Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

1 hour ago, Josef K said:

That is worrying. 

Best thing that could happen to Oldham and Rochdale is if the football clubs went bust and had to start again.  

You can 3g the pitch out of football league and would need to build the income at facility rather than doped on FL payouts. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Josef K said:

My guess at this wks attendances 

Wigan/Hull 10,500. 
Huddersfield/Catalans 4,900                            Hkr/wires sellout                                                Cas/Toulouse 5,900                                          Leeds/Saints 11,600                                        Wakey/Salford 5,000. 
Leigh/Dews 3,000. WorkTown/York 850. Barrow/Batley 1,500. Fev/Sheff 3,200. Fax/Whaven 1,500. LDN/Bulls 1,200. Newc/Widnes 1,000. 
Raiders/RDale 170. Crusaders/Cornwall 500. Midland/Swinton 500. Hunslet/Oldham 600. Keighley/Donny 790. 

Given the weird 5.30 pm Saturday ko, I'd be overjoyed if the Cru got 500 in.

9 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Best thing that could happen to Oldham and Rochdale is if the football clubs went bust and had to start again.  

You can 3g the pitch out of football league and would need to build the income at facility rather than doped on FL payouts. 

OAFC won last night in their battle to avoid the drop if they win on Saturday i think they’ll be safe. I know the OAFC chairman is not very popular with the fans, and if he enjoys that sort of thing winding up his own fans he could make himself more unpopular by letting Oldham RLFC play at their stadium for 100yrs rent free. 

3 minutes ago, Josef K said:

OAFC won last night in their battle to avoid the drop if they win on Saturday i think they’ll be safe. I know the OAFC chairman is not very popular with the fans, and if he enjoys that sort of thing winding up his own fans he could make himself more unpopular by letting Oldham RLFC play at their stadium for 100yrs rent free. 

He doesnt own the stadium.  He bought a club without its main asset meaning it is worthless .

Cant 3g a pitch in the FL though.

They are doomed to start again at Step 5 in a few seasons regardless. Fans only stopped boycott when owner said he would leave. But noone will buy club because it is worthless so next season whatever div They are in admin is coming. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

He doesnt own the stadium.  He bought a club without its main asset meaning it is worthless .

Cant 3g a pitch in the FL though.

They are doomed to start again at Step 5 in a few seasons regardless. Fans only stopped boycott when owner said he would leave. But noone will buy club because it is worthless so next season whatever div They are in admin is coming. 

I’m sure with it being football there is always someone who will want to buy a club. If the OAFC chairman doesn’t own the stadium who does, is it the council ?. 

13 hours ago, Josef K said:

My guess at this wks attendances 

Wigan/Hull 10,500. 
Huddersfield/Catalans 4,900                            Hkr/wires sellout                                                Cas/Toulouse 5,900                                          Leeds/Saints 11,600                                        Wakey/Salford 5,000. 
Leigh/Dews 3,000. WorkTown/York 850. Barrow/Batley 1,500. Fev/Sheff 3,200. Fax/Whaven 1,500. LDN/Bulls 1,200. Newc/Widnes 1,000. 
Raiders/RDale 170. Crusaders/Cornwall 500. Midland/Swinton 500. Hunslet/Oldham 600. Keighley/Donny 790. 

Labelling it a sellout is misleading when they’ve given all the tickets away for free at Hull kr 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Josef K said:

I’m sure with it being football there is always someone who will want to buy a club. If the OAFC chairman doesn’t own the stadium who does, is it the council ?. 

Nope Simon Blitz previous owner who is holding it and club gets no revenue from the main hospitality stand. Club is kneecapped by and idiot and in the case of Blitz a leech. Another example that if you don´t own the infrastructure you are kneecapped. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Labelling it a sellout is misleading when they’ve given all the tickets away for free at Hull kr 

If all the tickets have gone it must be a sellout, whether they have been sold for cash or given away. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 29/03/2022 at 23:47, Josef K said:

Cas/Toulouse 5,900           

Haven't Cas's first two home games been 10 000+ sellouts? I guess we'll see whether a vital relegation four-pointer draws in punters in the same numbers.

Over 10 000 for a game in soccer's fifth tier last Saturday, for a club which isn't even the best supported one in its own small city.

38 minutes ago, JonM said:

Haven't Cas's first two home games been 10 000+ sellouts? I guess we'll see whether a vital relegation four-pointer draws in punters in the same numbers.

Over 10 000 for a game in soccer's fifth tier last Saturday, for a club which isn't even the best supported one in its own small city.

Nottingham and it’s catchment area isn’t small, the city itself is over 300k and including suburbs the conurbation is around 700k. Nottingham RL are another club who should have been supported by the game and lot left to wither imho. 

Edited by Eddie
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, JonM said:

It’d be great if they got another 10,000 sell out Jon but i can’t see it this time.  7,000 would be brilliant especially after the Leeds win. Perhaps i have been a bit to harsh with the attendance. 

28 minutes ago, Josef K said:

It’d be great if they got another 10,000 sell out Jon but i can’t see it this time.  7,000 would be brilliant especially after the Leeds win. Perhaps i have been a bit to harsh with the attendance. 

You usually are a bit harsh but this week Leeds will do well to get 11,600 I reckon, and Wigan would be chuffed with 10,600. Two clubs who don’t seem capable of arresting their attendance decline while others (HKR, Cas and Saints) are increasing theirs. 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Nottingham and it’s catchment area isn’t small, the city itself is over 300k and including suburbs the conurbation is around 700k. Nottingham RL are another club who should have been supported by the game and lot left to wither imho. 

They're currently the 98th best team in the country and can still draw 10K people to a game. Which shows what all other sports in England are up against.

I watched quite a few Nottingham RLFC home games, perfect example of how not to do expansion. There was never any chance it was going to succeed, or even cling to life. 

1 hour ago, JonM said:

They're currently the 98th best team in the country and can still draw 10K people to a game. Which shows what all other sports in England are up against.

I watched quite a few Nottingham RLFC home games, perfect example of how not to do expansion. There was never any chance it was going to succeed, or even cling to life. 

Yes they’re 98th best in the country who’ve also been in the top flight as recently as the 90s and will be back in the league soon enough. 10k in a local derby against another big ex-league side isn’t indicative of the 5th tier of football, just like 35k wasn’t in the Scottish 2nd division when Rangers were in it.   However I fully agree that football is far and away the best supported game in the country that is incomparable to anything else. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonM said:

Meanwhile, for balance, there are 7 teams in the 3rd tier of English football who can't draw an average crowd of more than 5,000, three of whom average below 3,100.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

You usually are a bit harsh but this week Leeds will do well to get 11,600 I reckon, and Wigan would be chuffed with 10,600. Two clubs who don’t seem capable of arresting their attendance decline while others (HKR, Cas and Saints) are increasing theirs. 

I was meant to be going to Leeds tomorrow Eddie, but by the time we all finish work it’s going to be a risk whether we’d get there on time. Which means it looks like im going to give it a miss sadly. 

• Sad 1

On 30/03/2022 at 18:49, Josef K said:

If all the tickets have gone it must be a sellout, whether they have been sold for cash or given away. 

Good effort from Hull KR. When was the last time Leeds had a sellout?

• Like 1

9,500 (and a bit) it was announced as at the ground. A poor crowd but it was freezing and whilst it’s a shame to dip below 10,000 for the first time in the league, that’s our run of Thursday nights out the way, so hopefully it’s only going to go one way now. The club needs to get the new marketing director earning their money over the coming months. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, WN83 said:

9,500 (and a bit) it was announced as at the ground. A poor crowd but it was freezing and whilst it’s a shame to dip below 10,000 for the first time in the league, that’s our run of Thursday nights out the way, so hopefully it’s only going to go one way now. The club needs to get the new marketing director earning their money over the coming months. 

Those thursday games are always tough.  Hope when we get into summer it will improve.  

10 hours ago, WN83 said:

Looking at the highlights , It did look cold . 

Good game though , by the looks of it.  

9 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Those thursday games are always tough.  Hope when we get into summer it will improve.  

They are and we’ve had 3 on the spin. We’ve got Easter Monday, then a Sunday game and then all Fridays (as things stand) to come now. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WN83 said:

They are and we’ve had 3 on the spin. We’ve got Easter Monday, then a Sunday game and then all Fridays (as things stand) to come now. 

Think it is why getting Salford and Wakey in New /redeveloped grounds.  Reduces dependency on Sky to pick big clubs on Thursday to have a game that looks full,  meaning better days open up for Wigan. 

Just think we are one big club short to take the pressure off the usual suspects.