Catalan or Toulose Ryanair

Col81

Hi, i have some flights paid for with Ryanair that i need to switch. Does anyone know if it would be easier to switch to the Catalan away trip or Toulose i have never been away before for a rugby match so any advice with nearest travel destination/airport would be welcomed. It is for the Saints games. Thank you

27 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Which airlines do Toulouse to Manchester? 

Tui although not all year round according to this info below. Ryanair do London Stansted direct to Toulouse which could be an option for fans travelling, it’s not in London it’s virtually the Midlands.

https://thegetawaylounge.co.uk/blog/which-uk-airports-fly-direct-to-toulouse 

5 hours ago, barnyia said:

They fly from Birmingham to Perpignan I think, carcassonne is just short of an  hours drive to Toulouse. And an hour and a bit to Perpignan. 

About two hours by train I seem to remember.

5 minutes ago, newbe said:

Curve ball, get the train 😀😀

I've done that. Eurostar to Lille then TGV to Perpignan (6hours). I'd finished a box of wine by our arrival!

Manchester to Carcassonne, Ryanair flies on Monday's and Friday's.

Carcassonne to Perpignan by car is only around 1h30.

Better still, stay at our chambres d'hôtes in Saint Laurent de la Cabrerisse,

only 30 minutes from Carcassonne and 45 minutes from the Stade Brutus!

24 minutes ago, Andy Pickup said:

Manchester to Carcassonne, Ryanair flies on Monday's and Friday's.

Carcassonne to Perpignan by car is only around 1h30.

Better still, stay at our chambres d'hôtes in Saint Laurent de la Cabrerisse,

only 30 minutes from Carcassonne and 45 minutes from the Stade Brutus!

A very nice chambre d'hôtes, highly recommended. 

• 3 weeks later...

There's a cheap little hotel opposite Carcassonne railway station called Hotel Bristol and plenty of bars in and around the old town: There's a regular shuttle bus that connects the airport with the railway station and vice versa if you want to stay there but Toulouse has better hotel options: there are loads around the Boulevard de Strasbourg. Also plenty of bars in that area and in central Toulouse.

Trains between Carcassonne-Toulouse and back are quite frequent. One an hour - ish

Rule of thumb with Toulouse is try and avoid staying the area around the railway station, particularly if on your own at night. The city centre itself is safe, picturesque and has a great atmosphere. Best burgers = Coyote Burgers near St Sernin cathedral (some good bars round there as well)

1 hour ago, Col81 said:

Manchester to Carcassonne then a train to Toulouse Friday to Monday, any experience thoughts? recommendations to stay? bars to go?

We stayed in the Ibis which is literally in the centre, it's an Ibis so cheap, clean and cheerful.

Delirium Cafe is fantastic, the beer menu is bigger than most restaurants have for food!!

Obviously there's the usual British offerings - The Melting Pot and Pub o Clock which are opposite each other but get rammed on an evening, The Thirsty Monk is also a good but very busy place.

Have a wander down to the riverside through the old town too and check out some of the bars down that side.

Oh and don't expect public transport to get you to the stadium!!.

Archived