35 Years Ago Today

thecrab

19 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

The thing is, back in the day, it was state of the art. Covered on 4 sides. Funded by donation, hence the Hutchins stand, and crowd funding. Now I know we have a way of funding signings, but what about a 'ground funding scheme'?  A bit like a church steeple fund? Whereby funds can be collected and used only for 1) land purchase and/ or 2) ground or stand improvement? I have suggested this in the past, but was poo pooed. 

Rugby oldham tried for years to help Mr Hamilton for funding the terracing on the whitebank Road side of the vesacare stadium he wouldn't or couldn't entertain it. He also has apparently got the old stand from the willows in storage but can't build it at the vestacare due to ownership issues at the far end of the ground.

So we just need some old brown fill land in oldham to build a stadium but land that size is a premium and it also has to be multi functional to generate revenue in the days rugby isn't played 

For instant football hockey festivals music or beer. Collectors fairs etc etc

2 minutes ago, clifford said:

Rugby oldham tried for years to help Mr Hamilton for funding the terracing on the whitebank Road side of the vesacare stadium he wouldn't or couldn't entertain it. He also has apparently got the old stand from the willows in storage but can't build it at the vestacare due to ownership issues at the far end of the ground.

So we just need some old brown fill land in oldham to build a stadium but land that size is a premium and it also has to be multi functional to generate revenue in the days rugby isn't played 

For instant football hockey festivals music or beer. Collectors fairs etc etc

I recall the meetings yourself and others had with Chris.

there is a very simple answer if oldham council would get there finger out its called boundary park'

a town without sport isnt a town. yorkshire town councils help their clubs.

i.e york/ hull / castleford/wakefield/featherstone/bradford/ to name a few. 

33 minutes ago, tandle said:

there is a very simple answer if oldham council would get there finger out its called boundary park'

a town without sport isnt a town. yorkshire town councils help their clubs.

i.e york/ hull / castleford/wakefield/featherstone/bradford/ to name a few. 

Unfortunately it's Oldham. 

We’ll see what happens now the football club is up for sale. Hopefully the current owners move-on ASAP, and then you never know. I see the owners of OEC have now purchased the gym and Roughyeds are using it.

The pitch at BP doesn’t look too bad at the moment, but it hasn’t been fully relaid in years and would need a lot of money investing in it.

44 minutes ago, OL14.yeds said:

We’ll see what happens now the football club is up for sale. Hopefully the current owners move-on ASAP, and then you never know. I see the owners of OEC have now purchased the gym and Roughyeds are using it.

The pitch at BP doesn’t look too bad at the moment, but it hasn’t been fully relaid in years and would need a lot of money investing in it.

Can football teams in the lower leagues play on plastic pitches? If so then laying a plastic pitch may be the answer.

9 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Can football teams in the lower leagues play on plastic pitches? If so then laying a plastic pitch may be the answer.

EFL require grass pitches. Sutton Utd had to lay one when they they got promoted from the National League last year.

My train of thought is that we should be deeply grateful to Avro`s for having us there. Latics is a non starter at the moment, nor in the immediate future.

The smart thing to do in my view is to start to contribute to the *ongoing improvements to the stadium, by interested parties, as we should have done years back, but now in the confidence that there will be hopefully no smoke and mirrors and false dawns, perhaps forging relationships of integrity with the Avro management.

The fly in the ointment (if there is one) would soon become apparent. but a *strong fans group would have some clout.

And after all the Home in Oldham card  has been played already!

I have always thought Vestacare had potential, I still do.

the problem is oldham rlfc is insolvent and nobody is going to put finance into a business that is insolent and with no assets

whitebank is fine as it is for a amatuer football club, but the ground could never be brought up tp championship rugby league standard not enough land available.

On 05/02/2022 at 11:37, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

There's one thing I remember fro that game, fordy did the cross field kick to lordy, although he didn't score the ref allowed it. Unlike the next game against Warrington.

He didn't score but the ref allowed it?

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

9 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Not in the Widnes game, tackled short of the line. Same move against Warrington, avoided the cover, scored but Holdsworth disallowed it.

Never scored then 🙂 My tries where never under a 100 metre gallop "Honest"

9 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Not in the Widnes game, tackled short of the line. Same move against Warrington, avoided the cover, scored but Holdsworth disallowed it.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Archived