Jump to content

Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, meast said:

What's LMTB?

Sorry, I'm not up with the acronym way of reading and writing.

Sorry it is a League Match Ticket Book. I apology. 

Anyone want explain to me how say the Hull FC Membership scheme is different from a season ticket? Is it different or just an alternative name or does it give extra advantages for the supporter? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Hearing your feedback @Dave T on promotion for Wire matches is a little depressing.

I can’t say that the RL boffins in Aus are much better. It really irritates me to know that the 2022 season opening round was a record round for viewership of any other round, ever, yet, the only club that could crack 20k were Brisbane, who themselves had a pretty poor 32k turnout for a season opener against a big draw like Souths.

Watching the Warriors V Cas game, if there were 10k fans there, then maybe I can expect the real Easter Bunny to make an appearance this year.

I’m not sure if it is the same in the SL, but I definitely think the NRL clubs rest on the laurels because they get such a high share of television revenue. A truly mindless attitude to earning an income and delivering entertainment that grows the number of financially committed supporters.

I get panned on here because I am a fan of more than one sport. One such sport I follow opened their season this weekend and have delivered crowds of 40k, 72k and 58k in its first three games. Funnily enough, I think those two smaller crowd numbers are low. There may well be a stadium 75% crowd limit that limited the 40k crowd from being nearer the 50k mark. The membership and attendance culture within this sport are unrivalled in Australia.

Back to SL, I feel like the game is not focused on attendances at all. With the exception of a few clubs. Fixtures on at the same time. Thursday nights. Most others on a Friday night. I expect Wigan to draw no less than 15k for a home game all season.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32,000 at Brisbane = poor

5000 at Salford = great attendance 

Leeds are always the best supported Super League club yet their attendances are often labelled poor on here, just as the best supported NRL club in Brisbane, with an incredible 32,000 attendance is labelled poor. That’s the logic on this forum. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

32,000 at Brisbane = poor

5000 at Salford = great attendance 

Leeds are always the best supported Super League club yet their attendances are often labelled poor on here, just as the best supported NRL club in Brisbane, with an incredible 32,000 attendance is labelled poor. That’s the logic on this forum. 

5k probably is good for Salford. As far as I am concerned, it’s not good enough for SL.

I concede, there may have been capacity restrictions in Brisbane, so whilst in normal circumstances, 32k for a season opener is poor, there may have been a better reason for the low crowd other than complacency.

The logic that 32k being poor for Brisbane yet 5k being good for Salford is what Albert would refer to as relative.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

32,000 at Brisbane = poor

5000 at Salford = great attendance 

Leeds are always the best supported Super League club yet their attendances are often labelled poor on here, just as the best supported NRL club in Brisbane, with an incredible 32,000 attendance is labelled poor. That’s the logic on this forum. 

That’s like comparing premier league and welsh football attendances though, if Man Utd got 59k it would be very poor but if Rhyl got 2k it would be superb. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

32,000 at Brisbane = poor

5000 at Salford = great attendance 

Leeds are always the best supported Super League club yet their attendances are often labelled poor on here, just as the best supported NRL club in Brisbane, with an incredible 32,000 attendance is labelled poor. That’s the logic on this forum. 

Rather than comment on the game itself and another Leeds loss we should, of course, focus on and criticise Salford’s attendance.

That’s the logic of Sir Kev on this forum.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great that Salford worked hard to fill seats , and for once it paid off with decent weather and a good entertaing game and most importantly a WIN , but they must follow this up , one off initiatives only work if the information and contacts gained are used long term  , I genuinely hope they do 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, theswanmcr said:

Rather than comment on the game itself and another Leeds loss we should, of course, focus on and criticise Salford’s attendance.

That’s the logic of Sir Kev on this forum.

In fairness, this is the attendance thread. Sir Kev has opened a thread on Agar's position and commented on the match thread.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

32,000 at Brisbane = poor

5000 at Salford = great attendance 

Leeds are always the best supported Super League club yet their attendances are often labelled poor on here, just as the best supported NRL club in Brisbane, with an incredible 32,000 attendance is labelled poor. That’s the logic on this forum. 

It's all relative though?

As someone has pointed out, It's like comparing an English Premier league clubs' crowds with that of a Welsh Premier league club.

What's the point?

Edited by meast
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

32,000 at Brisbane = poor

5000 at Salford = great attendance 

Leeds are always the best supported Super League club yet their attendances are often labelled poor on here, just as the best supported NRL club in Brisbane, with an incredible 32,000 attendance is labelled poor. That’s the logic on this forum. 

I don't think anyone said 32000 for Brisbane was poor - it was posted on an other thread to show how amazing the NRL is compared to SL.

On the same weekend Saints go a crowd bigger than just about every NRL game - but SL is still poor. Cats got 31500 crowd 3 years ago but I bet all the NRL fans were saying how amazing SL is.

5700 for Salford is a great crowd- its because most RL fans on here want them to do well so a crowd like that is a great step forward.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Salford’s crowd was fine. Everything is relative. They have put together a very exciting side, and the more people that see it the better. I think SL crowds are holding up fine. Neither brilliant nor disastrous. 

Meanwhile, I am really looking for the Aussie Rules “guy” to post his AFL World Cup crowd figures so we can do a compare and contrast. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Salford’s crowd was fine. Everything is relative. They have put together a very exciting side, and the more people that see it the better. I think SL crowds are holding up fine. Neither brilliant nor disastrous. 

Meanwhile, I am really looking for the Aussie Rules “guy” to post his AFL World Cup crowd figures so we can do a compare and contrast. 

take a break EW, you don’t have to be one all the time.

https://www.austadiums.com/sport/australian-football/results

As you are so obsessed, there’s a link to show you the AFL crowds this year. Swans pulling bigger crowd than any Sydney NRL game this year is a concern. Except that it’s the norm. Their 25k is the Sydney benchmark so far and not a very high one. How long do you think until an NRL game in Sydney draws more?

Back to RL, it was great to see the Sharks back playing at home. Good turnout considering the restrictions due to the development. The atmosphere more resembled some of the great SL matches I’ve attended. Prime Minister was there in support of the win as well. Good to see.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

take a break EW, you don’t have to be one all the time.

https://www.austadiums.com/sport/australian-football/results

As you are so obsessed, there’s a link to show you the AFL crowds this year. Swans pulling bigger crowd than any Sydney NRL game this year is a concern. Except that it’s the norm. Their 25k is the Sydney benchmark so far and not a very high one. How long do you think until an NRL game in Sydney draws more?

Back to RL, it was great to see the Sharks back playing at home. Good turnout considering the restrictions due to the development. The atmosphere more resembled some of the great SL matches I’ve attended. Prime Minister was there in support of the win as well. Good to see.

Not sure what the AFL has todo with it, we may as well compair, SL, NRL and AFL to the English Premier League football attendances- pointless comparing different sports.

Edited by Mr Frisky
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8.1k at Wire. 

Lowest of the year despite heavily discounted tickets. 

A lacklustre event, my daughter disappointed as Wolfie nowhere to be seen. Maybe he thought it was a 3pm kick off. Either way, seems odd when the focus of today was family tickets. 

That said, I personally enjoyed sitting out in the sun having a couple of beers with family and friend. 

I expect 4kish in the cup next week. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Not sure what the AFL has todo with it, we may as well compair, SL, NRL and AFL to the English Premier League football attendances- pointless comparing different sports.

It has nothing to do with anything. It’s just a typical trolling shoehorn from an occasional “contributor”. Though, that said, some UK AFL games attract crowds that almost reach 2 figures, so we can be pretty pleased with how we’re going on that basis.

Edited by Exiled Wiganer
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

8.1k at Wire. 

Lowest of the year despite heavily discounted tickets. 

A lacklustre event, my daughter disappointed as Wolfie nowhere to be seen. Maybe he thought it was a 3pm kick off. Either way, seems odd when the focus of today was family tickets. 

That said, I personally enjoyed sitting out in the sun having a couple of beers with family and friend. 

I expect 4kish in the cup next week. 

Id imagine Wire will be a bit disappointed with the gate, but when you have a very rich fella on the board at least you know he’ll cover the loses the club make. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

take a break EW, you don’t have to be one all the time.

https://www.austadiums.com/sport/australian-football/results

As you are so obsessed, there’s a link to show you the AFL crowds this year. Swans pulling bigger crowd than any Sydney NRL game this year is a concern. Except that it’s the norm. Their 25k is the Sydney benchmark so far and not a very high one. How long do you think until an NRL game in Sydney draws more?

Back to RL, it was great to see the Sharks back playing at home. Good turnout considering the restrictions due to the development. The atmosphere more resembled some of the great SL matches I’ve attended. Prime Minister was there in support of the win as well. Good to see.

Mate I don’t like speaking for others but I can safely say that no one on here apart from you has the slightest interest in fumbleball’s attendances.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Mate I don’t like speaking for others but I can safely say that no one on here apart from you has the slightest interest in fumbleball’s attendances.

Except it's a reply to someone who did raise them?

Anyway, Geelong beat Essendon good and proper to all is well.

And I have no idea what the crowd was.

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Dave T said:

8.1k at Wire. 

Lowest of the year despite heavily discounted tickets. 

A lacklustre event, my daughter disappointed as Wolfie nowhere to be seen. Maybe he thought it was a 3pm kick off. Either way, seems odd when the focus of today was family tickets. 

That said, I personally enjoyed sitting out in the sun having a couple of beers with family and friend. 

I expect 4kish in the cup next week. 

You know while the stands looked half empty on tv there was still a fair amount of noise and obviously lots of points scored, it was no damp squib. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Jughead said:

5,568 at Toulouse. 

Toulouse's crowds seem to be holding up above 5K. Hopefully they'll get a few bigger crowds as their performances keep improving

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JM2010 said:

Toulouse's crowds seem to be holding up above 5K. Hopefully they'll get a few bigger crowds as their performances keep improving

I think you’ll also see bigger away followings in the summer months. I know plenty of Saints fans who are going in June and chose that over todays game. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...