Adam Hills

I'm very pleased with this - he's built up a huge fan base, especially on Channel 4 so that's a huge boost to the coverage right there. Never seen him do sports presenting before but he seems very adaptable in other TV roles and clearly has a great knowledge of RL. 

Now, I wonder if anybody will feel the need to mention his leg/foot? 

As I already said on the other C4 thread I think this is a great move. I know he was widely touted as the favourite anyway but having a well known, professional presenter who is very enthusiastic about the game will be great for the coverage.

Great news.  A guy who has become a star of Channel 4 and the wider comedy/entertainment scene and is a long time lover of Rugby League. 

His name will draw in a few extra viewers.  Couldn't think of a better choice.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Agreed that he's a good choice. He's certainly enthusiastic about the sport. But I do wonder whether a tricked has been missed getting a woman with... no, no, someone who is fairly new to the game, as was mentioned in another thread - someone like Clare Balding who, although keen doesn't know the ins and outs and so asks some questions that someone new to the game might be wondering. 

1 hour ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Now, I wonder if anybody will feel the need to mention his leg/foot? 

Like he's never mentioned it or named his show after it?

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

3 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

What was he on for? As in if he's pushing something else that might be why he's also on Sunday Brunch sadly. Although I guess that is at least on C4. 

I don't watch either show but Sunday Brunch is a longer show than the One Show so even if he is appearing primarily for a different reason there should be more opportunity for him to bring up the RL coverage once his initial segment is done with. It would make little sense for Channel 4 not to have him promote the SL game considering his appearance on Sunday Brunch will be so close to the game taking place even if it is not the main reason for him being on Sunday Brunch.

1 hour ago, zorquif said:

Agreed that he's a good choice. He's certainly enthusiastic about the sport. But I do wonder whether a tricked has been missed getting a woman with... no, no, someone who is fairly new to the game, as was mentioned in another thread - someone like Clare Balding who, although keen doesn't know the ins and outs and so asks some questions that someone new to the game might be wondering. 

There's talk of Helen Skelton being involved too.

5 minutes ago, wiganermike said:

Wasn't she involved in the Olympic Games coverage on the BBC?

She's also covered live swimming away from the Olympics on the BBC. Probably a few other things too.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Why is no one making suggestive comments about having sexual intercourse with Adam Hills. Honestly. All this Wokey Cokey. I give up. As someone else posted, the bolsheviks have truly won!

(Note - please reference the Emma Jones thread for context if required)

But how big are his mel…….not going there. 

I’m really pleased he’s involved. There aren’t many better ambassadors for the sport than Adam Hills. He deserves the gig on the effort he puts in to get to the Warrington PDRL training sessions alone. 

Archived