Dewsbury at home Sunday.

spanishknight

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

But it’s our postage stamp,what about yours,do you own your stadium and all it’s facilities?

A 99 year lease is as good as you can get really. Makes it impossible for anyone to sell it from under us and there’s no maintenance to pay for. I’ll take that. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

34 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

A 99 year lease is as good as you can get really. Makes it impossible for anyone to sell it from under us and there’s no maintenance to pay for. I’ll take that. 

That’s the biggest problem owning your own ground the cost of the maintenance. 99 year lease is pretty good,better than Sheffield who have got a 5 year lease 🙈

Better performance today, although Dewsbury were pretty poor. Our tackling was atrocious in the first half, why don't we tackle legs anymore? Line speed is still an issue too. 

Some glimpses of what can be, BOH played well, as did Thompson, brown, Logan. Next week will be interesting to see where we are

Decent second half , thought we were dire first , must improve tackling and line speed it's o k against that level but must improve to make the six , moan over. Up the knights , I hope plenty make the short trip to Batley next week in what will be a much tougher match . 😀😀😀

To be fair the conditions were dire early first half not really rugby weather a lot of games today were close at half time it is a leveller.

We showed glimpses what we can do Brendan played well first game back from injury Thompson again outstanding. Pauli Pauli played better a bit more involved would love to see him run from deep more often he is a handful.

Our kicking game close to the line looked good it is early season and we will get better.

On a final note I hope it’s warmer next week at Batley.

Thought the defence was good, particularly on the try line but the occasional concern about moving up slowly.

Nice to see Brendan back, Jamie Ellis looks as though he is growing into it - fabulous spur of the moment option to kick and get the skipper in.  Jordan Thompson was absolute class again and I reckon Sam Davis is gonna be a real handful once he gets a few games under his belt, Kirmo was his usual workaholic self. Impressed with Ronan Michael again and Jack Logan and Joe Browne worked really hard.

How was wacky warehouse Coolie? 😉 We had our own funny old afternoon at the crazy community stadium, had all 4 seasons today! 

Really good to get that first win. I’ve said it before but I love watching our wingers/centres now knowing they are safe as houses under the ball, they know when to go for the break or take the tackle. Used to drive me mad watching Dixon or BJB take the ball near their try line and try to run it out instead of scrambling over the line, it usually resulted in a drop out. Not with these backs, they are smart.

Dewsbury huffed and puffed and hung in there so credit to them but they never really did enough, the game felt really slow and I thought they were very fortunate not to be a man down for a professional foul after Oakes’ run along the wing. 

BOH will get even better as he gets match fit and Pauli looked more involved second half. My only (constructive) criticism is our passing from hooker was again a bit slow, a bit wayward and at times too obvious. With competition for places I’m sure it will improve. 

Attendance 1562. Not sure whether to be happy or disappointed with that.

A game of two halves, weather spoilt any chance of open rugby by either team in the first half, once it stopped raining and the sun appeared the Knights woke up, showed how much we missed having two halfbacks last season, all the new players seem to be settling in nicely which is great news for us fans, roll on next week for a hard game at Batley it's time we won there.

Thank goodness Andy A thought the defence was good. After reading the first few posts I thought I'd been at a different match. At least someone thought the same as me. First half, forget it. I thought both teams did well to turn out in that weather, along with the officials and staff/ subs on the touch line, never mind try and play rugby. After they'd all got warmed up a bit I thought the second half was a decent performance. Some nice tries, good kicking and that brilliant touchline run of Will Oakes! If only he could have made the last few yards, it would have been a contender for try of the season at the end of the year.

36 minutes ago, Clarence Street said:

Thank goodness Andy A thought the defence was good. After reading the first few posts I thought I'd been at a different match. At least someone thought the same as me. First half, forget it. I thought both teams did well to turn out in that weather, along with the officials and staff/ subs on the touch line, never mind try and play rugby. After they'd all got warmed up a bit I thought the second half was a decent performance. Some nice tries, good kicking and that brilliant touchline run of Will Oakes! If only he could have made the last few yards, it would have been a contender for try of the season at the end of the year.

Fordy compared it to that legendary Ellery Hanley effort.

2 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Good win for the Knights with not conceding a try. Let in 30 last week then score 30 this week ,some doing.

All the best tomorrow night. All Fev fans are we - for a day. 😆

That first half was a hard watch, but you could see BOH getting more and more up to speed as the game went on, and he'll make a big difference for us going forward. It was not the sort of weather for showing off a more ambitious range of passing though !

Thought Jack Logan had a good game today.

Ross Pelltier was great for Dewsbury, in attack and defence. They looked a better side when he was on the pitch.

27 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

How can you want a Lancashire team ? Fev fans love going to Dewsbury.

Leigh to beat featherstone 

Featherstone to beat leigh

Nobody goes undefeated all season

Dewsbury been the last team to do it in 2009

Why else would I want Leigh to win 🤔🤣🤣🤣

Didn’t enjoy the first half much, but it was a big improvement in the second. Echo what a lot have said about performances. Thought Oakes had good game - hope the injury isn’t too bad. Love the way Thompson still gains metres after the tackle. Having proper half backs makes a big difference and Marsh is so much better as a full-back. It will be interesting to see what happens when Harris’s ban ends. Was good to see PP show glimpses of what he can do. Looked a bit fitter and was bending his back in some tackles. Must be like getting hit by a bus. As Ford says, need to work on more fluency in attack which hopefully will come. Big game next week. 

1 hour ago, coolie said:

Toulouse 2021?

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

8 hours ago, coolie said:

I'll let you off then lol.

Archived