL.... They sounded very upbeat about it...

Edited by redjonn
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Spidey said:

They’ll just say they outsource the catering and will “have a word” there won’t be any direct employees to discipline 

It was a Wire employee, suited and booted who behaved like this, not the catering staff. 

3 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

11k at Hull today. Can't remember the exact figure announced. Great atmosphere before the match with the family fun day. My little girl loved it.

Great crowd and solid win. 

4 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

11k at Hull today. Can't remember the exact figure announced. Great atmosphere before the match with the family fun day. My little girl loved it.

Good crowd that, I’d have guessed at 9,800 before the game. 

10 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Leigh managed just 2400 for their home game against Sheffield on Friday.

It seems the more star signings they make the lower their crowds get.

You know there are 8 Leigh fans on here that post regularly…..get the tin hat ready!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Dave T said:

It was a Wire employee, suited and booted who behaved like this, not the catering staff. 

What's happened at Warrington then, why the changes to the pre-match entertainments etc. Has there been a change in management/marketing staff?

23 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

What's happened at Warrington then, why the changes to the pre-match entertainments etc. Has there been a change in management/marketing staff?

Who knows, you hear nothing. But change it has. 

9 hours ago, Dallas Mead said:

You know there are 8 Leigh fans on here that post regularly…..get the tin hat ready!

Why , that is about our average since the pandemic 

9 hours ago, Scubby said:

Leigh managed just 2400 for their home game against Sheffield on Friday.

It seems the more star signings they make the lower their crowds get.

Yes it was disappointing , not sure how signing a player who is still in Australia is going to immediately result in fans going to a game the following day , and in truth , most like myself don't probably know who Blake Ferguson is 

Have to say that Leigh station was rammed with people going away for the weekend Friday tea time 😉

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Dallas Mead said:

and there’s one of the 8 😂👍

So you want a blue Peter badge for stating the obvious 

We got pretty much our average attendance , which is disappointing 

58 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So you want a blue Peter badge for stating the obvious 

We got pretty much our average attendance , which is disappointing 

……the other 7 will be along shortly.

6 hours ago, Dallas Mead said:

……the other 7 will be along shortly.

Is there a full guestbook of fans of other clubs who naturally comment when their own club are mentioned, or is it just specifically for Leigh fans?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bigbaldnmad said:

4317 at Fev today, around 100 Widnes fans

Great crowd, saw there was a big promotion with tickets for local community invtge week. Full Mark's and more of the same please - the team deserves it at present.

11 hours ago, Dave T said:

Who knows, you hear nothing. But change it has. 

Looks like fitzpatrick has come to the end of his reign