Mon 7 Feb: Ch: Featherstone Rovers v Leigh Centurions KO 19:45 (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Featherstone Rovers
    • Leigh Centurions

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/02/22 at 20:15

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 06/02/2022 at 11:09, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Do we think this game will beat the benchmark Monday night attendance of 3602 set by York last week?

There’s a new benchmark now with Widnes having attracted 3,623 yesterday due to imaginative marketing in letting season ticket holders have £1 match tickets for non season ticket holders. Talking of Widnes are they not serious dark horses. They seem to have gone under the radar, but have made some good signings.

1 hour ago, Cheadle Leyther said:

Talking of Widnes are they not serious dark horses. They seem to have gone under the radar, but have made some good signings.

Certainly possible they have improved and I like Tyler Dupree a lot. Still too early to judge them though, they played a moderate-looking London team who were missing most of what's left of their recognisable names, and then they beat a newly-promoted team who are still coming to terms with the Championship and probably lack a bit of quality. It's very early days in the season yet.

Still, they'll go into next week's away game at Fax thinking if they win that they will have a big chance of going 5-0 with Dewsbury (their bogey team recently) and Barrow next up. That Fax-Widnes game looks a hard game to call to me.

Can't wait for tonight's game, should be a cracker.

Long John's on under my jeans , thermal ski polo on , just setting off now for an early tea at the Wren , next to the LSV , before boarding the coach heading off to the village of the damned 😉

See you in a bit Robin 🍷

3 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Leigh have the start at the bookies, and they aren't a charity

Hopefully  a cracking game but nowts won tonight  ( getting ready incase we lose lol) big crowd tonight would look great on tv  and a good atmosphere.

8 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Almost everyone I know thinks fev will win. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is urging more than caution.

Leigh have a very well assembled full time squad that has been largely underplayed. I'm not confident. Others are. C'est la vie. 

Leigh have done well to go under the radar but signings like McDonald and Asiata are huge for the Championship. Adrian Lam is also a big coup. The FT factor still worries me, it's ultimately been the difference in 2019 and 2021 and that factor is still there.

Another thing is we don't seem to have done well in those games where we market it and get a big crowd in over the last few years and delivered a few flat performances. Really hope we can win this one as it's important but I'd make Leigh favourites both for this and ultimately promotion to SL.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Long John's on under my jeans , thermal ski polo on , just setting off now for an early tea at the Wren , next to the LSV , before boarding the coach heading off to the village of the damned 😉

See you in a bit Robin 🍷

43 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Tha will owd cocker!!🤣🤣

Am I the only one with Last of the Summer springing to mind reading this?

Have fun guys.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Leigh have done well to go under the radar but signings like McDonald and Asiata are huge for the Championship. Adrian Lam is also a big coup. The FT factor still worries me, it's ultimately been the difference in 2019 and 2021 and that factor is still there.

Another thing is we don't seem to have done well in those games where we market it and get a big crowd in over the last few years and delivered a few flat performances. Really hope we can win this one as it's important but I'd make Leigh favourites both for this and ultimately promotion to SL.

What’s the Financial Times got to do with tonight’s match?😀

Leilua's in. Which Joey will we see tonight - the attacking beast or the complete nitwit? The safe bet's on both.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Archived