Jump to content

Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)


Recommended Posts


Anyone know the Hudds and Catalans attendances? I’m sorry if someone has already said them but I haven’t trawled through the last 4 pages of people arguing about how many fans Lock Lane took to Thatto Heath in the challenge cup first round to check. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Anyone know the Hudds and Catalans attendances? I’m sorry if someone has already said them but I haven’t trawled through the last 4 pages of people arguing about how many fans Lock Lane took to Thatto Heath in the challenge cup first round to check. 

5724 at Hudds I think

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sidi Fidi Gold said:

Excellent , considering the weather

It had cleared up by kick off so might’ve got a few locals to the game last minute, but i’m sure there’ll be plenty like my mates that decided early on yesterday to make other plans with the kids rather than hang around and see if there was a game on or what the conditions would be like.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

1500 max

Glad your internet is back on, but that's two outages in a week so I'd be looking for a new provider.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, HawkMan said:

No doubt MOTD tonight will reveal swathes of empty seats, the weather of course. 

This is a fair comparison with a sport that could sell out many of its games multiple times and where people have paid a lot more for the tickets.

If the capacity at Hull or Wigan was 4,000 I don't think there'd have been many empty seats either.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

This is a fair comparison with a sport that could sell out many of its games multiple times and where people have paid a lot more for the tickets.

If the capacity at Hull or Wigan was 4,000 I don't think there'd have been many empty seats either.

Perfectly put. Demand for a Man Utd game could be 20% lower and it could still sell out. 

But one thing I have noticed, we are seeing more empty seats at football games nowadays.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Perfectly put. Demand for a Man Utd game could be 20% lower and it could still sell out. 

But one thing I have noticed, we are seeing more empty seats at football games nowadays.

Football is still obviously in a very healthy position, but I do wonder if it is sewing the seeds of its own eventual decline. I was surprised to hear that Tottenham on average have 8000 empty seats.

It's almost like they've built their whole structure on the idea of perpetual growth, that will inevitably come to an end and in all likelihood already has.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Football is still obviously in a very healthy position, but I do wonder if it is sewing the seeds of its own eventual decline. I was surprised to hear that Tottenham on average have 8000 empty seats.

It's almost like they've built their whole structure on the idea of perpetual growth, that will inevitably come to an end and in all likelihood already has.

Loads of my mates (and me) have lost interest in football over the last few years, it’s so money orientated it just doesn’t appeal any more. In fact I’d love to see the bubble burst, nobody needs the money they earn it’s obscene. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Football is still obviously in a very healthy position, but I do wonder if it is sewing the seeds of its own eventual decline. I was surprised to hear that Tottenham on average have 8000 empty seats.

Is that 8,000 seats they could sell or it is a mix of unsold and ones they have to keep empty for segregation?

I'd not heard they were struggling to sell out but, given costs, it wouldn't surprise me. A friend has been to quite a few European matches there because there are nearly always tickets available for those.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Is that 8,000 seats they could sell or it is a mix of unsold and ones they have to keep empty for segregation?

I'd not heard they were struggling to sell out but, given costs, it wouldn't surprise me. A friend has been to quite a few European matches there because there are nearly always tickets available for those.

Not sure, I watch a few YouTube football channels and it was in a video about empty seats at Man City.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Football is still obviously in a very healthy position, but I do wonder if it is sewing the seeds of its own eventual decline. I was surprised to hear that Tottenham on average have 8000 empty seats.

It's almost like they've built their whole structure on the idea of perpetual growth, that will inevitably come to an end and in all likelihood already has.

No it is for the tourists when they return to uk from outside Europe. Plus NFL games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...