Dewsbury at home Sunday.

spanishknight

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Small squad is going to hurt us. I know we have a few promising youngsters, but they haven’t come through reserve systems like at Leeds or Wigan. We haven’t got  enough forwards. Two or three injuries and we’re down to the bare bones. I see young McDonnell is on loan to Leigh. He did a great job for us - an 80 minute player. We haven’t got many of those in the pack....We’ve got one 8 minute player though. Let’s hope he makes those 8 minutes count on Sunday. 

8 minutes ago, Fax Knight said:

Small squad is going to hurt us. I know we have a few promising youngsters, but they haven’t come through reserve systems like at Leeds or Wigan. We haven’t got  enough forwards. Two or three injuries and we’re down to the bare bones. I see young McDonnell is on loan to Leigh. He did a great job for us - an 80 minute player. We haven’t got many of those in the pack....We’ve got one 8 minute player though. Let’s hope he makes those 8 minutes count on Sunday. 

That's the spirit!

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

16 minutes ago, Fax Knight said:

We are certainly light in the back 3could do with a couple of more players to add depth and competition in those positions.

Looking forward to Sunday, looking back on Mondays game we did defend superbly stuck in against a very good Fev side which I believe will be head and shoulders above others this season. 

Our forwards did struggle to gain ground against Fev but they put a massive stint in defence which takes it out of you and hopefully we can have more ball and be on the front foot rather than the back like last Monday. 

Hoping Brendan is fit to start and move Matty to full back which will give us more options going forward  and give our backs more chance to see the ball.

Dewsbury will be looking to bounce back after a bad loss to Bradford and we struggled to break them down last season at there’s so it won’t be easy and should not be taken for granted.

Regarding squad size and injuries how big a squad can we have do we go for a bigger squad but less class or push the boat out I think the squad is about spot on the only weakness is the back row maybe not enough cover but where do you get decent back rows now that have not been signed already? Yes would have liked Macdonell here but he’s gone to Leigh which will be closer for him I’m sure we are looking but got to make the right choice.

53 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

The man in the middle on Sunday is Ben Thaler the Super League referee.

He's reserve referee, main man on Sunday is Tom Grant.

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

1 hour ago, spanishknight said:

The man in the middle on Sunday is Ben Thaler the Super League referee.

FEV's got everybody's favourite on monday SK Robert Hicks 

15 hours ago, Roger York said:

Looking forward to Sunday, looking back on Mondays game we did defend superbly stuck in against a very good Fev side which I believe will be head and shoulders above others this season. 

Our forwards did struggle to gain ground against Fev but they put a massive stint in defence which takes it out of you and hopefully we can have more ball and be on the front foot rather than the back like last Monday. 

Hoping Brendan is fit to start and move Matty to full back which will give us more options going forward  and give our backs more chance to see the ball.

Dewsbury will be looking to bounce back after a bad loss to Bradford and we struggled to break them down last season at there’s so it won’t be easy and should not be taken for granted.

Regarding squad size and injuries how big a squad can we have do we go for a bigger squad but less class or push the boat out I think the squad is about spot on the only weakness is the back row maybe not enough cover but where do you get decent back rows now that have not been signed already? Yes would have liked Macdonell here but he’s gone to Leigh which will be closer for him I’m sure we are looking but got to make the right choice.

1 back rower i would like to see back at the club is Joe Porter.

13 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Looking forward to Sundays game first one I'll see live this season, watched the Fev game on T.V. but you can't beat being there watching the Knights, pity Coolie can't join us but we can't have everything, up the Kneets.

Yeah , how can you let a trivial event get in the way of R L on a Sunday , plenty of  hot air but no commitment.😁😁😁

2 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

Yeah , how can you let a trivial event get in the way of R L on a Sunday , plenty of  hot air but no commitment.😁😁😁

Dewsbury’s biggest mouth can’t come to the game cos he’s got to go to a party at the soft play centre. 😂😂😂

On 03/02/2022 at 10:56, georgeb1 said:

Hope the fan's turn up again , our support can be a bit fickle at times and go into their shell, let's make some noise and roar em on to a win 😀😀😀

Fickle and York fans in the same sentence 

Wheres Simon "knows fluff" Hall when you need him 

Probably milking his bull down on the farm🤔🤣🤣

3 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

Dewsbury’s biggest mouth can’t come to the game cos he’s got to go to a party at the soft play centre. 😂😂😂

Yes unfortunately life gets in the way sometimes... 

Makes it worse I had to turn down directors tickets too

Would have been nice to visit York City's new ground and sample their hospitality 

Maybe next season 

I take it thankfully you've no children or grandchildren that sometimes have to come first before rugby 

But I suppose sat under your bridge longing for Sunday to giving you some purpose of life... Is just enough 🤔😜

3 minutes ago, coolie said:

Would have been nice to visit York City's new ground and sample their hospitality 

Maybe next season 

I take it thankfully you've no children or grandchildren that sometimes have to come first before rugby 

But I suppose sat under your bridge longing for Sunday to giving you some purpose of life... Is just enough 🤔😜

Maybe you should spend more time with your kids and grandkids instead of been a keyboard warrior 😂

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

2 minutes ago, coolie said:

Maybe next season 

It is first rate coolie , I will think of you when I am troffing my Sunday dinner tomorrow .😃

16 hours ago, Stirlin said:

It is first rate coolie , I will think of you when I am troffing my Sunday dinner tomorrow .😃

And it’s got an adult sized pitch too  - not a postage stamp piece of grass like you have at the Tetleys!🤣

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

Archived