Widnes Vikings

Spike

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, dkw said:

That's ridiculously harsh.

Well by all accounts we've given up.. should fight till the end.. don't want to see any team put 60 points on us

6 minutes ago, Keith T said:

Well 50 up for Widnes so who can we blame now!!!!!

Forber Keith he's sitting in the dugout wrong...

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

7 minutes ago, town2018 said:

Personally I think Chris,s plan to go with a light pack isn't going to work this year and may see us on the back off a big defeat most weeks this year 

Hope you are wrong, but think you may be correct unfortunately

8 minutes ago, town2018 said:

Personally I think Chris,s plan to go with a light pack isn't going to work this year and may see us on the back off a big defeat most weeks this year 

I think that's a lot of people's worry, Newcastle beat us up the middle last week too.

1 minute ago, bobg said:

Oh dear, this is a reality check, embarrassing to say the least.

Writing was on the wall last week Bob, Far too predicable ans slow in attack and very light going forward at this level. Still be there next week though UTT

Are we winning?

This week and next we're always about damage limitation. We haven't done that very well at all today. But we're two games in. Blaming individual players when conceding over 60 points is harsh! 

Dust off, onto next week. Only was is up. Who do we play?? 🙄🙈

3 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Are we winning?

This week and next we're always about damage limitation. We haven't done that very well at all today. But we're two games in. Blaming individual players when conceding over 60 points is harsh! 

Dust off, onto next week. Only was is up. Who do we play?? 🙄🙈

Featherstone,  unfortunately

It’s only Feb at home next week isn’t it!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

12 minutes ago, Spike said:

Well by all accounts we've given up.. should fight till the end.. don't want to see any team put 60 points on us

You had better get used to it there will be a few of them this season, although I don’t know what people expected against established teams with a damn sight more money than us, of course it’s frustrating but survival is the only thing that matters this season and then see where we are next utt

Very steep learning curve , but we knew it would be . It’s a big big step up , especially with how this league has moved on again in terms of quality and depth . These sides are accustomed to it or like Newcastle have piled resources in to catch up . We’re only two games in so can’t be going overboard , and just have to focus on our limited aims for the season . Widnes have invested to be a play off side . Saying that we’ve got to learn and acclimatise fast , the deficiencies and errors from league one will kill you in this league . Still , there’s nothing we didn’t know and it’ll come down to key games we target . 

I don't think manyTown fans expected a win today, but neither would they expect a 50 point margin bearing in mind the dog fight at the bottom end of the league that will develop. Points against crucial. One thing the commentators commented on was the Widnes forwards were too big, too fast and too slick!. Same as Newcastle last week. Too late now to make changes in the forwards. I expect we will see plenty drubbings this season home and away. Can't blame the players, they were the ones signed on for this important season for the clubs future. I would reckon you can't coach a 12 stone player how to stop a 16 stone flyer charging at you. The old saying " Can't go without legs" isn't in our game plan because we always try to out muscle these big forwards. Just my opinion. I want Town to be as successful as anybody else but !!???

Archived