Widnes Vikings

Spike

Gonna be a tough game.. but good experience and hopefully no injuries..  would like to see walker and teare get a run out 

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Were basically playing in a league within a league this season, these games against the top teams are inconsequential pretty much. All we need to do is get in and out of them injury free and with as best a points difference as possible.

Thats not to say we go into them with an entirely defeatist attitude, surprise results can happen obviously. But all the clubs expecting to fight against relegation need to be realistic against Leigh, Fev, Widnes, Bulls, Fax etc.

25 minutes ago, dkw said:

Were basically playing in a league within a league this season, these games against the top teams are inconsequential pretty much. All we need to do is get in and out of them injury free and with as best a points difference as possible.

Thats not to say we go into them with an entirely defeatist attitude, surprise results can happen obviously. But all the clubs expecting to fight against relegation need to be realistic against Leigh, Fev, Widnes, Bulls, Fax etc.

Exactly . I was saying at 20-6 on Sunday that we need to stem the bleeding here, it could be important at the end . And we did . Definitely a season of targeting games and having a limited goal . Looking at last year trying to get 6 or 7 wins is a fair base . 

31 minutes ago, dkw said:

Yeah I think that sums it up well. Four or  Five clubs will be battling to avoid the Two relegation places I.M.O.  

Hey guys, hope you don’t mind us posting on here we just wanted to invite your Traveling fans to join us before the game Sunday at The Hub Sports’s Bar, Old town hall, Widnes WA8 7QZ (0.5mile from the DCBL Stadium)

We have space for coach parking and will be open from 11:30 showing the Liverpool vs Cardiff game.

We are also offering all Fans with a Valid match ticket 10% off all food and drinks. 

Hopefully see some of you guys Sunday, have a safe Journey.

Cheers Paul

On 02/02/2022 at 12:04, dkw said:

Dewsbury beat Widnes twice last year, and Whitehaven beat them 64-6 (albeit Widnes only had 16 men). Widnes blew very hot and cold last year and haven't yet really done anything to prove they are one of the "top teams".

10 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Dewsbury beat Widnes twice last year, and Whitehaven beat them 64-6 (albeit Widnes only had 16 men). Widnes blew very hot and cold last year and haven't yet really done anything to prove they are one of the "top teams".

Them and york are the 2 big underachievers from last season but both have recruited well pre season be far better this year 

36 minutes ago, donald said:

Them and york are the 2 big underachievers from last season but both have recruited well pre season be far better this year

Hmm. York were widely considered to have recruited very well and set for big improvement last year when they recruited Jones-Bishop, Atkins, Cuthbertson, Kirmond plus two new half backs, although they struggled with injuries they still didn't live up to expectations and a few of the bigger signings are no longer with the club. I think they probably will be better this year if they get better luck with injuries but how good they will be remains to be seen.

Widnes have made some fair signings but again they looked good on paper before last year. I can see them being better this year but not sure if they will crack that top 4 or 5.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Hmm. York were widely considered to have recruited very well and set for big improvement last year when they recruited Jones-Bishop, Atkins, Cuthbertson, Kirmond plus two new half backs, although they struggled with injuries they still didn't live up to expectations and a few of the bigger signings are no longer with the club. I think they probably will be better this year if they get better luck with injuries but how good they will be remains to be seen.

Widnes have made some fair signings but again they looked good on paper before last year. I can see them being better this year but not sure if they will crack that top 4 or 

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

😂😂😂 must have been a helluva player. I always thought one man didn’t make a team but that missing player obviously did. As I recall there was 4 subs sat on their bench.

No reason we can't go close. Lads didn't do much wrong against a full time Thunder outfit. They just won the arm wrestle and got to the line more on the day. Widnes beating London Broncos 12-34 was no shock the majority of the Broncos side are ex Skolars that Coleman has brought across with him. 

A healthy crowd going too will give them an extra push.  The incentive of the points always helps too. 

1 hour ago, Marrafan said:

😂😂😂 must have been a helluva player. I always thought one man didn’t make a team but that missing player obviously did. As I recall there was 4 subs sat on their bench.

Not sure what your point is, Widnes only had 16 players due to a lot of late withdrawals and you'd have to be on another planet if you don't think their performance was affected that day, but that's not the point I was making anyway, in fact the opposite, I was pointing out that Widnes were beatable last year.

1 minute ago, townie88 said:

I know we say this far to often. But that shocking. To the point I cant even remember what it would be for?

Think we can expect this sort of pettiness every week

No I can’t think . The incident where he was knocked out got put on report … i mean surely not !!?

5 minutes ago, Town0682 said:

Evan was at the ptb when the fight kicked off. Maybe something happened there? Getting tiresome tho & it’s only game week 2 😭

Just looked online it’s for a late hit on the passer. Thunder player also been sat down for two games for the same offence. That’s two players banned for town already this season for late hits. 

2 minutes ago, Town0682 said:

Just looked online it’s for a late hit on the passer. Thunder player also been sat down for two games for the same offence. That’s two players banned for town already this season for late hits. 

Yes , I’ll watch these incidents closely when SL starts and see happens 

Archived