Mon 7 Feb: Ch: Featherstone Rovers v Leigh Centurions KO 19:45 (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Featherstone Rovers
    • Leigh Centurions

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/02/22 at 20:15

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Do we think game will beat the benchmark Monday night attendance of 3602 set by York last week?

I think the weather needs to improve drastically to max out the walk-ups. It should beat that figure though either way.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

32 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Do we think this game will beat the benchmark Monday night attendance of 3602 set by York last week?

I think it will be close although I haven’t seen any figures on ticket sales. One thing to take into account Fev took over 1000 fans to York unfortunately looking at what’s been said on social media I don’t think there will be anywhere near that number been able to make the trip across the M62 on Monday evening.

1 hour ago, Cardypaul said:

I think it will be close although I haven’t seen any figures on ticket sales. One thing to take into account Fev took over 1000 fans to York unfortunately looking at what’s been said on social media I don’t think there will be anywhere near that number been able to make the trip across the M62 on Monday evening.

Yeah there's a big difference between Sunday afternoon and a Monday evening for most travelling fans from over the hill.

14 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Yeah there's a big difference between Sunday afternoon and a Monday evening for most travelling fans from over the hill.

One thing I will say is the club have put a lot of marketing into the game so fingers crossed for a big turn out even though it’s a Monday night in February.

1 hour ago, Cardypaul said:

One thing I will say is the club have put a lot of marketing into the game so fingers crossed for a big turn out even though it’s a Monday night in February.

Yeah they have and look to have put a good team and coach together ,let's hope the Featherstone public and surrounding areas rally round the club like they do for finals.

4 hours ago, Cardypaul said:

2 supporters coaches almost full , I'd expect a similar number by car , so a couple of hundred at most 

7 hours ago, Cardypaul said:

Leigh have sold just under 500, expect 700

12 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Plus add in free coaches free kids snd £10 tickets and it’s cheap night out for a family. 

We went in car but was only a fiver for me, great jesture by York with the prices and from Rovers for the coach's.

Bigger game for Fev than Leigh I’d say at the moment. Finishing top is crucial so Fev won’t want to lose their home game. Also putting on a good performance in front of a large and expectant crowd is important for momentum. 

This Leigh squad doesn’t seem to have got the respect it deserves. It’s full of very good players and crucially they are full time. I think Leigh might win this one by 10

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

10 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Is the stand behind the sticks at Fev for away fan’s. How much would cost for Leigh fan to sit in the stand ?. 

6 hours ago, Josef K said:

Is the stand behind the sticks at Fev for away fan’s. How much would cost for Leigh fan to sit in the stand ?. 

Yeah it is for away fans especially when a big/ish away following come. You pay to get in ground and seating isn't  extra.

8 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

This Leigh squad doesn’t seem to have got the respect it deserves. It’s full of very good players and crucially they are full time. I think Leigh might win this one by 10

Almost everyone I know thinks fev will win. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is urging more than caution.

Leigh have a very well assembled full time squad that has been largely underplayed. I'm not confident. Others are. C'est la vie. 

49 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Almost everyone I know thinks fev will win. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is urging more than caution.

Leigh have a very well assembled full time squad that has been largely underplayed. I'm not confident. Others are. C'est la vie. 

Me neither Robin, but for exactly the opposite reasoning to yours

I hope Featherstone have enough, and would had been more hopeful had it been in 4 weeks time.

With 2 of our best forwards out, Joey having not played a game yet and Chizzy being in limbo until now due to the ban that was later rescinded, a few weeks would have been better... for both teams.

For the neutrals, don't expect a classic... it's too early in the season and both teams will be better on summer pitches.

1 hour ago, bigbaldnmad said:

I hope Featherstone have enough, and would had been more hopeful had it been in 4 weeks time.

With 2 of our best forwards out, Joey having not played a game yet and Chizzy being in limbo until now due to the ban that was later rescinded, a few weeks would have been better... for both teams.

For the neutrals, don't expect a classic... it's too early in the season and both teams will be better on summer pitches.

Feel the same way baldy, I honestly don't fancy Leigh's chances for near enough the same reasons in that Leigh have got 17 in tonight's squad that are newbies to the club this season but as you say a few weeks in can paint a completely different picture, I am quite pleased however that the game is at Fev as a loss at your place would not have the same effect as a loss at home at the LSV, I should think that Fev fans would probably feel the same if Leigh managed to win.

Archived