YORK AWAY

myview

So it’s time to take my head out of the clouds after thinking we had a chance against Bradford. What was I thinking. Time to make some changes I think and give more of the squad a chance to show what they can do. Here goes:-

1) Turner at full back even though possibly not fully match fit

2) Sweeting to replace Smith 

3) Greensmith and Graham to replace Ryder and Gabriel to strengthen and sort out the right wing

4) Speakman to start at hooker 

5) Find a place for Hall to be more fluid with the ball.

6) Consider a place for Sykes for his experience and leadership ( Also to stop any arguing within the team after opponents score as noted by another poster elsewhere)

Feel free to reply with your views - I would be interested

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, myview said:

So it’s time to take my head out of the clouds after thinking we had a chance against Bradford. What was I thinking. Time to make some changes I think and give more of the squad a chance to show what they can do. Here goes:-

3) Greensmith and Graham to replace Ryder and Gabriel to strengthen and sort out the right wing

6) Consider a place for Sykes for his experience and leadership ( Also to stop any arguing within the team after opponents score as noted by another poster elsewhere)

1. Agree

2. Replace beharrell(on the bench) with sweeting

3. Agree need to shake it up they leak too much

4. Losing Sam Day to rotate with Dom would effect us at some stage

5. A few to try out first

6. He has a place coaching, if our only solution is to bring back a forty something to solve our problems

We're in dire trouble 🤔🤔

Free hit on Sunday vs York 

Won't win, can't win, only lose

So go with the same team +Turner

And give them a chance to redeem themselves.. If not ring the changes🤔

A lot of players had a bad game

Chance to put things right this week

5 minutes ago, myview said:

When Sweeting is on the field, nobody else to take the goal kicks. Sweeting and Beharrell were a good combination they say at Doncaster so give it a try before splitting it up.

One thing we can agree on

I'm glad it's not us who have to pick the team🤔🤣🤣

Beharrell and Sweeting looked fair game and made good set up combinations towards the end of the Bradford game - I personally think they need to trial this more. Beharell has a brilliant kicking game when he has the opportunity and can be a threat for opposing teams, so whoever’s on his side needs to be ALOT more switched on. I really hope and pray they switch Ryder and Gabriel to Beharrel’s side.. not sure if fans had seen but when they all played together at keighley they killed it scoring tries for fun! 

Im hoping by York game perhaps we might possibly use the dual reg with Rovers to maybe strengthen the team up slightly to. Perhaps make people fight for there positions more and get them fired up for when they have made selection. 

Some observations from the Bradford game which might influence peoples selections

1. Left side really struggled 1st half and defence was poor.

2. Moving Tomlinson into the centre role at half time fixed that problem and no more tries conceded on that side.

3. Right side fell apart 2nd half without Smiths defence and communication with his centre and wing. 

4. Right side players caught out of position too many times in 2nd half and every try scored in the second half came through that area.

5. Sweetings communication and kicking game from fullback was missed 2nd half...not sure what the answer is....not sure the if the new lad is the answer as he hasnt had a preseason so its not fair to judge.

6. Why are so many players questioning the refs decisions? Thats the captains job and poor discipline really put us on the back foot.

7. How many times did we either lose the ball in the tackle or get pinged for ball steals? Some work needed there too.

19 hours ago, myview said:

Agree with all those suggestions except maybe Gabriel.  
def try Greensmith. Looks a big unit. 

Just as importantly, how many will be going?

Whilst wanting to give the team our wholehearted support I do know that a few fans won't visit York thanks to the toxic nature of a lot of their fans. These absentees will include a fair few who travel the length and breadth of the country yet will decline the shortish journey to York. I have no doubt that some of their staunch supporters will disagree with this comment but just have a look at the forums of a few other clubs to see that this isn't a simple one-eyed view.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Yorks 19 named

Toby Warren - Second Row

Kristin Brinning -Hooker

Joe Brown - Wing

Chris Clarkson - Second Row

Sam Davi’s - Hooker

Ronan Dixon - Prop

Jamie Ellis - Halfback  

James Glover - Centre

Myles Harrison - Fullback

Will Jubb - Hooker

Danny Kirmond - Second Row

Jack Logan - Wing

Matthew Marsh  - Fullback

Masimbaashe Matongo - Prop

Ronan Michael - Prop

Brendan O’Hagan - Halfback

Will Oakes -Wing

Pauli Pauli - Second Row

Jack Teanby - Prop

15 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Just as importantly, how many will be going?

Whilst wanting to give the team our wholehearted support I do know that a few fans won't visit York thanks to the toxic nature of a lot of their fans. These absentees will include a fair few who travel the length and breadth of the country yet will decline the shortish journey to York. I have no doubt that some of their staunch supporters will disagree with this comment but just have a look at the forums of a few other clubs to see that this isn't a simple one-eyed view.

hope you, coolie and the gang turn up , always a warm welcome, friendly banter at york😀

Unfortunately my second eldest child in her wisdom has organised my grandchildren's birthday party at a play gym on Sunday 1pm till 3pm 

Destroying any hope of rugby league on sunday

And the fascist dictator she is I cannot fail to turn up.. Or else

Why the fluff she couldn't have organised it for Saturday is beyond comprehension 

SUNDAY IS RUGBY LEAGUE DAY

🏉👊🏉👊🏉👊🏉👊🏉👊🏉👊🏉👊🏉👊🏉

13 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

It's going to be interesting who the 2 players are who miss out 🤔where's Aaron Hall,anybody know?

Knowles might be one to miss out as he has received a two match ban for butting, but I’m not sure if that ban might start next week. The other might be Magrin again, thus allowing Sykes to make an appearance (as sub probably) to try and shore the defence.

I expect Turner will make his official debut next week.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

It's going to be interesting who the 2 players are who miss out 🤔where's Aaron Hall,anybody know?

He likes to offload...no chance of a place😜

5 hours ago, LeagueConvert said:

Rams 19

Annakin

Beckett

Beharrell

Butterworth

Carr

Dixon

Ferguson

Gabriel

Graham

Kidd

Knowles

Magrin

Peltier

Ryder

Smith

Speakman

Sweeting

Sykes

Tomlinson

If there's no Turner this week why is sweeting not at fullback?? 

10 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Who says he will not be playing there? I think he might be.

He is playing

It's 4 regular faces that's been dropped (loose lips sink ships and  all that) 

LG might be taking the view its a free hit to try work out what his best team is for Sheffield next weekend 

🤔🤔

15 hours ago, coolie said:

If there's no Turner this week why is sweeting not at fullback?? 

I know your excited and getting giddy about the upcoming birthday bash C but don't tell me you've forgot the RFL in their wisdom list  the players alphabetically not positionally  🎂

7 minutes ago, POR said:

I know your excited and getting giddy about the upcoming birthday bash C but don't tell me you've forgot the RFL in their wisdom list  the players alphabetically not positionally  🎂

There's 3 names on that list that ain't playing ..unless he's had a change of heart🤔

19 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Knowles might be one to miss out as he has received a two match ban for butting, but I’m not sure if that ban might start next week. The other might be Magrin again, thus allowing Sykes to make an appearance (as sub probably) to try and shore the defence.

I expect Turner will make his official debut next week.

In the Championship players banned are clear to play this weekend because they wouldn’t be able to challenge their bans if they wished to do so until next Tuesday.

Today’s match is another tough one; York look the better outfit and I am sure will be much stronger and quicker than Dewsbury who need to show a massive change in commitment and skill after last week’s shocker. 

Will the team be changed, or will LG give those players another chance, simply to redeem themselves? I think not, but too many changes might affect the squad too much, so I just wonder if this might be our line up:

1 Turner

2 Gabriel 

3 Tomlinson 

4 Graham

5 Carr 

6 Sweeting 

7 Beharrell 

8 Kidd

9 Speakman

10 Beckett

11 Walton

12 Knowles 

13 Schofield 

14 Annakin

15 Sykes

16 Ferguson

17 Peltier 

Even so, sadly it will make no difference whether my choice is any different to our coach’s, the result will be the same. 

York 42-12 Dewsbury 

FTS: Walton

MoM: Beharrell 

Att: 1244

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Archived