Jump to content

Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, johnh1 said:

Cats v Saints.  8624

Hudds v Hull.   3637

Hull KR v Cas.  not given

Wakefield v Wigan.  3756

................

Sheffield v Whitehaven.    150

.............

Bradford v Barrow.     3258

....................

Newcastle v Widnes.       1835

..............

Cornwall v Midlands.        1473

Doncaster v Swinton.       1015

London Skolars v North Wales.      186

Oldham v West Wales.     651

Rochdale v Hunslet      415

 

What on earth is going on with Rochdale. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


8 hours ago, johnh1 said:

Cats v Saints.  8624

Hudds v Hull.   3637

Hull KR v Cas.  not given

Wakefield v Wigan.  3756

................

Sheffield v Whitehaven.    150

.............

Bradford v Barrow.     3258

....................

Newcastle v Widnes.       1835

..............

Cornwall v Midlands.        1473

Doncaster v Swinton.       1015

London Skolars v North Wales.      186

Oldham v West Wales.     651

Rochdale v Hunslet      415

 

Some shocking figures from Huddersfield and Wakefield for a big cup game. Anyone who thinks the cup should continue in the same format needs to give their head a wobble. Move to groups, with home games included in season tickets just as Super League games are. 

Cornwall have made a fantastic start.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Some shocking figures from Huddersfield and Wakefield for a big cup game. Anyone who thinks the cup should continue in the same format needs to give their head a wobble. Move to groups, with home games included in season tickets just as Super League games are. 

Cornwall have made a fantastic start.

Would season ticket prices go up under your plan, or remain as they are? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The more you look at numbers for Rochdale and Oldham the more suicidal the RFL's decision not to allow a club in central manchester becomes. 

Anytime Oldham go up they have to leave Oldham, Dale really struggling . Just who is the RFL protecting here? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

The more you look at numbers for Rochdale and Oldham the more suicidal the RFL's decision not to allow a club in central manchester becomes. 

Anytime Oldham go up they have to leave Oldham, Dale really struggling . Just who is the RFL protecting here? 

I think Rochdale’s low attendances (compared to the last few seasons) are something to do with a dispute with the football club meaning a massively reduced capacity; but I’m sure someone in the know can elaborate. It’s a shame as I thought Mazey & Co were really going to turn the club around. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

The more you look at numbers for Rochdale and Oldham the more suicidal the RFL's decision not to allow a club in central manchester becomes. 

Anytime Oldham go up they have to leave Oldham, Dale really struggling . Just who is the RFL protecting here? 

Four club's encircle Manchester, Oldham, Rochdale, Salford and Swinton wherever they happen to be playing, another club in central Manchester would not do anything to raise the profile of Rugby League in that city, football has to big a hold for the city and surrounding area, even in Leigh 11 miles west go into a pub when football is broadcast and the pubs are packed, there is not that much interest even if it is the CC or GF when RL is on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Colin James said:

I would love to know how Doncaster arrived at that figure because there wasn't anywhere near that many people in the ground today. Makes you wonder how accurate any of the numbers given actually are.

I can understand reducing the figure because they would have to pay revenue on the sales received, why would they increase the figure?

Unless of course a lot if season ticket holders didn't show.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Four club's encircle Manchester, Oldham, Rochdale, Salford and Swinton wherever they happen to be playing, another club in central Manchester would not do anything to raise the profile of Rugby League in that city, football has to big a hold for the city and surrounding area, even in Leigh 11 miles west go into a pub when football is broadcast and the pubs are packed, there is not that much interest even if it is the CC or GF when RL is on.

And none of those club have the possibility of gaining commercial income from the Manchester brand.  Oldham cant grow because of stadium issue,  Swinton are Sale but bizarrely refuse to change their name. 

In terms of marketability, Manchester means more than any of those places we have mentioned. Plus Salford long term get someone to hate.  'Wherever they happen to be playing' is the point. If we arent trying to regrow the game in Greater Manchester and using a new club to do that,we're basically giving up on that area. 

Maybe it doesnt work (although I think it would) but demanding a 500,000 bond for League 1 RL and killing it stone dead was madness. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I think Rochdale’s low attendances (compared to the last few seasons) are something to do with a dispute with the football club meaning a massively reduced capacity; but I’m sure someone in the know can elaborate. It’s a shame as I thought Mazey & Co were really going to turn the club around. 

He seemed to look at the size of the pop,  community game and think 'ok,  there is a viable club here'. 

The whole of Manchester RL is just a prisoner of infrastructure. Rochdale and Oldham FC dont look long for the FL so perhaps when the reality of no more FL payments kicks in progress can be made. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

The more you look at numbers for Rochdale and Oldham the more suicidal the RFL's decision not to allow a club in central manchester becomes. 

Anytime Oldham go up they have to leave Oldham, Dale really struggling . Just who is the RFL protecting here? 

Just checking - if you are counting Rochdale and Oldham as central Manchester, where are you drawing the line for outer Manchester starting?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

He seemed to look at the size of the pop,  community game and think 'ok,  there is a viable club here'. 

The whole of Manchester RL is just a prisoner of infrastructure. Rochdale and Oldham FC dont look long for the FL so perhaps when the reality of no more FL payments kicks in progress can be made. 

It wasn't that Salop, Andy's heart and soul is in RL, he was first a director of Leigh along with his dad, they didn't see eye to eye with Mr Beaumont and so Andy left did some sponsoring at Leigh East then the opportunity to go to Swinton raised its head so he ended up their as Chairman, we all know the reason he left Swinton, but not to be out on the sidelines of the game he and some fellow ex Swinton Directors  parked up in Rochdale, it was the only club he could go to into the vicinity, Oldham was out of the question with Chris Hamilton there, he wouldn't go back to Leigh , Salford had a new consortium take over, so that left Wigan, Saints and Wire not a chance, he still lives in Leigh.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Just checking - if you are counting Rochdale and Oldham as central Manchester, where are you drawing the line for outer Manchester starting?

No the opposite.  Those three places are greater manchester.  Manchester rangers would have played out of MRA,  a 20 minute metro from Picadilly Gardens.  Thats central Manchester

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Some shocking figures from Huddersfield and Wakefield for a big cup game. Anyone who thinks the cup should continue in the same format needs to give their head a wobble. Move to groups, with home games included in season tickets just as Super League games are. 

Cornwall have made a fantastic start.

Those who are thinking of group games and adding more games to the season needs to give THEIR head a wobble. 😆😆😆😆

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Those who are thinking of group games and adding more games to the season needs to give THEIR head a wobble. 😆😆😆😆

Enter last 32 Draw the SL teams all away , one will lose there is your story. Games are much more unique and better for the sport than just loop fixtures. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Enter last 32 Draw the SL teams all away , one will lose there is your story. Games are much more unique and better for the sport than just loop fixtures. 

I would go one further, SL drawn against lower league must play away in any round. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Those who are thinking of group games and adding more games to the season needs to give THEIR head a wobble. 😆😆😆😆

Gets rid of Loop fixtures

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

I would go one further, SL drawn against lower league must play away in any round. 

Didnt think about that but yep, why not? 

If we are going to get the same amount at Champ grounds as SL for cup games then yep. 

Plus we need to be giving clubs like Barrow York Newcastle exposure to better teams to allow us to glimpse potential.  

York vs Leeds selling out or Newcastle getting Hull would look great. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Didnt think about that but yep, why not? 

If we are going to get the same amount at Champ grounds as SL for cup games then yep. 

Plus we need to be giving clubs like Barrow York Newcastle exposure to better teams to allow us to glimpse potential.  

York vs Leeds selling out or Newcastle getting Hull would look great. 

Imagine in the last round it was Leigh v HKR and Fev v Cats.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Didnt think about that but yep, why not? 

If we are going to get the same amount at Champ grounds as SL for cup games then yep. 

Plus we need to be giving clubs like Barrow York Newcastle exposure to better teams to allow us to glimpse potential.  

York vs Leeds selling out or Newcastle getting Hull would look great. 

Do you honestly think York v Leeds would attract anywhere near a 8,000 crowd? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Didnt think about that but yep, why not? 

If we are going to get the same amount at Champ grounds as SL for cup games then yep. 

Plus we need to be giving clubs like Barrow York Newcastle exposure to better teams to allow us to glimpse potential.  

York vs Leeds selling out or Newcastle getting Hull would look great. 

I agree as love watching the recent Barrow v Giants game as well Whitehaven v St.Helens and would love to see more crowds like that for them alongside York and hopefully Newcastle and Cornwall.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Do you honestly think York v Leeds would attract anywhere near a 8,000 crowd? 

Yes, otherwise I wouldn´t of said it. Why do you always pose your opinion as a question instead of just saying, "I don´t think York vs Leeds would get that because of X,Y, and Z?"

Edited by ShropshireBull
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...